Silver Creek Give us a smile, and go on your way
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
@Lilah

Oryx walked silently alongside Lilah as they left the males behind, her shimmering gaze glancing over at the female's pale, wan features every now and again, not sure if she should say something or simply provide reassurance by being there, and avoiding the topic altogether. She wasn't the best at coming up with the words needed to comfort others- and had spoken only mere fragments since she'd joined the Rosings crew, as she felt it was best to be seen and not heard- unless her opinion was called for. Presently, she simply walked at Lilah's hip protectively, reaching out to touch Lilah's side comfortingly whenever she felt that her pack sister needed reassurance. 

She felt anxious, having been commanded to take care of Lilah and see her all the way back to her den, given that she wasn't allowed to let any other males near her. If she failed Grayson, what next? She couldn't imagine that anyone would invade their claimed territory simply because they smelled Lilah, but then again...It could very well happen. Her fearful gaze swept this way and that, and she kept herself within inches of her packmate whether she liked the proximity or not. Oryx was simply following orders because they'd been given to her, and that was what she had been trained to do. But there came a point when she knew, if someone stronger than her approached, she could possibly fail her leader- and her friend all in one fell swoop. She kept herself on guard, ready to steer Lilah away as fast as she could the moment misfortune presented itself.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah could feel her pack sister's anxiety and quite frankly it set her on edge. She tried shying away a few times and was annoyed when Oryx stuck to her like glue. Luckily it didn't take too long to reach her den and she crawled inside, laying down and resting her chin on her paws. "You needn't be so anxious. Grayson likes to pretend I'm helpless and make everyone else think so. That's how this mess started" she said bitterly. She flattened her ears and sighed softly, wanting to cry but refusing to do so in front of this female. "When his father allowed me to be taken in as a pup back at Golden Ranch the female's immediately made a point of bullying me. The males sneered and tried perverted things saying the only way I would get a man is by... lifting my tail for them. Grayson....well he stopped it. Made it stop, protected me. I never really noticed that he used it as a way to get women to think he's some big strong hero. I fell for him, loved him, idolized him. And he ignored me. He never showed me any mind unless someone else was around and then it was all 'Oh silly Lilah. Come now, I'll protect you. I'll care for you.' a show for others. Then back to me being invisible." she never moved while speaking and stared blankly outside, not even caring if the woman was listening to her vent.

"I brought a woman here recently. Prialux. She's gorgeous, the prettiest female I've ever seen. I brought her to Grayson and he didn't even say a word to me, he just went right into flirting and charming the new woman. He does it to every woman he meets, he flirts and calls them beautiful... everyone except me. With me he's...exasperated and polite at most." her voice shook again and she pawed at the ground of her den. She hurt so badly inside, the crushing pain of being destroyed by a first love. "I confronted him on it. Said i have done nothing but love him and be his little charity case since we were kids but he hasn't the decency to treat me like any other woman. He doesn't care. I said i I was tired of being used and so he went cold and abandoned me outside the borders. Then this happened. Now he wants me hidden for the duration of my heat which means if he officially makes the pack i won't be a part of it and i won't get a husband and a family." she finished and stood up, moving as far back into her den as possible and curling up.
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Once they reached Lilah's den, she felt more comfortable, and thought that maybe she should remain outside as a sentinel, figuring that Grayson would be along at some point to talk to her. She had a feeling that Grayson and Lilah's conflict wasn't over yet and that they would need to sort things out- and while she didn't want to be present for that, she wasn't yet relieved of her duty, she figured she ought to stick around until she was. She poked her head inside Lilah's den tentatively at first when she heard her begin to speak, and when she realized that Lilah actually wanted a conversation, she tip toed inside. 

She was overwhelmed by all the information that Lilah chose to share with her, and wasn't sure if she should be empathizing with her pack sister, as she was saying things which weren't necessarily kind toward their alpha. Her expression was fairly bewildered, though she did occasionally show a glimpse of empathy now and again, whenever Lilah said something she could identify with. She hated to think that Lilah had been taunted as she'd grown up, and that the males back in Grayson's family's pack had been so uncaring as to tease her and take away her self worth. 

