Raven's Watch and every minute gets longer
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Since the storm had battered the coast, his forward momentum had waned considerably when he had no other choice. He had been forced off his route—his only semblance of a plan, and then attempted to forge an inland equivalent beyond the reach of the worst of it. So he tracked on, and on more each day to the point that he had long since lost count, and only barely held fast to his grip on keeping himself surviving.

So, when the hunts for the morning failed spectacularly, and he had suffered a misstep that left his ankle sore and swelling up, his morale plummeted further, fast. In seeking some solace from the cold bite to the winds, and perhaps someplace where his luck might be better, he skimmed along the mountain range's edge. The going was slow, but he had nothing better.

With a limp wanting to set in, his willingness to fight it off fading, and a frown etched firm onto his expression, he knew he was in no shape to go tracking into the elevations for now. Thankfully, some relative relief came as his pathway opened up into a new vista; at the bottom of the overlook, unknown to him as Raven's Watch, he found a peaceful riverside and closed in. Once he made it there, he prowled its edge some, and sought a peaceful bend to find a drink, and a place to soak his ankle if he could be so fortunate—although a hot, fresh meal was all he really wanted, he didn't feel like he had the energy to make it happen yet.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
swiggity swooty

She didn't go this direction from the willows much, and she wasn't sure why she did today. Or why she left at all, really. Lily was still incredibly worried about Seabreeze after her fall, and about Brilliance, too, and and and--

It just didn't stop. So maybe that was why she was here. A moment of respite in a place out of the ordinary.

Respite didn't last long, though, at least not in solitude. A young man came her way, meandering along the curve of the stream. She sent an amiable chuff his way, even if a little reluctant about it; he'd notice her soon enough, anyway. Might as well get the ball rolling on a friendly note. She slowly closed the distance between them, wondering if he'd speak first or if she would do the talking, like always.
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
While he picked along, slow but steady, here came the lurking worry that if he decelerated too much, it could be a time before he found the energy to drudge onward once again. The mountain range loomed nearby, a stalwart shadow, and probably, if he tried, he could fish out some trails worth something. With the cover of trees near, and fields around.. then the coast not too far beyond that, maybe..

But, no. He couldn't let himself wane. It was becoming a daily struggle to keep picking up his feet and going forward, day after day. He knew if this sore ankle got worse, it was only going to take more convincing to keep going.

When he turned from another drink, and began to pivot away from the waters with half a wince, it was then that he noticed a dark figure approaching that effectively had him frozen. She sent a chuff his way first, and by then, some semblance of understanding had started to come over him. While she was darkly-coated, and not all too tall, she was not quite the familiar visage he so dearly craved. After forcing himself to breath again, he chanced a few hesitantly small steps closer to her and therefore, away from the waters. He was careful to hide his hurts in case she came from malicious company.

He chuffed back, and tried to gather up his voice. Ah, hi.. hello, he said, gaining volume with the each syllable he tried to project enough to be heard. Nervousness started to crawl up his throat, so he swallowed thickly and tried to understand her scents on the wind. So many, of others.. Are you from near here? he asked, ready to be on his way if he was overstepping neutral boundaries, and he always worried he was.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Shy, she supposed. Though he gained confidence as he spoke, and she gave him an encouraging smile. I am, yeah, she responded amiably, tail wagging slightly. Are you new here? Lost? She didn't want to presume, but he did sort of have this air about him of. . .odyssey. Like he'd traveled for a while now, without any real clue as to where he was going.

I'm Lily, by the way, she added. I'm from Elysium, the sanctuary in the willows near the mountains. If you need a place to stay, we can offer you shelter.
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
She was from here, she said.. and no, he was not lost, and nor did the old familiarity of the region dawn on him yet. He was seeing it in a different light from a different direction entirely, so, the dots had not yet aligned. Not that he had tried to. New enough.. Traveling, he said, gently shaking his head, though he kept his entire posture relatively low still. He was too tired to fake outright confidence of any measure. I was looking for someone, he said with a faraway look backing the gold to his stare. But he had lost those trails, and long since had any directive. That made him feel lost..  He had nowhere else to be and winter was difficult, he ached and downright, he was sad. Lonesome, too.

What he guessed was the pack title rang with no recognition to him. What did strike him, though: A sanctuary? his ears perked, admittedly, and shifted his weight around as subtly as he could. She seemed nice enough to him so far. I'm Silas.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Oh, shame. Shame he'd pass through and she'd like never-- Wait, that was interesting. You're looking for someone? she repeated, cocking her head. Can I be of any help? If you give me a name, I can ask around. I'm pretty close with a lot of wolves in the valley.

She nodded at his question, grinning. It's a pleasure, Silas, she chirped. Yes, it's a sanctuary. We take in anyone who needs shelter, whether for a little while or a long time. Obviously, we'd prefer everyone stayed forever, but. . . Alas.

Lily stared at him, blinking slowly and waiting for his response.
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
Her overall warmth maybe caught him a touch off guard. Not that many of his recent interactions had been bad, but they had been few, scattered, and he was prone to awfully bad luck. It all left him expecting the worst, always, even without good reason. She was nice, though, and he was just a sore, heartbroken, nervous wreck behind the exterior he tried to put forward--which still didn't seem to bring her down all that much.

