Honeyed Pasture lavender and lemon
All Welcome  October 12, 2019, 11:59 AM
Cephaloryn
Lone Wolves

AW, will close in one week if no reply. || Morning, 34˚, Partly Cloudy.

        The earth grew restless that morning, rumbling underfoot with a gentleness not nearly as aggressive as it had been lately. Although he feared that the softness was only the gateway to something far worse coming. Or perhaps it was a warning sound meant to usher any fools still left. Fool he was. Trailing along the lands that laid against the coast on his search for his lost protector. When was the last time he had seen his will-o'-the-wisp? He had feared that perhaps she had not made it out from the coast in time, lost to the anger of the ocean or confined in their former whale bone home.

        Oh but he couldn't dwell on such awful thoughts. Perhaps she had come inland and merely ended up lost somewhere in her escape. So he had set out to follow an unknown path that trailed the spine of the coast with thoughts that he might find her roaming.

ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴏғ ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 14
ᴡʀᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɴᴇᴡᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅs
ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇs
October 12, 2019, 12:45 PM
Vuk
Lone Wolves

until spotting the lone traveler, she'd thought all the wolves here lost. it was eerily still, and she'd certainly hungered since finding her way back here. once, twice had she crossed great cracks in the earth itself, and earlier that morning she'd passed through a flooded woodland, half of the great trees felled, with reverence. 

and so Vuk moves to greet the stranger quickly, half-worried he'd disappear just as quickly as he'd slipped into her field of vision. "hey!" she chuffs, should her heavy-pawed approach not suffice in gaining his attention. "can I walk with you?" solitude is a mantle she wishes to shed, and yet she's mindful of the stranger's claim to it.
October 12, 2019, 12:52 PM
Cephaloryn
Lone Wolves

        "Hey!" He is brought to a stop, masked head turning to gaze upon the imposing figure of her. Had she not been so friendly he perhaps would have veered on the course of caution. Yet with a simple request and a friendly face, his tail gave a few small waves behind him. Sure. He called back out with confirmation, threatening to crack his hoarse voice.

        If she did not move closer, he would aim to close some of the distance between them. He did not desire to lose his voice from hollering through the fields nor did she seem like a threat. In fact she seemed like the opposite — a friend to be perhaps. Are you looking for something? Although the question is specific, he had a more broad inquiry in mind. What was her purpose for being out here?

ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴏғ ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 14
ᴡʀᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɴᴇᴡᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅs
ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇs
October 12, 2019, 01:03 PM
Vuk
Lone Wolves

his answer is a positive, and with easy grin writ across her muzzle does she close the rest of the distance between them, moving to fall into step beside him. up close, he appears to have been through a lot; perhaps, whatever has happened (and still seems to be happening) here. her immediate reaction is to try and offer some help, but she doubts he'd appreciate the offer fro a complete stranger. in any case, he appears to be mending. 

his voice is hoarse, and she allows it to fade into silence entirely before agreeing with a nod. "in a way." elaborating, she asks, "do you know what's happened here? why the ground moves?" and a dozen other questions besides, but she will not put word to them all now.
October 12, 2019, 01:09 PM
Cephaloryn
Lone Wolves

        She returned a question and at first he felt guilty that he could not give her a proper answer. He did not know the real reason behind all the destruction, what might soothe the earth. But if he could not give her a proper answer he could at least warn her!

        It just happens. The earth seems restless. It rumbles and destroys. There's a coast — His head turned to look in that direction with a gentle frown as worry tinged his next words. It's far too dangerous there. I suggest especially avoiding it. His colorless gaze moved to look towards her to make sure she got his words. Although they had only just met, he would never forgive himself if he did not warn her enough of what was happening in these lands.

ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴏғ ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 14
ᴡʀᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɴᴇᴡᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅs
ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇs
October 12, 2019, 01:46 PM
Vuk
Lone Wolves

to say his answer disconcerts her is an understatement; though she hides it well. for things of such magnitude to spread destruction with no apparent cause is acutely worrying. she nods seriously in acceptance of his words, though at his mention of a coast—"were you there?"

and then, after a moment. "I'm sorry. I will" it is both an apology at her intrusion, and too for his current state, if truly he came from there. brine, faint, but detectable. she wonders what could be worse than the earth in upheaval.
October 13, 2019, 03:26 PM
Cephaloryn
Lone Wolves

        An apology quickly trailed after her question quickly. A gentle sigh escaped him. It's okay. He could not be mad at her curiosity. Surely curiosity plagued everyone with the strange ongoings that had taken over the land. I was. Shortly. He had found comfort there only be soon ushered away by the events of the world. He wondered when — if — it would be safe to return.

        What is your name? A drifting of topics into something perhaps lighter. Besides, if she was to accompany him for a walk he felt like he should have something to call her.

ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴏғ ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 14
ᴡʀᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɴᴇᴡᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅs
ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇs