Blackfeather Woods blind to this impending fate
65 Posts
Ooc — Java
The woman was briefly stricken by the curiosity of the girl, finding it both unsettling and - oddly - so similar to her own need to understand the world and its intricacies, it felt like she had found a kindred spirit in a highly unlikely place. But the request had her blushing too; the men knew all, they were the priests and they were welcome to the secrets of wadj-wer, not she. The pale girl was right to assume she had picked up something, though.

I.. I could recite part of one, she offered coyly, but I do not think I could translate from the words of my people. The fact she knew the ancient tongue was something she had kept well hidden from the men and women back home. It was not unheard of for her sex to be knowledgable, but Parvati had brokered her understanding outside the graces of the faith — if it were to somehow reach back to the summerlands, she would incur more than just the mortal wrath of the men.

She knew how unlikely such retribution would be. The woman was so far afield now - so separate, lodging in this unique woodland. So she took a moment to compose herself, and recited:

Sayidi aleaziz al'akhdar,
'Arhab bikum wa'atawsal 'iilaykum,
wa'atlib minkum hdha bi'adhrae maftawhatin.

It was an introductory prayer, something the men would chant together as they made their preparations before a hunt. It often grew so loud and raucous that Parvati could not tell the voices apart, nor the sounds nor the meaning; but she could at least recall the initial query, and hoped it would suffice. The prayer did not ilicit much of a response out of Parvati as she concluded it, although her gaze rested on the altar with its many offerings - many of which were perversions to the lord of life that her menfolk adored.
Messages In This Thread
blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - April 26, 2019, 03:07 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - April 27, 2019, 02:19 AM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - April 27, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 01, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 02, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 02, 2019, 04:01 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 02, 2019, 06:47 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 03, 2019, 01:10 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 03, 2019, 09:58 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 04, 2019, 10:37 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 05, 2019, 04:41 PM