Sun Mote Copse We climbed the Golden Gate Bridge just to watch the stars collide
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Could the Redhawks hear their howls here in the copse? And vice versa? After doing her first full patrol, Wildfire sat at the far western edge of the woods to conduct an experiment. Before she tried, she considered the factors at play. All this snow would certainly deaden noises. And there was a slight wind today, blowing east to west, which was in her favor but against theirs. That added up: she hadn't heard anything from the plateau, at least consciously. Hmmm...

Without further ado, she threw back her head and howled as loudly as she could—which wasn't very, ever since Junior had throttled her as a wee babe—calling specifically for @Elwood and @Finley to meet her here if they received her message. If this didn't work, she might have to ask one of the girls to try; they could raise their voices a lot more than she could. In the meantime, she picked up her little red feet and began doubling down on her earlier markings to reinforce their claim.
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
a howl... 

corinna's aud's perked as she noted the howl. last time she was in this territory it wasn't fully claimed. there was a child here, protective of it, but no one lived there. she wondered now what that might mean for the copse. so she began to head back towards the wood, hoping to intercept the wolf who had howled. 

as she approached, she found a scent marker, different from her last encounter with the territory. how intriguing! mint gaze sparkled with interest as she began to trail along the border-- the outside of it, anyway, and a good distance out so she wouldn't intrude-- nose twitching as she trailed after the nearest scent she could find. she spotted a bright little thing, delicate in feature but clearly seasoned in her day. an older wolf, but not an old wolf. there was a difference. staying on her side of the border, she let out bark for attention, keeping her posture neutral-- respectful if anything with a low dip of her head and an amiable wave of her tail.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
It was tempting to remain close to the western border to wait, though Wildfire had way too much to do to stand around anticipating visitors that may not even come. She forced herself to resume a proper patrol. She had never enjoyed them, yet there was something very different about warding the copse. She had been born to Alphas, had spent years mated to another, had also served on leadership. But this was the very first time she had chosen a home of her own. She adored the copse already and couldn't wait to truly call it her own.

A sharp bark caused her to rise in the middle of a squat, giving her hindquarters a little shake before she set off at a quick trot toward the sound. It wasn't her aunt or uncle, nor anyone else she knew. Wildfire wondered at these wanderers showing up on her doorstep with such impeccable timing. It pleased her that this one, like Fluke, showed deference to her borders. Their claim was already stable. Soon, it would be strong.

"Hey there," she greeted, coming to a stop a few yards from the stranger and studying her with warm bronze eyes. Wildfire held herself with a subtle sort of pride; blatant displays of dominance weren't really her style. "Can I help you?" she questioned affably.
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
the woman came closer. corinna came to a stop as she approached-- as friendly as this wolf appeared, corinna did not want to take advantage of such, some wolves did not take kindly to being walked all over. for good reason. 

"i was here a few days ago, when i noticed the territory was claimed i figured i'd drop by and meet the neighbors," she began with an affable wave of her tail, her pale gaze settled forward, but not so daring as to look the other woman in the eyes. she was a pretty face, she noted, corinna was quite fond of it-- but she was here on strictly business. "my name is corinna," she said with a deep dip of her caramel crown, her ears flicking back once before angling forwards again, "i'm not affiliated with any pack, but i consider this area to be home." just to sort out any confusion about packs, and what not. no ma'am, corinna moreau was not a lady to be tied down-- but she was anyones best ally.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The word "neighbors" caused Wildfire's head to tilt. Was there another pack nearby? She worried her lower lip, wondering how to feel about that possibility. But before she could delve too deeply into that thought, Corinna declared she wasn't affiliated with any pack. She spoke as an individual. The would-be sovereign let out a quiet breath, though she wasn't entirely relieved of her concern.

"It's nice to meet you, Corinna. I'm Wildfire Redhawk. I'm sorry if we edged you out of your home..." She paused, considering. "Of course, you could always continue living here, as part of the Firebirds." There was a little grin on her mouth, a well-meaning one. "We could absolutely use some able bodies."
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
"no worries," reassured corinna, for the copse itself was not her home-- but she did pass through once or twice, "it was only temporary." she might've clarified, but found it not worth her time. as she would say later, she did not stay in one place for very long. beyond that, wildfire offered her a home here anyway. had she stayed a part of blackfeather woods longer, she might have known the name redhawk. but, she dipped out rather quickly-- just as she had at moonspear. so corinna did not recognize the name. "it's my pleasure, miss wildfire," she said instead with a delicate lift of a pale paw to her chest.

