Two Rivers Isle How to train your Hunter
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Belly and snout close to the ground, Basil continued on his path through the long grass. His steps were careful, trying to be silent and not as destructive. The young lad’s ears perked when he heard the faint sound of his quarry. It seemed to be a small herd going from the sounds but Basil knew better to just believe that. Only if all of his senses assessed the situation would he take action. Especially since he is a lone wolf. In a pack, he would have his brethren to defend him if things would go awry. But here, all alone, he only had himself to take care of. So mucking up a hunt because he was a tad impatient might cost him his life, so careful stalking and planning was needed.

That said; his path was intercepted by another. A sturdier body than his own, cloaked in a fur as dark as the darkest night. Only two pinpricks of ice blue the young hunter was able to discern from the ethereal form. The other had appeared almost out of nothingness and for a second a shiver went down his back. But the other spoke and his heart calmed itself. It was no monster that was out for him but another wolf. A wolf that did not attack and actually asked something of him. Deciding the other would do him no harm, at least for now, he straightened his posture and eyed the other a bit longer before answering with carefully picked words.

“Greetings stranger. I have been intending to hunt yes; I would welcome a partner in doing so. My name is Basil.” and he eyed the other with amber orbs for a bit longer before turning them back towards the direction where the deer scent seemed to get stronger. “I have been intending to go for a deer. It smells slightly different than the ones that I am used to but I hope they do not differ too much.” he spoke the other and a muttered the last part to himself. The prey in this area was different. Some seemed to have the same universal scent but differed in some way. The young hunter hoped that they would also behave mostly like the prey he is used to hunting.

“If you would like to join me….” He spoke and switched his head back to the wolf made out of darkness before assuming his earlier stance to continue to get an overview of the prey they would hunt. Usually hunts needed some kind of trust between the pursuers and also coordination. But Basil did not intend to kill a buck. The young lad thought they would easily be able to take down a doe, even if they did not really know each other. A quick hunt to leave them both satisfied and then they may just part ways again. A partnership of convenience so to say.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
Messages In This Thread
How to train your Hunter - by Basil - August 04, 2019, 12:40 PM
RE: How to train your Hunter - by Cry - August 04, 2019, 03:00 PM
RE: How to train your Hunter - by Basil - August 05, 2019, 02:25 PM
RE: How to train your Hunter - by Cry - August 09, 2019, 05:23 PM
RE: How to train your Hunter - by Basil - August 11, 2019, 05:36 AM