He kept his premature hope from even taking shape.. but he felt it good that she knew many around here, so maybe... Qilaq. Her name is Qilaq, Silas said, quickly, eyes darting then. There was so much else he could say about her and he watched her while holding his tongue, not yet willing to gush so freely, but almost. The worried look he wore really said it best, however: she is dear to me.

But, a sanctuary in a forest by the mountains was worth second thought, and upon hearing more about it, his tired bones practically begged him to rest. If only for a little while, too? He did really need to keep looking for her, but he worried he was going to run himself ragged if winter had its way with him. I... uh. That's so kind of you to do that, he said, ears splaying. To even bring it to his attention despite knowing nothing about him, other than that he was here and on these endless roads to nowhere, was admirable--and who knew how many others they had helped with this before. He was tempted. If only to rest, mend, recover.. for a little while couldn't be bad, yeah?

And, despite all of the abandonment he had weathered while there, he had enjoyed living in a forest of willows once before. Maybe it wouldn't hurt.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
It was like knocking her over, at least mentally. Her mouth dropped open slightly, and she blinked at him once or twice before splitting into an ear to ear smile. Qilaq? Lily repeated. She laughed softly, a gurgling giggle that grew looser and louder as it went on. Oh my god, Silas, Qilaq is here. She lives here, with us, at Elysium.

What a small world! Even the thought of the girl being swept away so soon after they'd met by this man was cast aside in the wake of this flabbergasting joy.

We have to go back, reunite you two! she exclaimed, beginning to head that way in impulse. She forced herself to stop after a moment, knowing that Silas had to be even more overwhelmed by this revelation than she was, and likely needed a moment to compose himself. Whenever you're ready, of course, she said as she turned around, her face growing soft.

That is, if it was even the same Qilaq. Stupid. Lily hadn't even thought of that. Qilaq, she continued, gentler this time. Black fur, pale eyes?
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
He started to nod, as if to say yes, Qilaq.. but just the way she had said it after her jaw literally dropped at him, and the realization that came seconds after when he put the pieces together froze him stock-still. It hit him heavy, and he didn't exactly rein in the wide-eyed gape of his that followed. Lily knew her. Lily..

I... really? He could burst, then, so tired but so overcome, and standing taller on legs that threatened to give and grasping for anything more, just to be sure that the relief was true. His expression wandered, desperate, relieved, overwhelmed, and across a spectrum of much more. All still wound tight in his anxiousness, but.. stars and heavens above, he could finally see some light in this.

Qilaq is here. Qilaq is here. Qilaq is here.

It was all that he had hoped to hear for weeks on end now, and maybe it's for real; she's here, she's safe--at a sanctuary, no less, the one he had just begun to try to convince himself of needing for himself. Suddenly, more starkly than ever before, his aimless days just might have an end in sight. Although her description was brief, it fit well enough for him.. and never would he expect to find a wolf of the same name, hue and all. Yes.. yes, I.. that must be her, he choked, golden eyes welling and voice quivering. I hope it is. I can hardly believe it.. I've had no trails for so long. Is she well? Safe? he sputtered, worry starting to rear up again and him forgetting all about himself he missed her so badly.

Then, trying to scrape together some semblance of composure: Please.. lead the way, I can hunt.. I can.. I don't know, when my ankle's a bit better, anything. He didn't mean to sound so pleading, not when she offered literal sanctuary, but finding her had been the axis on which his days spun and she had finally, hopefully, granted him the way.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Upon seeing his emotion, tears sprang to her own eyes; she was choked as she responded. She's fine. A bit shaken up, but fine. I don't know what happened to her before. . . She trailed off, not knowing how much to share with Silas just yet. Qilaq would have to do the sharing herself. But she's safe. She's with us.

She shook her head emphatically at his offer to help, finally noticing the way he seemed to balance on three legs when he mentioned the ankle. No, no, God, you don't have to do anything for a while, Lily insisted. What's most important is that you rest, and see Qilaq. Everything else can wait.

Now aware of his injury, Lily took off again but slower this time, waiting for him to follow. She would make sure he stayed close behind so that he did not lose her along the way, though the blackbird thought that he'd find his way to Elysium with or without her. He had come this far. . .he surely wasn't going to let Qilaq slip away by getting lost now.

fade here and start new thread in Hushed Willows?
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
Although relieved to hear she was safe, his expression knitted together and his ears slicked back; the worry went manifesting across his brow as she shared with him some details of his mate's status, down to the unknowns of what had come before her arrival at their sanctuary. Did he want to know? He had feared that terrible fates had fallen on her many times, some worse than others, but none ever adding up when he had never been able to track her down in earnest. Silas had suspected the worst, and to imagine her living, subjected to some horrors, sent cold pinpricks across his skin and sickening anxiety new in his heart.

But he forced it away for now; Lily was overwhelmingly kind, each thing she said more so than the last, and he could barely contain his actual gratitude--so he simply nodded, unable to argue with any of it. See Qilaq, rest.. he'd figure out what came after when he reached it. Thank you, he murmured, dipping his nose down again, and took a deep breath before he stepped after her to follow.
i'll start the next soonish <3