Swiftcurrent Creek carry on, if you have a mind to
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Joining 
ooc; anyone that can accept him thanks! ;D

traveling away from the glade, he would be instinctively drawn to the water. following the source south from the east, he'd come across a pack's border. Benedict would stand before it, curiosity and confusion are apparent. curious on who gave this border life. confusion on how he had failed to notice before he was walking on top of the border. he'd quickly back away, conscious of trespassing. with a few moments passing, he'd lift his head up and call for an audience.

the scenery was lovely and it seemed a calm place to look for answers. while it was unclear if he'd settle here, it was as good a place as any. lowering himself to the ground, he'd sit and wait for someone to come. whether he was waiting long or short, he allowed his thoughts to fester. playing back in his mind in practice what he'd want to say to whoever showed up. perhaps his skills as a hunter? how he was good with children? how he could offer quiet advice to anyone who came to him? maybe all of those things.
2/5 0/5
major focus on group hunting, patrolling, defensive fighting
benedict speaks with a heavy accent; if you need a translation just ask!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was already near the borders when the call rang out across the creek. His normal cautious curiosity was currently somewhat overshadowed by his need to protect his still very young children and his mate who still had to devote most of her time to staying in the den to care for the pups. So, Kavik quickly made his way towards the stranger, wondering what they might need. It had been some time since they had a stranger on the borders, but he had honestly been grateful for the quiet since the birth of his children. 

His face was impassive as he came to stand in front of the orange and cream man near the edge of his territory. The alpha dipped his head in greeting. I am Kavik, one of the alphas here, he began politely. What can I do for you? No sense in wasting time; he wouldn't relax until he was sure this new arrival meant no harm to his family or pack.
I'm no good without you
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
so it was a short wait. not that he minded, of course. Benedict would rather get this over with than be alone with his thoughts for long periods of time. a dark man appeared, quickly introducing himself to him. Kavik. he'd give a dip of his head. "greetin's, 'pha Kavik" his accent made it difficult to understand at times. he made no move forward, keeping the borders respectful enough. "dunno, t' be honest. m' new t'ese lands. yer pack was t' first I came across." he decided to be truthful, hoping it was appreciated.

his head would softly tilt as he introduced himself. "m' Benedict Ignis Fatuus" a mouthful but his parents had always given him a smack if he failed to say the whole thing without pause. he was less proud of his heritage. " 'd like te ask bout yer community. and er, if t'ere is room fer me." Kavik had been straight to the point, so he saw no reason to beat around the bush. he supposed questions would come next, and he mentally prepared himself for it.
2/5 0/5
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His accent was like none he had ever heard before, and it made the other man a little hard to understand. He, fortunately, understood the gist of it, though. His name was Benedict, and he seemed to have wandered upon the creek. More importantly, he inquired as to whether or not they had room for him here. Numbers were something of a constant stress for the alpha, memories of the dwindling plateau members reminding him of how important it was to fill the ranks with loyal members.

I lead the pack with my mate, Alessia, he started. We are a peaceful group. As for room, we have plenty for able wolves. Kavik continued. Spring is a busy time; mothers and pups rely heavily on the pack to stay fed. He was intentionally vague regarding the fact that the pups were his or even whether or not they were expecting children at all. It was sensitive information that revealed a vulnerability, and he wouldn't divulge such things with a stranger. Still, he was curious to know more about the man and intrigued by the prospect of a potential new member. What skills do you bring?
I'm no good without you
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Benedict would listen quietly to the words spoken. he had no real questions that Kavik hadn't left out. a peaceful group was what he needed and if they needed numbers, he saw no reason to withhold himself. he had no mate and had no children to bring with him to add, though. it was just him. Swiftcurrent was a good place to start fresh. the alpha's questions were sensible enough too. 

"m' focus is huntin' and patrolin' " he had been raised to protect a home, even if that home was gone now. "largely def'sive. work best w' a group fer bringin' down large prey" though he was not against solo hunting. it was how he survived traveling north. "can fight, tho prefer not te draw 'lood needlessly." Swiftcurrent claimed to be peaceful enough that he hoped not to use his fangs on a senseless fight.

he was largely a pacifist. and a happy one at that. he preferred words over a draw of the proverbial blade.
2/5 0/5
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik couldn't ignore how helpful it would be to have another hunter in the pack, especially with the extra need for food that had come with the birth of his four children. An extra set of eyes watching the borders would be helpful as well. Kavik nodded to the light-colored man. Both skills would be very helpful, especially now, he answered. You are welcome to join us here, Benedict, he offered next, stepping back  to allow the new wolf admittance across the borders. 

If you'd like, I can show you around, or you're welcome to get to know the territory on your own, he said next. I just ask that you stay clear of mine and my mate's den for now; my children are still very young, and I worry, he said next. He figured it probably went without saying, but his anxiety often made it difficult for him to refrain from saying such things. 

Fade here? <3
I'm no good without you
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"if ye 'orry" Benedict's reply came, at last, having remained quiet and respectful throughout the conversation "ye can go t' em. I haf four good paws" he was giving Kavik leave to go check on his family if it so bothered him. the cream-colored man would chuckle. "an'm' sure I can find a den by m'self." he'd be a piss poor member of this society if he couldn't at least find a den. he was thankful the alpha was reasonable and allowed him access though, and he didn't blame the man for worrying about strangers. 

he'd walk forward, over the borderline and gave a nod to the dark man. "I ain't gonna approach yer den" he'd promise though, already knowing to stay clear of mothers and children until he was trusted. "thank ye tho" Benedict added, of Kavik's offer to show him around and his acceptance of him into Swiftcurrent. he knew the strongest and freshest scents would lead him to the camp so he wasn't worried about getting lost. "I'll find m' way." another gentle nudge to go be with his family, for a family was a precious thing. he'd smile gently before looking back to the water.

maybe he'd fish and bring some food back as a token of his appreciation? either way, with his acceptance now he'd recline over the scent markings. not bothering to move from his spot for now. still hesitant to even go into the camp.
2/5 0/5