Silvertip Mountain But lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
He had followed the river north into the forest, stopping there for a day to hunt and rest before making his way up the mountain to scout the area on the other side, leaving @Branwen in the forest below; he wasn't sure she was up for the climb or the temperatures in the higher elevation, so he had left her in the safety of the trees while he checked things out. It had been a long time since he wasn't shouldering the weight of a soldier's responsibility, and he couldn't decide how he felt about it. It was honestly a little freeing to be rid of that part of him, like he could finally breathe; his life as soldier had only brought conflict and death--something he used to think he needed to feel productive and useful, but now he wasn't so sure. Over the last few months, he kept thinking there had to be more to life than following orders and killing in the name of a commander; he had to be worth more than that. 

East padded through the snow, finally reaching the top of the mountain. He took a seat, his gaze searching the white grasslands below before raising to take in the peaks of the mountain range in the distance. The sun had started to set behind him, casting his shadow on the ground in front of him and painting the sky in pinks and oranges where it kissed the points of the mountains to the east. This--watching the sky as the sun set--had been a luxury before, his brain usually too preoccupied with the endless duties and anxieties that filled his waking hours to stop and enjoy such things. So now, he would do just that. Who knew what tomorrow would bring.
Common · Trigedasleng
as they thank the lord the blind can't see
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; i've wanted to write with you forever so hope you don't mind meee

it was time to explore this particular part of the Teekons.

Heloise's steady pace was not interrupted as she trudged through the mountain region. she had no destination in mind. whatever happened below this area had already happened. the faces met burned into her mind, the names accosting her memory. the experiences she had taken so far were with a small grain of salt. as is everything, truly. one had to be cautious. especially climbing a mountain region.

carefully plucking her way up the area, she would come across the fresh scent of another. a man. keeping in mind the others she had met that had been assaulted by them randomly and without warning, she would be cautious. she stubbornly saw no reason to change her direction; if something were to happen she would be at the mercy of fate itself. t'was not long before she did see the other. his back was to her as she passed by. her gaze turned to the man as the shadows enveloped him. though she was quiet at first, then released a chuff to allow him to know she was here.

Heloise was not particularly looking for company; she just assumed it was rude to pass by without giving the other a chance to speak.

4/10 2/5
major focus on fighting and traveling
JOIN T H E  W A Y F A R E R S
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Of course not! Thanks for joining! <3

If her scent and the sound of her approach hadn't alerted him to her presence, her shadow passing in front of him definitely would have. It seemed her intentions weren't to sneak up on him, and so he remained where he was, ear flicking at the sound of her chuff. He was perfectly content to spend the evening alone, but now that she was here, his curiosity urged him to seek more information on the stranger. He turned his head slightly, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. You're free to sit here if you'd like, he offered indifferently. Maybe he would learn something interesting or useful from the other wolf; he was always intrigued by the possibility of a story or piece of wisdom from someone who lived a life different from his own. He supposed he was always attracted to the possibility of seeing the world through another wolf's eyes. And if she chose to keep walking, then he would happily continue with his previous introspection, just as drawn to his own mind's inner-workings as he was with everyone else.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
how interesting. he did not seem phased by her unwanted presence. if one could even call her presence unwanted. she was not so vain to assume he wanted anything from her. the man invited her to sit, though his tone was a bit void of warmth. the ivory woman did not care. her own tune was as such in the best of times. silently, she would move to recline next to him. not close enough to touch but a respectful distance between strangers.

"I thank you" she would say after she got into a comfortable position. the trek up the mountain was a burden upon a new resident. she knew not where to step nor knew any short cuts. it had been a long way. she may claim to be in excellent shape yet even she was at the mercy of a fatal trail. the man was more at ease here than she seemed to be. noted that it was a new landscape for her. she allowed the silence to stretch; her own gaze fixed on the skies. "are you a resident of the Teekons?"

she had not met many natives aside from Liri. it was always fascinating to see the lives the people here had created for themselves.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He watched silently as she accepted his offer, taking a seat next to him as her striking, violet-blue eyes took in the darkening sky. Neither of them said anything for a few moments, both seemingly content with their own thoughts. Her question was easy enough to answer, and he turned, bronze gaze briefly studying her scarred face before answering. I've been here for a few months, but I was not born here, he answered, turning back to scan the mountain peaks in the distance. My home is far from here, he added next without looking at her. He really didn't consider it his home anymore, and even if was allowed to return, he didn't think he ever would; it would just be filled with the ghosts of his past, and he had no need for those things in his life anymore. He was trying to ease the lost feeling that had slowly grown into something he could no longer ignore, and he was pretty sure returning to Trigeda would only serve to feed the feeling and aid it in its mission to consume him. 

