Morningside Cuesta what to name this thread
6 Posts
Ooc — Rocky
All Welcome 
breathing in- he could smell it. here was a land full of wolves. a land smelling of women in heat- the promise of children in spring. it was a place of abundant life, he could tell this much. how following augustus had done him well! here was the promised land, ripe with the tell-tale signs of a spring approaching which would be so nourishing. he would be well-fed, with a soft bed to sleep in and maybe a babe by his side. 

now he stood in a field. not green, not yet- but he could look out across the land with cold grey eyes and imagine the world in color. a moderate snow was drifting through the air and dotting his pelt. he began to trudge into the wilds more and more, in search of precious life.
warning: this character is prone to violence and highly mature themes.
lmk if u want a thread!
19 Posts
Ooc —
It is paradise upon first glance. When one thinks of a winter wonderland, they picture this;  an even cover of snow as far as the eye can see, static air, small flakes falling from the skies and peppering their spine. One can get lost in the scenery.

Augustus knows better. If this was truly paradise, The Savior would have taken refuge here. Her scent went beyond these fields and the man quickly figures out why. One could fall to their doom at any moment.

Thay is why Augustus turns away from the edge and heads back from whence he came. There he spots a familiar face.

Omerus. He offers a warm smile, the same smile he offers all of his precious followers. Tread lightly friend. There is danger ahead.
6 Posts
Ooc — Rocky
a voice hits his ears and he whirls, suddenly knocked out of illusion. shining, beautiful blue eyes- augustus! he practically cries, rushing towards the man eagerly. here was his leader, the one person who could lead him out of suffering and into salvation. of course omerus treated him like a king- for all the things he promised to do, he deserved it. 

the man had offered an ominous word of advice on the land that lay ahead. omerus takes a longing glance back at the plains ahead, before turning his attention back to augustus. the land didn't look dangerous to him- but he trusted the other man's judgement. he nods, wary, as his eyes lose the childlike wonder that had glossed them before. 

quiet now, he pays augustus a curious glance, wondering what the older man was thinking. wh, where are you leading us now? he stutters.
lmk if u want a thread!
19 Posts
Ooc —
Such a poor thing! Omerus was such a nervous, dependent little creature. Augustus wondered how this man had survived without him from time to time. Oh, what does it matter now? He's here, under Augustus's wing. It's the best place to be.

Wherever The Savior goes, he says, tipping his nose towards her trail. She tells me where heaven is and I lead you all there. Come now, walk with me.

He began to walk in the opposite direction, not bothering to check if Omerus was following him. He knew he would follow. How have you been Omerus? Alright I hope.
6 Posts
Ooc — Rocky
TW: pedo. Sorry everyone who reads this, I'm trying to create a character I will happily kill, thank you for understanding

telling him things he's known, of their savior, of the promise. he nods knowingly. it was all familiar by now- the sacrifices, the heaven. sure, it had been scary the first time, when he'd learned what the savior required to do her work. but by now it was routine.

omerus, that lucky boy, had managed to live up until now! some part of him was confident the savior looked fondly upon him; perhaps wanted to save him. or maybe he was not good enough a sacrifice. he was no pure white lamb. he had his own set of serious issues for which he knew no cure, by the age of one he had discovered his black and rotting heart. he had liked a little girl when he was a little boy, and then when he was a little older, and older, until he wondered why his eyes still traced so carefully the figure of small children.

yes, his heart was ice, shriveled and shriveled to the point of no return. perhaps that was how he could follow this devil. omerus could not scorn himself, for he refused to live a life of misery, and so he could not scorn the man who fed his people to the beast. he had promised them paradise, hadn't he? that was good enough for omerus. 

the tawny boy follows augustus obediently, tail lowered like the follower he is. the man asks him how he's been, and he manages, al-alright i guess. a-a little nervous about th-this new place. i-i'm eager to meet n-new people though. what ab-bout you, augustus?
lmk if u want a thread!
19 Posts
Ooc —
New things are frightening, he hummed. Augustus raised his chin to the sky, eyes closed shut. Still humming a little melody. But worry not friend. We are together. We are safe. Nothing will harm you.

We, we, we. His mind strays for a moment. There was much less of them now. Their Savior had grown more hungry this winter. Augustus pushes away the prickling dread. There would always be desperate wolves in need of guiding. So long as they existed, as they kept trickling into their fold, they would never die. I'm eager to meet some locals as well. I'm sure they will need somewhere to stay. It's a good thing we've come along, aye?

Augustus looked at his dear follower. Well, spring is just around the corner. It's got me excited. He swept over the snow-covered fields with his eyes. Warm weather, clear skies, more life. It's a wonderful thing.
6 Posts
Ooc — Rocky
omerus nods eagerly at his words, like a nervous little brown-noser. sp-spring makes me excited, too. the season of life... th-the flowers will bloom again. and the s-season of b-birth. he licked his lips like a reflex, but it was much more than that. i l-love seeing all those little puppies around. he chuckles innocently, with a little shake of his head. 

s-so augustus, you intend on recruiting then? he asks, though it was more of a statement really. he was eager for new blood among them- there had been others, whose company he had enjoyed. but they were long gone now, and their group was dwindling. as much as he would like to make friends, he was also eager to gain more offerings. of course he loved- and feared- the savior, but he also valued his life. he would readily sacrifice his new friends before letting himself fall into the jaws of the beast.
lmk if u want a thread!
19 Posts
Ooc —
Yes, they're truly a blessing to have around. His mind wanders to his own children. It feels like ages since he had last seen their innocent little faces. Most were dead. They had humbly sacrificed themselves to The Savior for the good of the group. The few that were alive were the cowards that ran. They would never see paradise.

Of course. I'll be scouting tomorrow. And if you run into anyone, be sure to tell them about us. He didn't want anyone to miss their opportunity.

After a moment's pause, he adds, Would you like to have them one day? Puppies?