Stone Circle and this, where i lay,
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
blondine was confident enough to wander outside of the border. she never took more than ten steps before turning back around, but even that was something. soon, she'd be able to go to the valley and meet with larus to see how he'd been doing.

the huntress hummed as she jogged beside the border. she thought about @Greyback and wondered what he might be up to, if anything at all. her mind also drifted to @Sunny, the boy who she'd promised to eventually help.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
What was he doing here?

The thought constantly went through Sunny's mind, repeated so many times that he genuinely felt best leaving the pack. He had intended on doing so, making a quick beeline as his heart raced from what he didnt realise was an anxiety attack and nearly colliding with a stranger patrolling the borders.

"I'm so sorry!" He gushed as he moved quickly to the side to avoid her, lifting a forever and looking like he was about to continue onward before he hesitated and gave her a concerned look "Are you alright?" he asked not even sure he had even bumped her at all but figuring it was polite to check anyway.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
blondine hadn't thought much of the stranger's approach until he began to speak. hm? she asked, turning to face his general direction, i'm alright, doll. you alright? a smile crept onto her maw, accompanied by a low-pitched chuckle. 

i don't believe we've met, stranger, the huntress croaked, but, well.. i reckon i wouldn't know anyhow. a joke, meant to alleviate whatever stress he was feeling about her disability. funny how often she had to do that.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When she turned around Sunny realised she was blind. The realization set him at ease and he exhaled not feeling so awkward anymore. His ears flicked at her low voice finding it appealing and he found himself listening intently as she said they hadn't met and joked about her disability causing him to crack a smile "Now I feel even stupider for almost crashing into you" he acknowledged it in a joking way, tone sheepish as he cleared his throat trying to rid himself of the rest of his nervous jitters. "Nope, not before now. I'm Sunny" he introduced himself glad to have met someone he was certain didn't know who he was.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
sunny's voice worked against him, revealing the nerves he'd been trying to conceal. blondine understood and offered a half-smile. i've heard about you, she sighed as she settled into a seat, dawn says you're her brother, but y'ain't got too many memories of her. 

she would wait for him to respond before continuing, y'know what? i've been meaning to come check in on you. another warm laugh, this one vibrating and rattling through her chest, this is as good a time to meet as any, huh?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was probably a good thing that she couldn't see him because he was rattled so hard at being known by name that he was afraid the frustration and fear would show on his expression. Everyone could remember him but himself and it was so weird for him to watch them stare at him with such haunted expectations that he could never give back. He laughed but it fell short ending bitterly "No memories. Of anyone" he felt bad for being such a downer and sighed softly appreciating her effort to be positive. "Check in?" he asked confused before realising it must have been mentioned that he was sick "Are you the medic? Valette kinda took care of me" he said with a smile, shifting from side to side and clearing his throat as he tried to figure out how to reply to her comment about the timing.

"Yeah, It's a pretty good time. Do I get a name?" He asked her in a playful tone, trying to brush past the fact that he was leaving. No shame in ruining a pleasant interaction with his bitter internal emotions.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
i'm blind, blondine sighed, not deaf. she could hear the discomfort in his voice, just as prominent as before. she motioned for him to sit, hoping that it would alleviate some of the pressure he was feeling. 

listening to him speak, she could tell that this was not an easy topic for him to talk about. everyone has something that they'd rather not talk about, she mused, thinking about her own vault of secrets, but baby, if you don't talk about it, how d'you expect to heal?

blondine didn't wait for a response before continuing. so what if y'ain't got memories? are you making new ones? whatever'd happened before the incident, it couldn't be changed now. i am a medic. got more experience with babies, but i figure we can try to work this out. 

c'mere, she cooed. she didn't have eyes to see a wound, but if sunny came close enough, she could use her snout to feel out any wounds or scrars on his head. blondine abernathy. and don't you forget it.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sitting down Sunny gave a small sigh and licked his lips nervously as her words tugged at his heart. "I tried" the words came out sharper than he had intended them to and he cringed quickly apologising as his heart began to race and ears fell back with emotion "I saw Dawn when I was brought here. Ever since she's kinda been absent. My d-" his voice cracked with emotion and he cleared his throat and started to let the words pour out again "My daughter...i'm not sure what to do. In a way she lost her dad and i don't see a mother around so i'm guessing she's either elsewhere or...or dead. and i don't know. I didn't even know my own name" it all came out in a jumbled rush of anxiety and fear. He paused and fixed his gaze upon her "It makes me feel like crap to live in a place surrounded by so many people who remember someone i'm not anymore"

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
blondine sighed and gave a soft shake of her head. hey, c'mere. the words carried the same sharpness as sunny's had, though hers was intentional. have you cried about it? she asked, still waiting for him to come and sit beside her, i'll let you in on a secret.

assuming he conceded and did as he was told, blondine would begin sniffing through the fur atop his crown. my ma always told me that when something bad happens, we're allowed one good cry. a moment of empty silence. it helps get some of that emotion out of you. ain't good to keep it all in.

and once you finish that cry — a deep, pensive breath — make sure you don't cry about it anymore. no pity, no nothing. you just move on with yer life. 

blondine thought for a moment about what more could be said, but found herself somewhat drained. i don't have any magic remedies to get yer memories back, but i've got a lot of wife's wisdom, if ya need it.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
this is gonna be hard to write, cuz I feel so bad you wrote so much.
Note for myself: First reference of what the brain injury did to permanently affect personality
Did he want to cry about it? 

For a few moments he considered stepping into the embrace and letting her coddle him. Imagining what secret she would share that he figured would be emotionally healing or at least would be meant to. His eyes prickled and moistened like he would and then he shook his head, giving her a polite smile "I don't want to. I have a do over here. Whatever I did and whoever I was isn't in my head anymore. Maybe it's a good thing since people seem to...be so..over protective and worried and sad and annoyed in my presence. I have kids. I can be a dad, i... just wont be the one they want and that's whatever" the complete lack of memory and attachment allowed him to think without the emotions though he knew what he should feel or thought he should. It was an impressive difference and his head ached the entire time as echoes of something is wrong haunted his thoughts. Doubts and fear plagued every single decision and he flattened his ears back hoping he didn't sound like an asshole "I'm sorry if that was harsh. I really appreciate the offer but...crying wouldn't help. I don't want to heal...I've already begun to notice more familiarity. It comes and goes. So I know I will eventually. For now...you helped by grounding me here and interrupting me mid flight" he admitted it then, that he had planned on running off and away from his problems. It was really nice that she had stopped him, that she had cared enough to try to give him a shoulder to cry on. It was what he had needed to realise that he didn't need someone to rely on, he was actually a strong wolf. It was his own little discovery and it made him feel much better, displayed in the way he held himself his tail held out not quite near the high arched wagging posture he once had but happy enough. 

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
it appeared that sunny had misunderstood. blondine did want him to cry, and was sure that he eventually would, but she didn't mean in that moment. the only thing she was interested in was the apparent wound atop his head, afforementioned by dawn.

well, it didn't matter much. she didn't mention it, figuring that it was easier to let him keep his manly pride than to correct him during a moment of vulnerability. 

i'll see you around, then, blondine said with a nod, and if that head starts giving you problems, come find me. without waiting to hear him move to leave, the huntress started walking back to her den.