Golden Glade Goodbye doesn't have to be forever
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Private 
Set for 7/3, get to this when you can @Quixote | Towhee tag just so if you wanna jump in, you're more than welcome! @Raven too!

Rye made his mind up, he was to leave Frosthawks for @Towhee, or rather to join Towhees pack but lets be honest here.. It was pretty much for Towhee. Though, Rye was none the wiser to the reasonings behind his actions. But the day had come, he was to tell Quixote about his departure from his first home within Teekon. It was almost too soon, Rye had only spent a few months within Redhawks/Frosthawks, he was going to miss, sure but he made up his mind. H wanted to go with Towhee, see where that path would lead him. Rye was sure shenanigans was to ensue but he was always up for that. A flashback to Towhees' and Ryes' last talk made him smile, the witty humor and sassy come backs. Fondness was becoming less and less fitting for how Rye felt about Towhee, but was there a word past fondness? He couldn't think of it. 

Reaching the border he howled for the alpha, and by the alpha Rye meant Quixote. He didn't know the other two alphas all that well and wasn't about to drag them into things, if Quixote wanted them in the mess then so be it but hopefully Quixote wouldn't. Nervousness was picking at Ryes' mind like monkey picking for bugs. He didn't want to put even a smidge of a bad haze in the air between the two packs, but he trusted to the best of his ability that Quixote would be civil. He had did his best to give the pack what it needed, although Rye would admit he could've done better he also could've done worse. Too late to turn back, for now, he lie and wait for the alpha to grace Rye with his presence.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Well, they'd been given a little bit of forewarning -- potentially at least.  Now, a howl at the borders wasn't necessarily Rye departing -- could be he found something at the borders (or at least that sounds where it came from).  It was in Qui's best interest to not make any assumptions here -- he'd just end up looking foolish, especially since he was pretty distracted by the newborn pups.  He very well could have missed something else.

But hey, that was also why Qui was the only one responding to the call right now.  They could always go to the den if there was something important to discuss.  At least Qui had less to worry about when it came to random people hating his guts.  He never did understand that -- but it took a certain amount of pressure off.  Maybe he could actually start to like... Enjoy life rather than feeling trapped and all that nonsense.  It'd be nice.  But hey, anyway.  There was Rye.  Alone.  Well.  What's up?  Even though he kind of could guess.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye was not aware that Quixote or Raven were aware of his plans to leave, nor was he aware pups had been born. In truth, he'd been blind to the fact there was pups at all, besides the younger kids brought from the other pack but they were almost full adults right? Well, it was too late now, no going back and as Quixote approached Rye sat up straight and bow his head. Giving what respects he could before Rye laid anything out as fact. He was ready, fur laid back, feet planted firm and mind made up. It was time for him to leave, "I called you here to tell you that I'm leaving," He stated bluntly, no use sugar coating it. 

"I'm going to join Towhees' pack, so I haven't completely abandoned you yet," It was an attempt at humor, though Rye was sure it probably fell flat on his ears, nevertheless he powered through his goodbye speech. He searched for a reason why he wanted to join her, was it to help her? Well yeah of course but that can't be the only reason, no surely not. Rye took a moment of silence, he looked at Quixote as if asking for the answer to something only Rye could give. Then it donned on him, he wanted to join for Towhee, to be near to her. The realization was late, very late but now wasn't the time to dottle, Quixote was waiting.

He sobered up and cleared his throat, looking at Quixote in a much more proper manner. "I wanted to say thank you, for granting me a home within Redhawks. I'm debted to you, anything you ask of me, I'll do my best to comply." He said with a gentle smile. Rye offered his services, whatever that may be, to Quixote as a show of good faith, he wanted his relationship with Redhawks to be as solid as it was before his departure and if a little favor helps things along, then so be it.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It was a really, really good thing that he had forewarning.  There was being blunt and then there was clubbing someone over the head, and Rye's words were in the club category.  It still was a little bit of a shock to the system in that Qui wasn't exactly sure what to say about it all.  His expression was probably a little bit hard to read -- not that he was an open book to begin with, but there were several thoughts crossing his mind and none of them were exactly joyous.  But then again, why would they be?  The pack was down to being just two families -- his own and Rannoch's.  No outsiders, no random siblings.  Just them.  It was something that they had to fix, but at least he was pretty sure none of them now would have issues bringing in new people.  Definitely one reason to be glad to see the back of Towhee (and probably to a lesser point Phox if he was still a twit about "non-Redhawks" or whatever).

But whatever.  There was no point in keeping wolves around who didn't want to stay.  It would make everyone unhappy, and that was one belief of his that hadn't changed.  He was pretty much over being particularly emotional about it, though.  Whatever, life moves on and the pups took more of his brainpower right now.  Uh.  Okay.  Pause, Obviously I haven't been keeping up to date on what all is going on with them, but I hope things go well for you.  What else do you say?  For uh.. Debt or whatever, at least right now I have no idea what that'd be.  Just seems weird, I guess.  That sounded way more Towheeish than his usual jam. Speaking of, it'd probably be impolite to warn him to watch out since a lot of Towhee's behavior and choices recently seemed pretty hypocritical, right?
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Ignoring all of that, and ignoring the fact his offer was shittily accepted (at least in Ryes' pov) he nodded his head and kept his silence for a moment before, "Alright, well, no point in drawing this out. I will be on my way, so if theres anything you would like to talk about, speak now or forever hold your peace." Rye was going to leave on a joke, no matter what happened. That was the Rye Bread way.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He did wonder if Towhee rubbed off on Rye -- one of the times they'd talked, he hadn't seemed so... Well, curt wasn't the right word exactly, but something like that.  Brief seemed a little weak.  Somewhere in the middle of those.  Qui needed to stop seeing stuff kind of negatively.  It just wasn't worth it, he repeated to himself.  

Well, okay.  As I've said, hope things go well over there for you. Uh, what else?  You know where to find us.  He dipped his head, and wagged his tail once or twice.  If Rye was gonna head off well, that was that, pretty much.  

All this was also apparently enough to jumble his brain and make him to forget to mention anything about the pups.  Oops.  But hey, at least it'll keep other threads' timelines from breaking.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye returned the dip, and wish Quixote luck as well. Rye had no idea how much the alpha would need it, not knowing about the pup and all. Sooner or later he would find out. For now, it was off to another pasture.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."