She went on to explain about a new member of their little pack, and it sounded to Oryx as though she was jealous. This new female, apparently, had caught Grayson's eye, and apparently Lilah had sought that attention for herself. She might have known better than to bring a stunner to their pack- given the fact that the females were judged on character, but also on their looks- but then again, it was what they were expected to do- take care of each other. She felt sorry for Lilah- until she began to explain that she had stepped up to confront Grayson. 

No wonder he had spoken sharp words to her, if she had done something so bold. Oryx frowned softly, ears turning back. What was she supposed to say now? Grayson had indeed specified that she should more or less stay hidden, and Oryx didn't like that thought...Would he do that to all of them? All she could do was try and defend their alpha, without making it seem like she disagreed with Lilah's hurt feelings. "He wants you safe...He didn't know your friend. He's still protecting you." She said, hoping that she might be reassured by those words. If that failed, then she had one other angle. "Is this...Your first heat?" She asked, her voice a hushed whisper. These topics were safe among women- but she would hate to think a male might overhear her.
κυρία του δάσους
40 Posts
Ooc — belle
hope you don't mind a daivya <3

She had been nearby when muted voices brushed against the fur of her ears, soft wind caressing her spine - the forest sylph had busied herself with organising and collecting any herbs the winter was kind enough to offer, absorbing herself in her duties and idly wondering about the future; primarily, who would be chosen to be her husband, and whether she would be able to bear young this season. It was what she had been raised for, and Daivya was more than eager to fulfill her purpose.

The hushed chatter had broken her thoughts, though, and white paws swiftly crossed the snow toward them - they sounded feminine, and the Meladi had yet to meet any of the rosings women. When she drew close enough, sleepy eyes of violet glazed over the den, before carefully lingering outside, voice a smooth hot chocolate to match her rosy fur. "Γεια? I'm sorry if i'm interrupting something..." In her maw, she carried a tiny cluster of lavender (adequate at soothing nerves), the scent lingering in the breeze and sweetening the frigid air - there'd been some buried under the snow, and she'd managed to warm it enough to thaw. By the sound of the voices, there had been distress (though what they had said, she'd got no clue), and on the wind there'd been the distinct aroma of a woman in heat. As a medic, it was her job to aid both the women and men in any way she was able.
ɖǟɨʋʏǟ ʍɛʟǟɖɨ
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah envied Oryx her naive trust and inability to understand and see the hidden selfishness behind Grayson's actions. Or maybe she pitied it. Perhaps both. She wished she could go back to her silly trust in Grayson, she wished she had never developed the guts to stand up and tell him how she felt. Wishing never made it so though, so she tried to shove those thoughts away. "Protecting me against someone I don't need protecting from....though you are right, he didn't know." she said softly, her eyes closing and remaining shut as she envisioned Grey. She wanted to go to him, to check on him and make sure Grayson hadn't hurt him. She didn't think Grayson would use physical means to enforce the rules when Grey been so submissive toward him but she had also never witnessed Grayson when breeding season was upon them.

"Yes it's my first. I wish it hadn't happened yet, not when things are so tense. Now...Now I won't get to breed. Or maybe I will. I don't know how things work." she admitted and then fell silent, opening her eyes when the scent of lavender drifted into the den accompanied by a smooth, feminine voice. She peered out at the stranger, her violet eyes and soft looking brown fur a pretty sight to behold. While I wasn't the most pleasant time to meet a new face, she wasn't one to turn her away. "No..no . it's alright. Just venting is all. Come in and get warm if you want, I'm Lilah" she said softly. She turned back to Oryx and her gaze softened as she gave a soft sigh "I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I...always seem to mess things up one way or another"
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Oryx felt sorry for Lilah, who seemed to believe quite firmly that she had ruined her chances for the entire year. She was a year younger than Oryx, and admitted that she was going through all this for the first time, which made Oryx soften, and want to reassure her pack sister somehow. "Perhaps he will choose husbands for us soon." She said. After all, she could only assume that Lilah had been denied breeding rights temporarily- until she was married. "He just wants to do things right...It has to happen soon," She said, and trailed off. If he didn't choose husbands for them soon, then none of them would be able to have pups in the spring. She didn't like that thought, but wasn't willing to admit it out loud. 

