Stone Circle Don't be to hard on yourself
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Newt wants to argue, because if rest is good and makes his mother feel better, than Newt can tolerate not talking to someone for awhile. At least he is somewhat relieved that once Greyback is home, Valette can take a well deserved nap.

When will Papa come back? The greyscale pup asks quietly, trying to decide then if it is worth convincing Valette a short nap won't harm anything. If he understood what happened to Leta, he probably would have been scared enough to not suggest it in the first place though.

"Grass?"

His head nods, wondering if he said the wrong word and got something mixed up. Pa taught him a lot of them, and Ma did too, but sometimes it's a lot and his brain gets overwhelmed with all the new. Fortunately it seems he isn't wrong. He startles when Valette pushes herself up, a pout forming on his lips. If she can't sleep, then she could at least stay laying down!

He'll survive itchy legs, right? Unless West is right...

A look of panic suddenly crosses his face. Newt rushes to his feet, following after his mother quietly as they go to the creek near the den. He complies with her instructions, placing his paws in the water. It feels much better! Although the cold stings at first, the irritated skin no longer feels so... ache-y!

He sighs, and plops himself down on his belly in a shallow area of the stream. Feels good! Mama, put paw in, too? He asks, staring up at her with wide puppy-dog eyes.

He is quiet for a long moment, in thought, when he finally speaks about what's been bothering him; Am I going to lose my legs? He whispers fearfully.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Messages In This Thread
Don't be to hard on yourself - by RIP Valette - July 12, 2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by Nanoq - July 12, 2019, 03:29 PM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by RIP Valette - July 16, 2019, 07:03 AM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by Nanoq - July 17, 2019, 02:09 PM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by RIP Valette - July 18, 2019, 04:18 AM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by Nanoq - July 20, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by RIP Valette - July 22, 2019, 03:43 AM
RE: Don't be to hard on yourself - by Nanoq - July 28, 2019, 11:34 AM