And what about you? East inquired. Are you a resident of the Teekons? He returned the same question, interested to know where she was from and what drove her to be here on this mountain this evening.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"I see" she was content to allow him to keep his reservations. there was no need for the man to impart everything upon a stranger. she was not the type either. whether he had been to other places or not, she was always curious about learning more of others. even if she failed to be an ace with socializing. Heloise was a quiet being, speaking only when she deemed necessary. adding to a conversation was a skill lacking. she only cared about the essentials.

he seemed to be borne of northern delight, however. her own frame was a testament to the similarity. her gaze would follow his gaze as he stared past the mountain peaks. a slight nod was given to the man. she would remark it was a bit sad to leave one's home if she even believed such a thing. wanderlust had taken her long before meeting the man. "no" she replied simply enough, her eyes returning to his face "I have just arrived here."

it seemed to be a common enough situation. foreigners residing in a new place, making it their own and therefore turning it into home. a residence was always a struggle. people fought over right and substance. "I am called Heloise cel Mare" the woman would add, feeling it prudent to get the introductions out of the way. though if he chose to keep his dubbing to himself, she would not pester him for it.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She didn't probe him for more information, for which he was grateful; as interested he was in the lives of others, he was never very willing to share his own past, at least not with strangers. He supposed his stoic nature was derived from years of being a soldier; he could never quite separate his innate personality from the militant principles instilled in him from a young age, which, now that he thought about it, was probably why he felt so out of touch with himself lately, like he didn't know who he was anymore. He often found himself wondering where the soldier ended and Eastwood began, but the line was hazy and difficult to find, leading him to search even harder for the distinction as he grew older and more dissatisfied with his life. So in a way, his training had eventually turned him away from the pack he swore to serve and protect instead of cementing the bonds as he grew older. 

It seemed she had just arrived here, and he wondered if she was spurred by a need to explore of if something else forced her here--maybe the same thing that had given her the scars he was growing increasingly more curious about. Aside from the marks on his shoulder that would forever be a reminder of the lives he took, his battle scars were hidden beneath his thick coat, and those weren't all his scars; he had plenty on the inside, as well, but only those he allowed close ever caught a glimpse of those poorly-healed wounds. Before he could dwell too much on her own marks or let his curiosity force him to impolitely ask about them, she spoke again, introducing herself as Heloise. East turned to her again, first offering a brief dip of his head in response. Eastwood, he supplied, gaze lingering on her face just a second longer than was acceptable before resuming its place surveying the vast lands in front of them. The first twinkles of stars were starting to appear in the sky, pulling his gaze upwards to study them. The stars will be fully visible soon, he pointed out. He had grown interested in them recently. Sleep was something that usually evaded him, and so in the absence of responsibility, he had taken to studying the peculiar dots of light in the sky. Here would be a nice place to do that tonight.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Eastwood was the title given to her. an old name with a simple meaning. it meant what it was spoken as. east of wood. or perhaps even woods of the east. a strong name, given that tree-like names symbolized sturdiness. her own name suggested a variation of the name Eloise - meaning healthy. cel Mare was her surname, yes, and it had various meanings depending on where one hailed from. most notably it meant famous. the woman did enjoy numerology and namesake origins. it was a passing thing on the road. more keenly used with interactions.

"a pleasure, sir Eastwood" though she was not prodding at his age when she added the honorific. Heloise had no idea how old he was; her politeness was merely gracing the interaction. she also had no way of knowing how interested he was in her scarring. to be truthful, it was always an interesting thing to speak of. their origins were many; she did not care if one had a curiosity. yet he said nothing to her regarding it, leaving the idea behind. her brows raised to the sky again. "yes" some beings traveled by the stars' direction. "I am afraid I do not know much astrology. do you?"

