Blackfeather Woods blind to this impending fate
65 Posts
Ooc — Java
The dark brotherhood had a nefarious ring to it that was unsettling, although the fact that Maegi was aware and voiced her own opposition to it made Parvati feel less on-edge about the concept. She listened attentively as the woman explained the history behind the woods and its people.

Dark sister, they may have called me, but I never felt comfortable, Maegi explained. It was a feeling that Parvati knew well, and the reason she had felt compelled to disperse from her clan despite it being against the laws of her people. She risked more than she knew. Man, woman; it doesn't matter, and this was something she agreed with, earning a smile and a nod.

Even while Maegi spoke of her god - of this Peryite - and painted the image of her dead body in a macabre setting, worm-eaten and rotten, did not make Parvati as unsettled as one might anticipate. A part of her could understand the sentiment behind her words and found the concept to be beautiful, even if it was a bit grotesque. We are of the same mind, she murmured in response, not wanting to disrupt the moment but also somewhat glad to steer the conversation away from such a dire topic.

I was taught that I would one day become dust, and from that dust more would rise. Perhaps if we were good and just within our lifetimes, the dust would transcend in to the sky and become a smattering of stars - she looked heavenwards as she said this, but caught herself before becoming too distracted; the stars were well hidden and she sounded more pious than intended as she waxed on about it, - though, I suppose my gods have given me up by now, as I am no longer with my people. It was a sobering thought.
Messages In This Thread
blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - April 26, 2019, 03:07 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - April 27, 2019, 02:19 AM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - April 27, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 01, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 02, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 02, 2019, 04:01 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 02, 2019, 06:47 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 03, 2019, 01:10 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 03, 2019, 09:58 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by Maegi - May 04, 2019, 10:37 PM
RE: blind to this impending fate - by RIP Parvati - May 05, 2019, 04:41 PM