Whitebark Stream I'll unwrap my fingers, free my foot and run away
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Storm Whitebark was coaxed into consciousness by Dawn's grooming. She stirred under her mother's touch, feeling overwhelmed suddenly by the sheer notion of awareness; all she could think to do was to produce a heartbreaking wail with her first breath. Once adequately cleaned, Storm was placed at Dawn's side, surrounded by those who had kept her company in utero. 

Calmed by both the warmth of her company and the aroma of milk, Storm's cries were subdued to gentle, pleasing grunts as she scooted closer to Dawn's side. Following the scent, she found a teat and feasted greedily. Milk spilled from out of the corners of Storm's mouth, streaming down her body; the mess did not deter her from eating. Concluding her meal only when she was entirely satisfied with her fill, Storm quieted. 

Repositioning herself amongst her siblings, and resting her head upon @Winter's back, Storm fell asleep; life wasn't so bad, after all.
russian & common
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll unwrap my fingers, free my foot and run away - by Storm - March 27, 2020, 09:14 AM