Swiftcurrent Creek Disturbed Acquaintances
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Joining 
He'd left the mountains, but not straying far. He was lonely and wanted security and it's what he sought now. He knew of a pack at the base of the mountain. He wandered down to their borders now, his tail low and swishing in case someone spotted his approach. He couldn't wait! He wanted the best for Areienth but, for now, at least, he'd be here helping with the birthing season the best he could. 

He loitered for a bit, pacing a short way up and down the border. He didn't know why he was beating around the bush -- perhaps just nervous about meeting a whole pack of new people. Odd for such a social character. At last, he decided to call for attention. Not a loud and demanding call but soft and questioning. This pack seemed strong and the location intrigued him. Besides, he was still close to his beloved cave he'd certainly keep going back to.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He had been tracking the resident herd of deer along the borders for most of the morning when the call reached his ears not far from where he was currently perched near the water. The sound spooked the deer a little, their ears twitching and heads lifting from the ground to stare at the place from where the predator's call had sounded. It wasn't until the alpha rose to his feet, his large frame finally visible over the rocks in front of him, that the herd finally took their quick leave of the area. It had been almost time to head back to the den to check on his family anyway. But first, he headed towards the visitor, curious as to what they wanted. As he moved along the edge of the territory, Kavik could feel his muscles tensing at the possiblity of danger. 

He approached the pale visitor with an impassive expression, stopping just in front of him before dipping his head in greeting. I am Kavik, one of the alphas here, he started. What can I do for you? He watched the male carefully while he waited for him to speak, searching his expression and posture for any signs of malcontent.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
A large male approached him, casing Sheri to stand up taller but keep his tail low and stirring in greeting. Her ears perked atop his crown with interest. He grinned, happy to be received. The man was cautious, evidently. Sheri only wanted to dissipate that tension for he was no hard. He wasn't one to stir trouble. 

"I am Sherigrim. I came here with a few members of my pack, Arenraith but not all made it through. I seek to join another pack at least until I discover if there is hope for them or not." Well, he didn't mean for it to be as blunt as that. Oh well, he didn't want to beat around the bush and this Alpha was probably on a schedule. "I'm an aspiring Shaman, I work with plants and healing." His eyes were bright and hopeful, wondering what the man was thinking.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was, admittedly, wary of the fact that the man only seemed to request temporary residence, but rightfully so; the alpha had lost his last pack simply because there had not been enough members to offer aid in a time of need. And the thought that this wolf might leave at any time made him a little hesitant. His ears perked at the mention of the other man being a healer, his expression softening a little. He couldn't deny that a healer would be most helpful right now with his brood still so young and sickly. With Aria's recent disappearance, they had been left without a medic, and it couldn't have come at a worse time. 

A shaman, he repeated. We are in great need of a healer. The alpha paused briefly before continuing. If I understand correctly, you possibly only seek a temporary home pending more information on your previous pack? he asked, wanting to weigh the options should this be the case.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He nodded. He understood that packs needed members -- he was always liable to keep moving on. However, he had a white heart and it was birthing season, pups and mothers alike needed as much help as possible. "Indeed, I am a traveler but if you're concerned about a member of your pack -- or several -- I will stay until they are healthy. It would not be right to leave in a time of need."
The statement may sound hypocritical coming from the man but he never did leave when Arenraith needed him. He stayed until they didn't and could handle themselves just fine until his possible return; one that he had spent a great number of hours debating. 

He saw the hesitation and heard the concern, yet Sheri knew he could be of help -- and knew the man needed it. "Of course, I may decide to stay or pledge myself to a different cause when the time is appropriate. The future is a hard thing to unravel before it's time." He didn't know if he'd made sense to the man. Ah well, he knew what his wandering mind was banging on about.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
It was a tough spot to be in--he would feel much more at ease with a healer in the ranks, but he feared a repeat of what happened at the plateau. Thoughtful concern spread across the alpha's face as he considered the stranger's words. Finally, decision made, he spoke: I will not lie and say that it doesn't make me uncomfortable to know that you might leave at a moment's notice should you be allowed a place here, but we are without a healer, and that makes me even more uncomfortable. He studied the other man, wondering if he should explain further. My mate has recently given birth; it was a difficult delivery, the alpha started, deciding, against his better judgement, to inform the shaman of his reasons for being so in need of a medic. She is doing okay now, and so are the children for the most part, but they are all weak and sickly, and I constantly worry. He sighed a little. I would just feel better if there was someone around that could help if something went wrong, Kavik finished. 