Heloise would shift her snout back to him, anticipating some response at her question.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He nodded once more. For me as well, East replied mostly out of respect, although it wasn't entirely untrue; he welcomed the opportunity to get to know a stranger. At her next question, he gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. I don't know much either, he answered first, clearly a little disappointed by that fact. It's a new interest for me, but I have been watching them every night and have noticed they don't seem to change. At least, they hadn't appeared to change their position in the short amount of time he had been searching the skies. That single detail was what sparked his interest in the night sky. If they could feel, did they feel trapped like he had? It was all very mysterious and sparked his natural curiosity, drawing his attention to the sky every night without fail. 

What interests you? he asked next, glancing to her face again as he waited for her answer. Another thing that always intrigued the former soldier was what captivated others; what details about the world pulled them from their daily routines and forced them to stop and observe or learn more.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she would gift him a soft little smile, content to have met someone with a formal way of speaking as well. thus far he had done nothing to offend her when in truth she was intruding upon his solitary. perhaps he had little time to himself. perhaps he traveled with others. she did not know. "I should learn more of them" he seemed disappointed he either did not know or that she did not know. Heloise's gaze lifted, finding the only star she even knew existed. an ear would flick to the constellation. "yet I know only Ursa Minor - or as the northerners call it, the Little Dipper."

some called it a dragon rearing up to the sky. others a humble bear. she had met a being once who claimed it was a wolf's tail. it was good to know the stars above rarely changed when the earth itself did countless times. Heloise would nary shift from viewing the sky as Eastwood asked of her interests. "I enjoy assisting other people" however naive that sounded it was true. she would not narrow it purely to plants and healing. physical tasks were also a joy. "it is... a mission I have, to help when others have need of it." she was largely one to stay in the background and quietly offer advice.

she would gently snort. "though it sounds very foolish when I say it out loud."
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His ears perked at this new information. He didn't know any of the stars had names. He glanced to her, eyebrow raising in interest. Ursa Minor? Where is it? he asked curiously, thinking he had good luck today to have run into someone that knew at least something about the the objects of his most recent fascination. His dark golden gaze, now bright with interest, drifted between the pale woman's face and the night sky as he waited for her to point out this little dipper

Her answer surprised him a little. He didn't think he had met anyone lately that was so passionate about such a selfless task. East shook his head at her last statement. I don't think it's foolish, he answered first. It is honorable to be so selfless, he added with a dip of his head. You would be wise to watch out for those who might take advantage of your willingness to help, though, he warned, his eyes tightening a little as concern filled his expression. There were toxic wolves who would recognize that in the kind woman and exploit it to serve their own needs; he had seen it too many times.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"there" she would point with her snout to the non-polluted sky, the stars in a set pattern. a tail attached to a 'bucket' of sorts. though dimmer than the Ursa Major, it was smaller and easier to pluck out. her eyes focused on the 'tip' of the constellation. "Polaris is what they call the north star, at the end on the left" Polaris was indeed very bright. the brightest in the northern sky, some said. "it is good to find it early on, so you can always point north." decent for traveling these vast northern wilds.

he would express concern after saying it was not foolish. Heloise lay silent. woe be it, though, for those seeking to take advantage of her. she was a blight when angered and she rarely stopped upon a trail of vengeance. of course, it was not a good thing to tell another being she would kill the people who dared do such a thing. to her or others. "yes" she breathed at last "I have met others that have been injured by the residents here" her head swirled back to his gaze "worry not; I will not rush into such a predicament if I can help it."

it was why she had not rushed to join a community; for what did a person really know of the alphas in the Teekons? their reputation only. how they differed from the other leaders. she did not make decisions lightly, even if her paws had carried her to Stormrift to ask of them.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Interested eyes followed her nose as it pointed out the little dipper. He studied the grouping of stars until he could see the strange shape they made in the sky. And when she began talking about a star called Polaris, his gaze shifted to the very end of the grouping where a bright start twinkled against the dark of the night sky. He had just used memory before to get to where he needed to go, and sometimes he found himself in new places, but he was always able to track his own scent back to somewhere familiar. Before now, he couldn't think of a time he had ever been able to just wander freely, and he couldn't help but feel like he was meant to be here, learning about the stars from this stranger. He gave a nod of his head. Polaris; got it. So I can always find north, East repeated, committing the north star and Ursa Minor to memory so that he could find it again the next time he was studying the stars. 

