Verdant Basin Making my way back to old habbits... what a shock.
142 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Grayson, I'm looking for him to join Rosings.

Steele entered Teekon again. The brute breathed in the crisp air of the winter heavily as he looked over a hill to see more rolling hills covered in a soft white blanket. It didn't bother him though as he moved forward feet crushing the delicate flakes that lied beneath them. Though he didn't know where he was or even what way he was headed, he was sure that in any direction he would find shelter for the night. Clouds filled the night sky leaving the flashlight that lied above him nonexistant. With every sound heard the man flicked his ears, stopped dead in his tracks and made sure he wasn't in harms way.

Hill after hill there wasn't any sign of much else besides.. another hill. It mentally made him tired of seeing another hill. After he swore the next hill he would take a break and regroup with himself he seen it. The beautiful shining of a pond or lake? He wasn't awfully sure about how big it was but he was sure that it was just what he needed. Steele took off toward it, muscles rippled throughout his body as he extended his legs back and forth. As he got to the shore he slowed to a trot.

It was beautiful. He looked into the water, some of which was frozen, to see all the way to the bottom. Slobber had dropped from the sides of his muzzle as he thought about how good it tasted. His tongue lolled out of his mouth and into the freezing water. It hit his mouth and flowed down his throat and he couldn't help but close his eyes and let out a relieved sigh. That was the best drink of water he'd ever had or at least at the time it's what came to his mind.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

66 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Addison relates quite strongly to the way the man gulps down the water, as if he's never tasted anything like it before. There is nothing quite like the feeling of slaking one's thirst, especially from a lake so clear and crisp as this. She is standing somewhat off to the side, having watched his approach. She lowers her own muzzle, taking a long draw from the surface.

Oh. Oh. It is good, even better than she expected. The coolness sliding down her throat sends something primal and yet comforting through her body. She drinks like a woman possessed, only lifting her head a minute later to take a gasp for air, water dripping haphazardly from her muzzle.

The noise must draw his attention; the jig is up. She attempts to meet his gaze, blinking slowly, drawing her tongue along her lips. Hello, she greets, voice carrying the short distance from where she stood to his location. She stands straight again and begins to pad toward him, hips swinging, chin lifted higher than she is accustomed to carrying it, addressing a man.

The witches had shown her that men, while meant to be worshipped, were not meant to be feared. And she would fear them no longer.

I have not seen your face here before, Addison continues, coming to a halt a few paces away. Who are you?
142 Posts
Ooc —
The water was bringing the brute such joy. It had been a while since he had actually had a drink of fresh water like the pool he had found in these rolling hills. As he savoured another gulp of the coldness his ears twitched as they heard another approaching. Eh.. he was too caught up in what he was doing anyway. For a moment he didn't even look in their direction.

When the last drop had got lost in his body thats when he decided to pay whoever it was any of his own attention besides it was much too precious at this point to waste it. The man's fiery amber eyes set sight on a woman who was enjoying the water almost as much as he did. His lips began to curl and then he let out a chuckle, just loud enough for her to hear. If that's what he looked like enjoying it then it must be good he was sure of it.

When the woman noticed him finally, he nodded to her like in mutual understanding that the water was so good. The hello was welcomed with another smile to her. When she came forward to place herself near him, he wasn't sure how to go about it. He thought they were a good distance away but as much as he liked his space he welcomed it anyway.

Hello. I have been travelling. I'm Steele and don't know much about these parts, if anything. Who are you? he asked brow curving up. Whatever answer she gave he was sure it would be interesting.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

66 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Her face draws tight as he chuckles; she does not enjoy being laughed at, even if the intention is to laugh with him. It relaxes, though, as he offers an introduction. He is a man, another hunter, and they are short on those back at the creek. Perhaps he can be convinced to follow her home. Grayson and Harrison will lay into her for recruiting, but what can she do? If he is willing. . .

I found him while gathering herbs. He needs a pack. Easy enough. And her favor with Grayson, at least, will count for something.

I am Addison, she responds, her voice low and smooth. I live nearby with my family. We are trying to make a home there. I do not know much about the land, but some. . . What is it that you want to know? she inquires, tilting her head gently.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele listened for a moment as she talked about herself and a potential home for him. He didn't get his hopes up too much as he still wasn't sure how it was going to go with this woman yet. He did think it was nice she referred to them as family (because he didn't know they were actually family).

Addison, it's a pleasure to run into you here, enjoying water much like myself. he said already probably blowing it. Well if you're going to settle here you should know more than me.. he smiled a bit and then shrugged his shoulders. I'm not entirely sure what I want to know. I'm just roaming, trying to find a home myself I guess. a home would be nice but he wasn't banking on finding one before winter ended. Besides he didn't even know where he was so the chances of roaming into one was slim to none.

66 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Another joke. Harrison would have taken this attitude better, she thinks. For her part, she stands and listens, her gaze frosty. I don't often make trips outside our territory, Addison replies. It is not my place. But he is looking for a home, and she would be remiss not to bring a strong male specimen back to the creek. Perhaps for Effie, or. . .Emerson, if she returns soon.

Would you like to meet my brothers? the girl asks, ears swiveling idly atop her head. Perhaps they will allow you to stay with us. We could give you a home, and you could help us with the hunting. Her eyes hold the question as she falls silent, waiting for his response. Now, this really isn't her place, to be making such offers to strange men.

At the same time, a part of her finds it patently ludicrous that she is meant to be incapable of such work.

The facade of her existence is beginning to crumble.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele wasn't so sure that she was telling the truth about leaving the territory very often, she seemed to know this place more than he did but that wasn't saying much. The offer was kind and he pondered it for a while, a new home well it sounded to good to be true. On the other hand it wouldn't hurt him to go and check it out at least. A small hmmm came from his features as he looked at Addison blankly. 

I'll follow you back and meet your brothers, perhaps they'll like me and if not I haven't lost anything because I don't have a home now. he said and came up beside her. He motioned with his head for her to lead the way. Even if he wasn't accepted at least it would be giving something a shot.

66 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Addison dips her head, satisfied with the response. Businesslike; not getting his hopes too high but not throwing them completely out the window, just yet. Very well. It's not too far from here; we are relatively easy to find.

She begins to pad off, then stops and waits for him, unaccustomed to taking the lead. She knows she will have to at least this once, though, even if her brothers will have her hide for it. Swallowing, she gives a jerky nod once he's moving, and then takes off again at a steady, deliberate pace.

This is for the best, she thinks. This is for Rosings.
142 Posts
Ooc —
He nods at her response and then waited for her to go ahead just a bit before catching up. The whole thing seemed a bit spur of the moment but it seemed like a good chance for him to find a home. A small smile was flashed at her when she gave her nod. He was a bit nervous to be meeting her brothers, especially because she said brotherS with an s, like many. Steele hadn't had many interactions with other males before so he would have to see how they reacted and choose his words wisely. 

For now though he focused on where they were and made notes of landmarks in his head.