Oystercatcher Tide Pools Rolling in the mist
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
All Welcome 
aw! please come say hi to my baby girl :')

She had returned.

It had been a long time since she had seen these Wilds she once called home. The wolves she once knew, their scents no longer resonated in her nose. All she could take in was the chilling scent of salt from the ocean breeze. She wondered where they all had gone and hoped they were in good health and spirit.

As for her, what she needed was something to eat. The overcast sky and moist air meant she may not have too much time before the weather can change on her. With a soft hum, the woman searched the tidepool area for something to eat. She could hear the birds talking and flying away every now and then, though the small creatures in the water are what kept her attention.

Licking her chops, the winter-pelted female began to examine the pools closer for something edible.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Part of him knew he shouldn't have been this far out from his plateau home. Then again, did it really matter? Blossom and Fynn could (hopefully) take care of each other without him around for a bit. Anyone else who stopped by might find it more pleasant to meet them rather than him anyway.

He just needed to stop for a bit and breathe.

He had desired a bit of alone time but there was a stranger in the pools up ahead. She flowed with graceful movements and the monochrome painting of her coat was hard to miss against the lively colors around them. With slow steps he aimed to move closer to her. Normally he would have been perhaps more cautious and alerted the other to his presence with a sound before he spoke. Exhaustion gripped at his core though and he spoke without care for what reaction she might give him.

Found anything?
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Her search had so far been unsuccessful. The first thing she aimed to eat was a starfish, and that wasn't exactly tasty nor easy. The first one she managed to rip off the rock, she managed to fling to another tide pool due to poor taste. She'd have to look harder than that.

"Found anything?"

The voice of someone new caused her to perk her ears forward and life her gaze. She examined closely, just for the few seconds she had before it would be noted as staring. "I'm afraid not, I'm not quite accustomed to searching for food here." Sea life was something she was not acquainted with, yet somehow the girl found herself by the ocean. She should be in a valley searching for rodents or rabbits, not trying to fish herself a mussel or crab.

"Would you have any tips?"
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Her answer was disappointing but perhaps it allowed him a doorway to get to know her better. The question that was posed to him only seemed to further make that doorway. Perhaps. He answered slowly at first. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it you don't know how to fish? Seems far easier than cracking open whatever might be trapped here. A brow shifted up slightly as he eyed the area around him. He had never fished here before and with low tide he was not sure how successful they might be.

Perhaps, if she was hungry enough and trusting enough, he could move them to somewhere more suited to his hunting style. A river or on the ocean shore directly might be nice. He doubted something truly filling would be hiding in these pools.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
A small chuckle left her black lips at his statement, though he was indeed correct. Gracious sadly had no skill when it came to fishing, and obviously it was becoming more and more apparent. She looked down for a brief moment, looking at the animals that had hard shells on their back. 

"I would say you're correct, I've dealt with rabbits and such but not fish;" she started, lifting her gaze once again to meet his, "I take it you know your way around the water?" He looked like a smart one, although one could only gather so much from one look. She did note his strong build, however, that must be useful for some sort of hunting.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
The briefest smile tugged at his lips at her words. I would say I do. He hummed in response, feeling a bit good natured in her company. It felt easy to be around her. I lived on an island for a while and now I've set up not too far from here. He informed her before he made a gentle motion with his head for her to follow. They could make their way somewhere he could show her how to live a coastal life without starving.

What brings you out here? Surely not just a meal...? He asked softly as his head turned to steal another glance at her.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
He made nice company to her, perhaps it was the polite way he was speaking, or simply because Gracious simply appreciated talking to someone besides herself. Wandering often got lonely when all the company you have is yourself. She was glad he stumbled upon her.

Though, she did become slightly more interested when he brought up his past. Living on an island? She had never truly encountered a wolf that could handle living in what she imagined to be isolation, especially with what could only be salt water and sand in her mind. "You must think of me as a fool, compared to the skills you must have, I-" she felt herself grin, "I'm a fish out of water."

It was horrible. But sometimes cheap humor could get the best of her. Her fluttery fit of laughter subsided when she had followed his gaze towards what must be his home. His next question caused the greyscale girl to think to herself for a little. "No, had it been for a meal, I may have searched elsewhere. I had lived here for a little before leaving, but--" she paused, "I wanted to come back home."