He listened thoughtfully as she explained her run in with the less friendly side Teekon. He wasn't surprised she had encountered such wolves wandering around; they were everywhere and were often disguised well as wolves with good intentions. He nodded when she assured him she was being cautious. Yes, unfortunately, not all of Teekon is peaceful nights talking with strangers about the stars, he answered, raising an eyebrow as his gaze moved from the sky to settle on her face once more.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Heloise would gift him a rare chuckle. "yes" she agreed, for the world held so many options and potential outcomes. one could never expect the same result each time. Eastwood and the stars were one thing, and perhaps a battle would come next to even out the karma? she had only met a being so far that ended in a friendly spar; the next one may not be so friendly. he had searched for the beast who had assaulted his ward, and whether Derg found him yet... she did not know. her next action could be to catch up with the man. ask if he had need of further assistance. 

then again, that was his personal quest to take. she would not interfere unless given reason. the people she had met so far had not been unkind; it was merely rumors that called her to caution. Heloise would shake her head, ridding herself of such things. "though the stars give us so much; it would be a shame to ignore their efforts even if other things are going on" many did not even look upon them, giving them a small glance and focusing more on the things found on the earth. "the people are... so focused on themselves here. it is nice to know someone like you would give the night sky some attention." stopping to smell the roses, was that the saying?
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
At her chuckle, a small smile played at the corners of his mouth; it was a foreign feeling. East hadn't had much reason to smile until recently, and it was yet another reminder of how suffocating his life had been before he left Drageda. When she commented on the importance of taking time to notice the stars, he nodded in acceptance. It has not always been that way for me, he answered quietly, averting his gaze before letting his eyes drift back up the sky. Although, his reasons for being too preoccupied to notice the stars had been far from selfish; he had spent his whole life doing only what others needed him to do, and so there had been little time to gain enough interest in anything outside of his duty and responsibility. But now, all I want to do is learn more about them and what they mean, he continued, the sadness leaving his voice as he spoke. I agree, though, it seems like such a shame to ignore them, he added a second later. He knew he would never ignore them again, even if he did find some other purpose later on that required he be more than just a curious wanderer yearning to find his place in the universe.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
duty. it was something she knew of if Eastwood had a mind to share such a thing with her. it was constricting and suffocating. like a serpent wrapping its scales around one's neck. never could you try to free yourself without a struggle. she had attempted to flee her 'duty'. came to the Teekons for the hope of a fresh start. she gave a small nod, though she did not pry into the man's business. if he wanted to tell her, he would have.

"to be fair" she would carry on with a glint of amusement "they are not the best conversationalists. if they blame you for ignoring them, their claim is not valid." Heloise learned long ago that the stars did not provide answers. the sun did not either. the only way you could obtain them was going out into the world. between heaven and hell, a sort of seeking purgatory was this earth. whether Eastwood wanted his answers from them or just liked to learn, she had the hope he would find his own lot in life.

"where do you go next to learn?" was a sneaky way of asking where he was going to be going now. she had enjoyed his company, hoped to run into him again on the road. though it could be interpreted as her asking if he had a teacher. a mentor. some form of plan.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He had to agree that the stars were not the best at keeping one company, but that was not the reason for his draw to them. Sure he sought the company of others at times, but he only turned to the stars to quell his vast curiosity of the world around him that had awakened as he shed his ties to Drageda and went on his own path.

Her question pulled him from his silent musings, and he turned to her, mouth twisting thoughtfully as he considered his answer. I can't say that I have much of a plan, he finally answered, shrugging his muscled shoulders. I suppose, eventually, I'll be in search of a place to settle down, East added. For as much as he was enjoying the freedom of being a wanderer, he knew he would soon long for the bonds of pack; it was his nature after all. Try as he might to ignore the warrior part of himself, he would always be happier with loved ones to protect.

And you? he inquired curiously. What's next for Heloise?
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
his explanation was reasonable enough and she'd leave it alone. part of her was doing the same thing. allowing the fates to be kind and guide her paws. she had some form of a plan but not a lot. Heloise dipped her head in thought before replying to Eastwood. "for me?" she'd utter, a gentle smile placing itself on her features "I hope to settle here in the Teekons" but where was she going to do it? even she didn't know "I have traveled too far and too long."

raising her skull, she'd turn to him. "though I have no idea where" if he had been in a pack, she would ask to join him there. it was always a good thing to surround oneself with friendly faces. yet he was just as much a vagabond as her. Heloise rose from her spot, craning her head forward to look below. into the wilds. this was before. before she had decided to form a pack. before collecting individuals to her. before even going to Stormrift. so the logical thing to do was move on, experience life until that point. "perhaps I'll start at the coast."