So if you wish to stay, then you are welcome to, Kavik said after a short pause. I just ask that you inform me of your plans to leave if you find yourself needing to do so, that way I can hopefully prepare, he added. He wasn't sure if it would help, but he thought that if he wasn't blind-sided by a packmate's departure, then maybe he would be better able to deal with it and make adjustments.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Ah, so the Shaman was right. Birthing season had come and it worried the Alpha - -enough so to need assistance. Sherigrim naturally wanted to help, to figure out what could be done for the offspring.
"Of course, I will do my best to help them and anyone else in your pack." It was a promise, one Sherigrim knew he had to keep to. This wasn't one like he made to his pack, no. This man needed him like Sherigrim had needed Arenraith. 

"When I believe my time here will come to an end, I will search for a replacement for you, if that settles your mind." The Shaman offered a soft smile, his tail stirring softly by his hocks. Kavik was a male easily liked, it said a lot about the personality of the man. Sherigrim would do his best for this pack.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik liked his proposition even better. Knowing that Sherigrim would replace himself if he left made the alpha feel less anxious about his decision to allow him admittance into the pack. He dipped his head in agreement. That would be most appreciated, he replied. You are welcome to a place among the creek wolves here, he added, stepping back from the borders to grant the shaman permission to cross over into his territory. I can show you around if you'd like, or you're welcome to learn the land on your own. I only ask that that you stay clear of my den for now, he added as he began to walk from the borders. He knew he wouldn't want to keep the man from the children for too long, but he needed some time to make sure he could trust him, and he also needed to inform his mate of the new healer. He didn't think she'd be very happy to suddenly find herself in the presence of a stranger, especially with the pups still fairly young. Once we know each other a little better, than I'll let you take look. It was the best he could offer for now with his need to protect the leading influence on his decision making.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Sheri remembered the place Aure had spoken of. He'd like to visit there now and see if there was anything worth bringing back. Perhaps he could cultivate a herbal garden for the next healer he'd eventually have to find. He smiled softly to Kavik, passing over the border. "You are most kind Kavik. I will be sure to prove myself," He cast his gaze about, wondering where he'd explore first. 
"I understand," he turned to look at the Alpha, "whenever you're ready for me to look at them. Of course, if your mate or children take a turn for the worst call me, I will come immediately." He gave the man a gentle nod, his gaze serious but compassionate. He would hate for the man with such a heart to have a need for grievance. 

"I think I will take a short trip to a place someone I met spoke about, she told me it was a place plentiful with herbs. I would be gone perhaps just over a day but I will be swift to return." He'd go once he'd integrated himself into this pack. Cover himself with their scent and make his mark on the borders. He knew as soon as he'd completed that, he'd start work on caches in the pack's territory.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik appreciated the man's eagerness and his easy acceptance of his boundaries regarding his children. When he mentioned needing to leave for about a day to visit a place with herbs, Kavik nodded. Of course, he replied. Take all the time you need, he added. He wasn't going to police the shaman's actions, and he knew how important it was to find places with the plants healers used for treating wounds and sickness. I will come find you soon to check the kids; hopefully I won't need to find you sooner, he said next, turning to begin walking. Of course his services held much value, but the alpha would rather not have a reason to need them anytime soon. He could use some quiet for once, especially when he was always so worried about the pups. With a final nod, he turned and headed farther down the borders, set on doing a patrol before heading back to the den to check on everyone.

Feel free to reply or just archive! <3
I'm no good without you