A sweet and gentle voice came from the den's entrance, though having been told to guard, Oryx's fur still lifted slightly about her hackles and shoulders. A beautiful woman- obviously familiar with Lilah- came into the den, her lilac eyes matching the lavender she carried with her. Oryx wasn't familiar with her, and as per usual, assumed the others were more comfortable with each other and that she might be the odd one out. She bowed her head to Daivya, her ice-blue eyes glimmering with warmth as she regarded the newest amongst their company. "I can let you two be, if you'd like," She said. After all, groups of wolves often made Oryx nervous- and she almost always spoke less whenever in the company of more than one wolf, and seemed to fade into the background- so often she opted to do so before the conversation even started.
κυρία του δάσους
40 Posts
Ooc — belle
Slowly she crept inside at the greeting, eyes adjusting to the dark and plush tail swaying slowly behind her. The warmth was greatly welcome against the frigid wind outside. "...If you'd like me to leave - either of you, just let me know." She uttered, though the shadowed female offered to take her own leave; that just wouldn't do, no no. "Oh, you're okay!" Besides, Daivya wasn't actually familiar with either of the women, exactly another reason why she'd chosen to approach and request entrance. 

After a moment's silence, the forest sylph released the sweet herbs from her muzzle and nudged them gently toward the other two. "I brought lavender - the smell is supposed to be good for relaxation," she smiled warmly, sleepy gaze of violet flittering between the two.
ɖǟɨʋʏǟ ʍɛʟǟɖɨ
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Whether due to the lavender or to the presence of two other women, she slowly calmed down and uncurled herself so she was laying properly. She nodded slowly to Oryx's words, thinking about it. "He has to...but he may just choose one for himself and produce pups from his own lineage this year." she said and realised it may be taken as her complaining and quickly added "Which is his right! He is our leader after all. I may not like him right now but....but he has always looked out for all the women." that was the most she was willing to confess right at that moment. She still didn't like the way Grayson went from being nice (even though it was fake) to being extremely nasty to her. She'd have to learn to never, ever speak out again. When Oryx said she could leave her and the unknown woman be, she panicked. She liked the quiet, dark furred woman who had been assigned to be her guide and she had no idea what the brown furred woman was like at all. In fact....she didn't even know her name. "please stay....both of you. The company is soothing. Or maybe it's the Lavender, I am getting a bit sleepy" she said blinking slowly. The stress of all these powerful emotions and the hormones tormenting her body was really exhausting. She yawned softly "oh! Excuse me. Maybe I should take a nap. Thank you both...I really appreciate it" she said warmly, giving them each their own warm smile.
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Oryx was shy of other wolves she did not know- but it seemed that Daivya was a kind soul, and simply wanted to be considerate. She too offered to leave which relaxed Oryx slightly, knowing that she wasn't the only one who was sensitive to the amount of wolves crammed into one small space. She smiled softly, telling herself she would have to seek her out to get to know her better; they were possibly quite similar, as Daivya seemed conscientious and meek. 

Lilah seemed to have calmed down, and yet again Oryx found herself grateful that Daivya had come along. They were both invited to stay, so Oryx made herself comfortable- ambling aside so that Daivya could join them and feel more comfortable, and she curled up near Lilah to offer her a bit of warmth and reassurance as she napped. Content to do the same herself, now that all three women were snuggled in and Lilah's torment seemed to have passed a bit, she put her head down on her paws, and relaxed.
κυρία του δάσους
40 Posts
Ooc — belle
She gave a tender smile to both women, quietly slipping into place besides them, feeling the warmth against the bitter chill of the outside - yes, this was what she had missed. Despite not sharing deep bonds with these wolves as of this moment, those the sylph had built her past with had always relied on each other, given each other strength when they felt as though they had none left to use. Even now, settling in the cosy den and keeping one another soothing company, she was reminded of home. Of the importance of simply sticking together; it was why she had brought the lavender originally, and why, now, she was so very glad she'd done so. Even if it hadn't actually been the cause of the relaxation in the den.

Hopefully, with time, she'd grow closer to Lilah and Oryx. "No worries..." She hummed softly, "I'm...I'm always here if either of you need a friend." With that, she allowed her cheek to lie softly on her paws, tail tucking to wrap around her hind legs and embracing the quietude of the shelter.

She supposed a nap wouldn't do her any harm, either.
ɖǟɨʋʏǟ ʍɛʟǟɖɨ