Swiftcurrent Creek Partners In Crime
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Joining 
Joining thread for @Elve

He brought them to the borders, tipping his head for @Kavik to grace them with his presence. 

He turned and bumped his nose to Elve's neck, a grin spread on his face. She made him seel like she was walking on cloud nine with her infectious joy. He'd explained to her the pack's ways and the situation with the Alpha's mate and pups in the hoped they'd work together. 

"Kavik will be here soon, perhaps some of the others will join too." Admittedly, he'd not met many of the other members. Briefly passing with a kind word and telling them of his purpose in the pack; healer and future teller. Well, he'd not added future teller to his name, seeing's as he was rather bad at the art of divination. One day, perhaps. 
Elve's gift may even help him.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
47 Posts
Ooc —
She pattered after him like a strange golden shadow, otter medicine bag clutched in her jaws gently. It prevented her from speaking - which was likely for the best as it would have been a stuttering, nervous string of her mother tongue - but she nodded along as Sherigrim detailed some of the Clan's finer workings. Confusion met his words which brought forth new anxiety - his Clan's ways were so different; would she feel terribly out of place amongst his people?

The forest appeared on the horizon all too soon but the pixie forced an eager expression onto her scarred features, smiling genuinely as she returned his sweet nuzzle. At the very least, she would not be alone - she had Sheri now.

With a bow of her buttermilk nape, Elve placed the otter tote on the ground before her and tugged her caribou wrap closer around her shoulders - shifting half-hidden behind her Intended subconsciously. The pelt cloak was a blanket of security, the spirit of her Totem resided within and the weight of it draped over her form was as comforting as the silver male pressed against her side. 

The Medicine Woman nodded, swallowing as her ocean gaze searched the treeline for movement that would herald his Chief's arrival. 
To the moon and never back. 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
But it wasn't the chief who decided to take a look at the new recruit. With Eilonwy taking on the roll as babysitter every now and again, Chusi was free to do border work and fill the caches with delicious, fishy meals. Despite her not ranking as highly as some undeserving wolves, Chusi was the longest standing member of the Creek and she wasn't going to let it fall or fill up with no-gooders. That's why, when she heard the call, she made sure to arrive quickly.

Her fluffy tail was raised slightly higher than the other two, recognizing the male as their Epsilon. She swayed it in greeting and dipped her muzzle to the unfamiliar girl. Hiya, I'm Chusi Fearghal. That's right, show them you're proud. Her brows then lifted in anticipation, expecting an introduction in return.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was deep in the heart of the territory where his den was hidden, stealing precious time with his family when the call reached him from the borders. He hastily departed from the den, concerned about why Sherigrim had summoned him from the edge of the territory. His call didn't seem distressed, though, so Kavik attempted to quiet his anxiety as he made his way through the trees and across the creek.

When he arrived, he noticed first that Chusi had beat him here, and he dipped his head in greeting as he came to stand next to her. I'm Kavik, one of the alphas here, he said first to the stranger, dipping his head once more in greeting. He then turned to the shaman. Is this a new recruit? the alpha asked, thinking that was the best assumption here. He hoped that didn't mean the healer was leaving and this was his replacement, but they had made a deal, and Kavik would hold up his end.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He gave Chusi a warm smile. "Hey Chusi! This is Elve, a new recruit to help me with the healing around here. I'm sure the pups will become a handful in the summer." He laughed lightly, his tail waving with his joy, just below his hips. He liked Chusi, she was a strong member and he hoped to be friends with her. She seemed fun.

Kavik came through, worry clearly written on his face until he realised there was no danger, though still seemed slightly anxious. He shouldn't be though. Why would he be anxious? He was only here to introduce Elve.

"Kavik," the Druid greeted with a grin, "this is Elve. I was hoping we could work together here." He hoped with all his heart that Kavik would allow them to be here together. Courting, until they were ready to Marry. Become mates. His tail waved just a bit faster, pressing against Elve slightly.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
47 Posts
Ooc —
Two wolves emerged from the forest one after the other, both dark though differing in gender. The Sami's head dipped respectfully, spine and tail bowing instinctively so that her diminutive form seemed even tinier. 

She remained silent, ocean eyes trained upon the earth as Sherigrim spoke - sensing her words were not welcome from the way they spoke over her head. Still, when Sheri had introduced her as a recruit, it was clear to her that now was her chance to appeal to the Chief. 

"T'is woman greets you, both of you," she began with the introduction of her people, calling upon the only way that she knew, that of Sapmi, to guide her. "T'is woman is called Elve 'ekkinen; Elve of...No People." 

"I 'ave come to make a suitable wife to Sherigrim, in time, but 'e tells me t'ings are done differently 'ere," 
her eyes rose then, though they would not meet either gaze of her Intended's packmates, lest she ruin it all with a perceived slight against their authority. 

"I know not w'at is required of me to enter yer lands so I offer all t'at I am," she wisped earnestly, "every shred of loyalty and 'onour I 'ave wit'in me." 

"An' I offer all t'at I 'ave," 
she continued, nudging the otter skin bag towards them hesitantly, stepping back into the Druid's shadow eagerly. " 'S not much but t'ere's meat, medicine, furs. Ye may distribute it amongst yer Clan or use it 'owever you deem fit." 

"I can 'elp Sherigrim; I was Medicine Woman of my clan, I could be of use to yers," 
she added. 

"I ask in return t'at I be allowed a place in yer ranks, an opportunity to look about me and feel t'at yer kin 'ave become mine own, a chance to learn and grow at Sherigrim's side," she fell silent, feeling it  was a lot to ask but she had spoken from her heart and could only hope that it seemed a fair trade to her love's Chief. 
To the moon and never back. 
"Common." "Uralic/Lapp."
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Forgot to add you can skip me to keep this going!

The girl seemed promising. Chusi herself knew little to nothing about healing, and to have two in the same pack felt like a good choice. If it had been up to her, the recruit would be welcomed with open arms, but she didn't make decisions around here. Kavik was soon to arrive, and Chusi felt like she melted into the background yet again.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was more than relieved to hear that not only was Sherigrim not leaving, he was also bringing another healer into their ranks. He nodded at the shaman before focusing his attention on Elve, listening quietly as she spoke. 

We always have room for medics here, Kavik answered first, looking at her offering with interest. Now more than ever, they could use all the healers they could get. We have many pups and more on the way, so your help would be very much appreciated. As for what is expected of you, all I ask is that you contribute to the pack and help Sherigrim in anyway he needs. He looked once more at the otter skin bag. Thank you, he added with another nod. Welcome to Swiftcurrent Creek. I'll let Sherigrim show you around and get you settled. 

If they had no more questions, he would pick up the woman's gift and head back to the den to check on his family, offering Chusi a parting nod on his way out.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Sheri nodded, a grin on his countenance. After Elve finished her piece, he affectionately licked her cheek. She was wonderful in every way and if someone couldn't see it, Sheri would have to find a herb to heal their blindness.
Kavik finished talking and intoxicating joy radiated from him. His friend could stay. His lover, wife, mate. All the titles she will hopefully one day be bestowed with.
"Thank you, Kavik." Came his reply, his happiness seeping into the words.

He shoulder bumped Elve, giving her a starry-eyed look. "Come on!" He invited her before taking off at a quick trot into the woods. He dropped into a play bow, hoping Elve would join him for a run towards the river.