Swiftcurrent Creek Gnaar Mok
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
There'd been more than a few ruckuses recently that Akatosh had only heard at a distance or whispers of later.  Somehow his introduction to the adult ranks had not included front row seats to the drama that had unfolded.  Wrong place, wrong time to have that included in his education.  So, from what he could tell, basically everyone must just be acting as ridiculous as his sister.  That was about all he could think of.  She was kind of a bit of a drama queen, after all, and this particular quiet boy was only mildly interested -- mostly just so he knew what fuss to stay out of.  There was a good deal of it he didn't understand -- like why his his parents didn't just go back to acting the way they did before -- but he still had a pretty simplistic (if not outright naive) outlook on things.  Maybe he just didn't want to understand.  Life was better in black and white.

Today he wandered around towards the borders as the sun started its trek downward, not really knowing what to do.  He'd spent a good bit of time on solo adventures, practicing his tracking and hunting without people pestering him.  Honestly, he was probably doing pretty good in the grand scheme of things.  And since the youth had done a good job avoiding nonsense so far, he expected it to continue.  The real question was whether it would or not.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His patrol had been fairly uneventful and had done little to help clear his mind. He was beginning to think nothing could really distract him from the aftermath of the mess he had made, but he supposed he deserved it. He stopped to rub against a tree, face twisted with concern as his troubled thoughts continued to weigh heavy on the alpha. The scent of another pulled his attention from the tree and his problems, and he turned to see the male of varying shades of brown a short distance from where he stood. It was a packmate he had not formally met, so he wasted no time heading that way, intent on introducing himself. 

As he neared, Kavik released a low chuff, stopping a few feet from the creek wolf and greeting him with a polite dip of his head. Hello, he offered, taking a seat. I'm Kavik. He thought maybe the other wolf might already know who he was, but he gave him his name anyway just in case.
I'm no good without you
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
For a brief moment he assumed the dark wolf that appeared was going to be his father, but it quickly became clear it was not.  He knew who Kavik was, but his own nature had pretty much kept him away from everyone.  So, he wasn't sure what to think of him besides that he was supposedly another leader.  And so, Akatosh deferred to him, dipped head, ears flicking back slightly.  Hi.  Pause.  Um. I'm Akatosh.

But since Kavik sat down, obviously he expected... Something?  It wasn't continuing on the patrol, it wasn't tracking, mostly because those were obviously things where you kept walking. Sitting was the opposite of walking.  Normally his conversations weren't really kept in one place -- he was more often tasked with learning things.  Probably because it was easier for him to talk about knowledge than it was to be social.  He stood awkwardly a moment longer before flopping down to sit as well.  Ever-graceful.  What's up?  Which maybe wasn't the most exact question to ask, but it was something he could ask rather than just be all awkward.  Conversations were supposed to flow or whatever, so he just threw a dart and tried.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The young man introduced himself as Akatosh, and Kavik gave a dip of his head in response. It is nice to meet you, Akatosh, he said as the other wolf awkwardly took a seat. Kavik wasn't sure what the reason for his discomfort was, but he pretended not to notice. I'm just trying to get to know everyone, he responded next to the juvenile's question. He had been a little preoccupied lately--something the alpha was completely at fault for, but he was was trying to make up for that now. Myrren and the children were his number one concern, but the pack he now co-lead was right up there as well, and he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was here for whatever they needed, even if what they needed was to tell him how much they hate him and his being here. What were you doing before I interrupted? he asked curiously, hoping he hadn't messed up anything important.
I'm no good without you
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It was kind of weird to have that sudden influx of the Plateau wolves into the pack.  He was used to smelling one or two new wolves around, but with the whole lot arriving at once, he wasn't sure what to think.  To call Akatosh somewhat shy would be a bit of an understatement.  He kind of expected them all to run off, like the new wolves sometimes did, but it seemed like they were at least sticking around a little while -- for good or for bad.  He wasn't sure which yet.  Maybe in time it would be obvious.  Either way, at Kavik's words, he nodded slightly acknowledging and pondering it.

Just wandering around.  Looking at the borders and stuff.  I didn't get very far.  Which was kind of obvious.  But it was something for him to do.  It wasn't like Akatosh had much in the way of actual hobbies -- he just did things that were useful.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He listened quietly while the other wolf answered his question, making it apparent that Kavik hadn't really interrupted anything. Well, I was Patrolling, he said once his packmate had finished speaking. He stood back up then, bushy tail lifting to wag once, his emerald gaze amiable as he looked at the other wolf. Would you like to join me? the alpha asked then. He needed to finish anyway, and he knew no better way to get to know his new packmates than to patrol together. He often did the same thing with the plateau wolves. Sometimes it was just getting to know each other and sometimes it was a lot heavier than that, but he found that having something to do usually helped the words flow better, at least for him. He could really use the distraction anyway. He looked expectantly at Akatosh as he waited for his answer, hoping to have some company today.
I'm no good without you
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
That sounded like a reasonable suggestion.  Patrols were easy enough.  At least then part of it was something he didn't need to think too hard to navigate -- conversations could be more difficult, but maybe if he got the whole awkward situation out of the way he'd have a chance to sort out the rest.

