Sun Mote Copse this tea is piping
"The gods are shining on us."
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Joining 

Fate was what drew Dorminos into the Wilds. It was difficult to place why, or how, or even when he'd find the reason, but he'd have to make do for the time being. There was no question about his need for a pack; finding security was his immediate concern. Luckily, it took less than a day for him to find a border, at which he stopped and took the time to do an elementary investigation.

After a while, Dorminos grew tired of sniffing around and decided that it was time to sound his call. Lifting his head, he swiftly announced his presence.
Spanish
English
[Image: tumblr_p6sk08h1G61x3wngbo1_540.gif]
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
A call on the border.  Colt had been headed to take a break after marking, but as soon as he heard it, he pivoted with a small sigh and began to jog back out.

It was quickly becoming clear to him why Elwood and Finley hadn't wanted the spot, and while he didn't like to make it apparent, his years weren't any shorter.  He hadn't expected leadership to be so much more 'go go go' than simple membership, but it was his own damn fault he was here, wasn't it?  

And honestly.... he didn't hate it.  He was tired as hell, but he was proud too.

Hey, stranger.  What's shakin? Colt greeted him with a smile.  Name's Colt, and these fine borders are mine.  Lookin for something?  Hopefully to join, because holy hell they needed some adults here.
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
mobile so short!

A member was quick to approach and based on his demeanor, Dorm was immediately pleased. In response to Colt’s greeting, he gave a friendly nod and smile of his own, replying, Dorminos. I’m actually here to see if there’s room for one more. Border calls weren’t normally this lackadaisy but it didn’t seem that either of them were looking to complain. 

I’ve got some mercenary experience and I know a few things about healing. I have a lot more to learn but I’m getting there. Dorminos said a silent prayer and waited for the leader’s response.
Spanish
English
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
If he'd been unpleasant in any way things would have shifted right quick, but Colt tended to give the benefit of the doubt.  Today seemed that was going to pay off.

My nephew's a healer, knows a thing or two he might be able to show you.  Just lost his mate though, so might have to wait a bit.  He grew a little serious there, but picked back up after.  We definitely won't turn away good help, especially with all the kids we have growin.  How are you with pups?

He wouldn't be allowed near them right away, he assumed, but as the got older and out, he wanted to be sure Dominos would be able to handle them potentially underfoot.  Because hell, he wouldn't have wanted that at his age.
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Though he’d never experienced it so personally, Dorminos thought that he might know a thing or two about loss. Most of his knowledge came from elementary experiences, like the miss of an attack or the rotting of a cache; not quite the same as losing a mate, but y’know. He nodded along with the gentle warning, having already known than to pester someone in grief. 

Things were going well untik the mention of kids, at which Dorminos visibly tensed. He didn’t not like them, but they weren’t his first choice for company either. I don’t have a lot of experience, he admitted with a solemn gaze, I can try, though. It wasn’t like him to give up easily.
Spanish
English
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt watched the response carefully, and even though the guy tensed, he knew there was a difference between discomfort and active dislike.  This guy thankfully showed none of the latter.  He cracked a grin.  Don't worry about it, doubt you'll have much call for babysitting.  So long as you don't mind them much you'll do fine.   And hopefully, when the kids were a little older, he'd want to kick in on some lessons.  They were going to have a gaggle of them to get up to speed on shit like hunting.

I'd say you got yourself a spot, welcome to the Firebirds.  Colt indicated away.  What d'you say I show you around a little?  He could introduce him to a few of the others too, if they were around.

We can wrap unless you wanted them to chat a bit more, up to you!
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Gotcha! I'll archive with my post. :)

The hard part seemed to be over quicker than Dormino's had expected. Luckily, Colt understood his apprehension; instead of being turned away, he was happily accepted. He gave a friendly wag of his tail and he took his first few steps into the territory, tail swiping gently across that of his leader's to catch some of his scent. That sounds great, Dorm replied, anxious to explore his new home.
Spanish
English