"i'd hate to pledge loyalty without meaning it," the toffee coated wolf claimed with another dip of her head, "i am a traveller, a rouge, i do not stay in one place at a time." 

she added then, with a gentle tilt of her chin. "but if you don't mind a temporary member, i have many skills that would be of use to you." she had no plans to stick around one place, no, not forever, but while she was around she was quite the Jack of all trades. and, beyond that, was useful in any corner of the map. "even alone, i am a grand ally," she added, standing still beefore the firebrand.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She knew wolves who would've balked at Corinna's offer, writing her off as disloyal before being given a chance at all. Wildfire found herself taking a deep breath. She wanted to set a precedent right here, right now, that demonstrated how the Firebirds might have borrowed some concepts from Drageda but would outright reject others.

"You'd be welcome for as long as you'd like to stay. All I ask is that you earn your keep while you're here and say goodbye before you leave." Wildfire smiled softly, feeling a strange warmth filling her limbs as she continued, "And you'd be welcomed back anytime." That part was critically important to Wildfire, who would refuse to let the concept of natrona stain the Firebirds.
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
there was not a show of surprise on corinna's face, but she felt it. the only change in expression fell in a quirk of her lip into a small smirk, her tail swinging twice to show her pleasure in the offer. "you are generous, miss wildfire," corinna said with a dip of her head. a swing of a single golden ear and a cock of her pointed face and corinna was now ready to negotiate-- if you could call it that, wildfire seemed so willing. "i will not take advantage of your kindness." and she would not-- to do such to such a lady would be a crime against femininity, and the moreau way was not such. 

"can i share with you my talents? they are at your disposal now," she offered with a gentle twitch of her nose.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"Wifi," she corrected amiably. "That's good." She chuckled, then bobbed her head enthusiastically. "I was just about to ask. It's important to me that my wolves pursue trades and foster skills to serve the pack. It's not a requirement, per se, but those who acquire trades will achieve greater status than those who don't. So," Wildfire finished, "I'd love to hear all about what you bring to the table, Corinna."
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
"wifi," corinna repeated, but she would respectfully add the miss on there as often as she could. and then she dove into her self-indulged spiel. 

"i'm a healer, just by nature," she began, and had been since birth, it was just what she was raised to know. those were the most surface level and useful of her trades. arguably, anyhow. any pack would need a healer, and if they didn't then... they were probably too boring to need one. and lying. every pack needed a healer. "but i take pride in my abilities as a rouge," she said with a flick of an ear, a quirk of a brow as she gauged a reaction from wifi, "i am moldable to any personality-- i blend in wherever i please. i am among your best chance at gaining intel on other wolves and packs, and will infiltrate any group without issue."  i mean, look at her? who would expect such a well-kept (well, for a wolf), delicate little thing would be so good at such a task. and she loved it, too.

her tail flicked. gaze steady upon the firebrand. "it is why i do not stay in one place for too long," she added with a tilt of her chin.   
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her black tail waved when Corinna declared herself a healer. That was a trade Wildfire definitely valued. Before she could say as much, the other woman caught her off guard by mentioning that she dabbled in roguery as well. Those two didn't really go hand-in-hand, though the would-be sovereign listened astutely as Corinna explained her merits.

She placed much greater value on her former skill set than the latter and decided to say as much. "I could definitely use a healer in my ranks. I'm not as sure how I could use your rogue skills—I don't plan on spying on other packs or playing any other war games—but you know what they say: 'never say never.' I'm sure you'll be an asset here, Corinna." And as far as she was concerned, that was her official welcome to the Firebirds.

"I guess I don't really need to offer you a tour, do I?" she quipped next. "But you're more than welcome to walk the borders with me," Wildfire invited, black tail swaying as she resumed her earlier patrol, still keeping an eye and ear out for her godparents.

Tacked on a conclusion since this sat for 2+ weeks. :)