The youth nodded.  [q]Yeah.  Okay.[q]  He got back to his feet and shook out his fur.  Akatosh didn't seem to be amazingly unfriendly or anything -- just not a social butterfly.  Then again, had Kavik met Talos?  Akatosh probably looked incredibly well-adjusted in comparison to her, but maybe he was just biased because sisters were totally crazy in general.  He just needed a little more practice actually talking to people, and he wasn't really the type to go out of his way to do so.  The expectant glance was then turned to Kavik, because the youth was an obedient creature used to following in his father's footsteps, assuming Kavik would be much the same.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded, glad the youth had accepted his offer. Turning, he began to walk, making his way towards the creek's borders once more. He didn't say anything for a few minutes, never one to be very bothered by quiet. But he had asked for this so that he could learn more about his packmate, so he should probably start asking questions. What was it like here before we came? he asked, stopping momentarily to inspect the scent on a tree before starting to walk again. He was curious to know what the environment was like before his sudden presence as a leader caused unintentional and unavoidable tension. Not to mention his completely alienating everyone in his life by stupidly getting his subordinate pregnant in a moment of grief-driven weakness. He pushed the guilt and shame from his mind; his goal here was to try and distract himself from the negative thoughts that constantly plagued him, and he wouldn't be able to do that of he continued to dwell. He briefly glanced to Akatosh before resting his gaze on the path in front of them as he waited for his answer.
I'm no good without you
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He, too, sniffed around.  Akatosh didn't seem to be finding anything particularly alarming on this bit of wandering about but it was entirely possible he missed something.  Hopefully not.  He didn't want to be bad at stuff, after all.  Kavik then asked a question, so he looked up again then.

Akatosh blinked, then frowned thoughtfully.  He wasn't entirely sure of the answer, and because of that he was probably the wrong one to ask.  He was young, and didn't really have anything to compare it to.  The pack was the pack and that was about it.  Uh.  I dunno.  Quiet?  Seemed like it was just my family for a while kinda. Or at least that was just who stuck around.  It wasn't like he met many people -- Akatosh just wasn't that kind of kid.  He ran into a few other people but in the end, did they even matter if they were just gonna leave?  Even Mahler left, and he'd actually taken the time to try to teach him stuff.  He didn't think Kavik meant that he should totally go into how his sister was totally bonkers and he didn't understand the other drama.  It was just... Not his thing.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded thoughtfully at his answer. Quiet is good, he answered. He'd like it if things could continue to be quiet, but he had a feeling that wouldn't be the case for a while, at least not for him. I hope our sudden presence here hasn't disturbed that too much, he added after a few moments. He considered his next words for a few minutes, unsure at first how exactly to say what he wanted to say. So as usual when he was in his head too much about something, he just decided to get straight to the point. I know it's odd to have a stranger helping to lead the pack, but I am here if you ever need anything, he offered, emerald gaze settling on the youth's face for a few seconds before drifting back to the trees in front of them. He knew Akatosh had his father to go to for advice or when he had problems, but he felt he needed to extend the offer anyway. He hoped the words wouldn't come across as platitudes or insincere; he genuinely cared for the well-being of everyone in the pack, even if he didn't know them very well yet. In his opinion, that kind of went with the position of alpha.
I'm no good without you
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He shrugged, I dunno. People are weird. I'm sure my sister would cause trouble without everyone's help if nobody else did.  He hadn't really seen her around much, but the pair weren't exactly the best of friends -- they clashed pretty hardcore if put in a small area.  So maybe it was a good thing, otherwise the two siblings would probably have caused more drama than all the hormonal crud Akatosh was too young to participate in.

Assuming you stick around, he said.  It was pretty matter-of-fact, without venom.  Those not related to him by blood had pretty much either kept to themselves or left -- or both.  He had thought that Mahler was going to stick around, but Akatosh wasn't really sure of the reason for his departure either.  Again, Akatosh just missed out on the more subtle reasons.  It wasn't like any of these new folks had been around long enough for him to feel comfortable believing they'd stay.  Maybe in another month or something there'd be a vague hope.  So we'll see.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He hadn't officially met this sister yet, but he hoped for everyone's sake that she didn't cause too much trouble. He had already caused enough on his own. To the boy's next words, Kavik gave a nod, neither disagreeing nor completely agreeing with the statement. He didn't blame his packmate for withholding his trust, and it was not the first time he had needed to prove his loyalty to new packmates. And that's what the were after all--new packmates; it had just happened in a somewhat non-conventional way. I guess we will see, he offered genuinely, his tone neither angry nor indignant. He had no problem proving that he had no intention of leaving any time soon. He continued his patrol in silence for a while, waiting for the other wolf to say something if he wished, but otherwise content walk along side him in comfortable silence.
I'm no good without you
53 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
To a certain point, could you blame him?  His parents and siblings were the ones that stuck around... To a point.  Talos' loyalty was a little questionable at times (she was weird) and one of his brothers had gone off to who knew where.  Honestly, Akatosh himself had probably drifted a little too, but he was at least still present, and here sticking his nose where it probably didn't belong at times.  Gotta keep everyone in line, after all.

The youth nodded in response.  He didn't really have too much to say without repeating what he'd said moments before.  Patrols didn't need too much talking unless something happened, and he couldn't recall anything really happening.  So they'd continue on and have a pretty uneventful day.  Changes were ahead, but as of now, they were unaware.