water was a source of both healing and soothing. it crashed and destroyed yet it also reincarnated like a phoenix. "unless you have some advice for me" Heloise added.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Advice? He wasn't really sure he could offer her much advice; he admittedly hadn't been anywhere other than the coast and now this mountain top. It was a shame, really, that all this time he could have been exploring the wilds and instead, he was shackled by duty. I have only seen the coast, East began. It is a good a place to start, he added. As much as he resented Drageda, he knew it had nothing to do with its location. He still loved and respected the ocean, and he knew he would have to answer its call at times. He hesitated a little before offering his next words. I once belonged to a pack there...Drageda, he offered. And then he remembered: Maybe don't mention my name if you find yourself there, he said quickly. I was a warrior there....We aren't supposed to leave the pack. he paused again, looking down below them before continuing. I am considered natrona. The word rolled from his mouth in his native tongue. It was not something he was proud of. Most of all, he hated that he had disappointed his mother, but he just couldn't stay there any longer. Maybe he was weak for it, but he didn't care. He honestly would not have divulged such a shameful thing about himself with someone he barely knew, but he had been comfortable and let slip where he was from. What if she had gone there not knowing he was considered a traitor for leaving? She might have mentioned his name thinking it would earn her friendly ears only to find quite the opposite. He would never forgive himself. So his deepest, darkest secret was out now. East kept his eyes trained below, not yet ready to risk seeing her reaction to his admission.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Heloise would give a soft hm at his words. her eyes turned back to his, hating that he was now ashamed and not meeting her gaze. her lips did not move for a good while, brain working on a reply before administrating it. her head gave an irritable shake before a dry chuckle escaped. "I would not go to a pack - let alone join it - where I could not mention the name of a friend" she told him bluntly enough, though kindness swept over her face if he cared to look. she supposed his term meant traitor or even outcast. 

to think such communities existed, where one would not leave when they wished. the point of a pack was to provided safety and support. if one did not find either, they could leave for another. to pointlessly put yourself in a situation where you did not feel at home... it brought suffering. Heloise felt herself approach, dipping her head to press her nose to his shoulder. trying to comfort him. "you are a good man, Eastwood" she'd utter "and I do not care the reasons why you left. only that you had the courage to do what you thought was right." 

she was not going to let him feel ashamed of himself in her presence. it took courage to leave one's home. she knew that from experience.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She considered him a friend? After he had just exposed himself as a traitor to his own pack? He raised his head, incredulous gaze settling on her face, but he wasn't sure what to say. She came closer, offering soothing affection, and East closed his eyes at the touch, not sure he could remember the last time a touch from another had been gentle and not been the product of a spar or fight. He opened his eyes again at her next words, not sure he could agree with her statement that he was a good man, not after what he had done. And there were other things too--the lives he had taken in the name of his pack, those would weight heavy on his conscience for the rest of his life, he was sure of it. Still it was comforting to hear the words from her, even he had already considered himself damned. You are kind, he said quietly, not quite believing that such wolves still existed, nor believing his luck at finding such a soul by chance. He wondered if there was a reason they had both been brought here today. I don't think this is the last time we will cross paths, he said after a few seconds pause. If anything, he would seek her out eventually wherever she was just to make sure she was doing well.
Common · Trigedasleng
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
kind. the word hung in the air before she knew it was time to leave. she withdrew her snout from his shoulder, a soft chuckle highlighting her pale eyes. "I should hope so" Heloise would drawl, turning away from the man "else that defeats the purpose of friendship, no?" he had not resisted her comfort though she could feel his muscles tensing all the same. whatever happened to Eastwood in the past was not her concern. if he was healthy and sane, she would count that a blessing in itself. if he did not want her to pry into his life, she was not going to. her steps led her away from his side as she trailed back down the mountain. "farewell, Eastwood." and may their paths indeed cross again.
4/10 2/5
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
A smile played the corner of his mouth at her words, and East nodded at her statement. It seemed that's at least what their friendship was for, and hopefully he could return the favor. She said her goodbye, and he nodded once more, not yet ready to part ways but knowing he should head back down into the forest and let her get on with her life. He watched her form disappear from the side of the mountain before getting to his feet and heading down the way he had come, hoping that it wouldn't be too long before he saw his friend again.
Common · Trigedasleng