Morningside Cuesta And I fear no evil, 'cause I'm blind to it all.
what is the colour of night?
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Read Only 
Tag for reference!  <3

For far too long, he'd been afraid.

Afraid to disappoint, to look back or even forward, to let go, to feel, to breathe.

For too long, he'd been suffocating - and he was so, so tired.

Venamis didn't recognise the fresh determination that gripped him that morning, but he did acknowledge the concern that encouraged him to stay. They will follow me,came his own cruel thoughts often, they will find me, torture me, kill me. He had tried so hard to be valuable to @Merrick who, in the end, had looked to him as the pawn his parents had created him to be.

He knew that now.

His life was a sad story built on emotional abuse, abandonment - a lost cause to all who knew him. No one had ever truly cared for his welfare, and to be aware of this only fueled his rage for those who'd cast him aside. So Venamis Melonii, hurt and angry, slipped away from the valley for one last time. He vanished in broad daylight, picked his way through unfamiliar territory until he reached the Eastern edges of the cuesta when he finally looked back over a dark shoulder.

It was a day that would change his life. Pale eyes took in the Wintry scene behind him one last time, before he huffed a frustrated sigh. When next he would roam the Teekons, it would be to take them for himself. He would find each who'd wronged him and bring them to their knees. He would conquer the world, all by himself, and all those who ever hurt him would suffer for it.

Maybe not now, but someday he would make sure of it.

Venamis looked ahead again and, reminding himself that there was nothing more for him there, he stepped quietly into what was sure to be a far better new beginning.

sanguine, my brother