Dragoncrest Cliffs genuine’s “pony” is the best song about horseback riding i’ve ever heard
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Private 
Backdated to February 1. @Artaax

The last few days haven’t been the easiest on her. She struggles to sleep, she’s hungry, and she feels she has a restless sort of energy that no amount of border patrol or sparring or anything is really helping. The cold of winter is met with the turning of the seasons and she knows there’s been something different in the air that’s made everything else a flame billowing in the pit of her stomach.

By the end of the day, Mallaidh has meandered through the northern border of their claim. Something tells her she knows what’s going on but she’d rather pretend it wasn’t happening. Things were just now starting to even themselves out. Things were starting to make sense but now she can’t ease the new anxieties grappling her mind and giving herself some time alone is the only thing she knows how to do.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Artaax had been doing his usual - wandering the borders, peeing on things, and keeping his senses on the alert for either enemies or prey. He was still aggitated - due either to this cursed season or because he hadn't killed anything in a couple of days. Or maybe this was just his new constant state of being. He didn't know. It didn't matter. He would go on doing just what he always did - wandering the borders, peeing on things, and looking for enemies and prey.

What he found along the borders was neither of those things, though. It was just Furi. Or Mallaidh. Whatever she wanted to be called today. Knowing he was not likely to be good company, he considered moving on away from her. But then he drew a little closer, and he took in a breath, and suddenly, she was looking a little like prey to him.

The feisripa stalked forward, peering at her with a look that might've suggested he suspected she was about to burst into flames. The scent was triggering a memory, but Artaax hadn't dug it up from the depths of his cold mind yet though when he asked, "You sick?"
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
You sick?

Mallaidh makes the what the fuck?? face first as she recoils from the question. She’s been all over the place but in the moment it doesn’t seem any more overdramatic than she usually is. Still.

“No.”

She turns away from him, shaking her head. It is not that long ago that she gave herself over to Blixen and whatever was between her and Artaax was long in the past. It’s easy to do when she is not around him. She is done. But every time he comes around, she can’t help the stupid flutter of her heart and now, determined to keep him away, she wants nothing more than for him to come closer.
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Mallaidh denied the allegation almost immediately, in a tone that Artaax couldn't decipher except to consider it weird. But she was always a little weird, so when she turned away, he persisted in following her. He stepped around to her shoulder to peer sidelong at her face, his head tilted. The memory of this scent still nagged at him, but it was something more instinctual that drove him to not want to leave her alone.

"What's wrong with you then?" he asked, turning to peer along her frame as though there might be a sign hanging off the side of her that explained. He paused thoughtfully, his own feelings stirring up something in him that I can neither name nor describe. "You seem different," he added after a moment, shifting his gaze towards her face again as he drew a tiny bit nearer.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
What’s wrong with you then?

Her ears fall back against her head and she turns to look at him, baring her teeth when he gets closer. She’s always enjoyed Artaax’s company, perhaps a little more than she should, but she’s tired and frustrated and a whole lot of other things she doesn’t understand and his pissy attitude and delicate psyche isn’t something she cares about right now.

“Why do you always ask me that?” she growls, turning away from him again. If he gets closer, she snaps her teeth. “There’s nothing wrong with me.”
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
She was annoyed with him. Artaax's eyes softened in that way they always did when he was amused, but his expression didn't otherwise shift. "It's called concern," he informed her, hopeful that it might flip some switch in her and shut off the cold attitude she was giving him for some unknown reason. He wanted to get nearer to her, but was wise enough to notice he wasn't welcome to do so just yet.

all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh rolls her eyes. Concern. He’s never been good at anything person, about real feelings, and sometimes he may surprise her but she knows better. And now that fire lines her insides, she doesn’t have the patience to deal with it.

"You should work on that," is all she manages but otherwise doesn’t leave, holding his gaze for a moment.
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
She seemed more annoyed with him than usual, but Artaax was pleased to note that she hadn't left. He took a tentative step nearer to her, not entirely sure that she wouldn't throttle him for it. Something instinctive told him it was worth the risk.

"Alright," he said softly, "Then I will." He kept his eyes on her, curious to see what her next move would be. She eyed him suspiciously, but eventually softened to his company. He never did figure out what was so weird about her, and any advances he made to try and "inspect her" were quickly stamped back out. But in the end, he wasn't so irritating that they didn't part as friends, so that's something!