Sequoia Coast i've seen finer gods than you, child, and i've swallowed them whole—
tear at the seams 'til you come undone
93 Posts
Ooc —
He begins with the crabs first. They're alive and trying their damnedest to escape back from whence they came. Natjuk sets upon them, shoveling their bodies into his cavernous maw and biting into them with a harsh crunch! The shell gives surprisingly, crumbling as he chews. He swallows it once it is a creamy mixture with some bulges. It goes down smooth enough, tasting of brine and fish. Nothing like landbound prey.

The shade is doing much the same, he notes. Drawn to the line of her sight, his sunburst eyes settle for the swells on the northern shore. There is something being driven ashore. Something dark, substantial, meaty. Drool pools in his mouth. Amidst his collection and whatever that is, he's vivified. His tail sweeps excitedly against his hocks. Options, options...

He tears off with another shellfish in his mouth, speeding across the coastal terrain crudely. He has not toured many seacoasts in his life and it shows, gaining some semblance of balance upon the gritty sand. Closing in on the blob, he skirts around its perimeter, tentatively prodding with an inquisitive nose. He grows braver, slinking closer to the beached thing with a hunter's aspect. Once his cold nose touches silken skin does it come alive, unfurling brashly with a rowdy sound. He springs back, spooked, sending gravel every which way.

It's still alive though it seems weakened by some obscure affliction. A seal. Or a sea lion. Hard to say as Natjuk has never come across such a creation before. All he knows for certain is that he is going to kill it and eat it. As sure as the sun rises in the morn and sets at twilight.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've seen finer gods than you, child, and i've swallowed them whole— - by Natjuk - January 05, 2019, 06:44 PM