Blacktail Deer Plateau I was young once and battle born
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Peregrine just for you before he dies :D

Golden orbs opened up as night descended on the plateau and dark crippled body stood to his feet and he looked around. He was restless as of late, his breathing and rest erratic and practically non existent. He wheezed once as he struggled to his feet, the arthritis and the dysplasia eating his joints and hips from the inside out. He struggled to walk a few feet, to work the numbness and the stumble out of his step. He sighed and hung his grizzled head, he did not know how much longer he could hang on for the pack and his daughter. He was trying for them all, those that wanted his stories and knowledge, his daughter and foster granddaughter that wanted his love. It was a lot on his former broad shoulders, now stooped with age and gray.

He made it to the edge of the plateau and sat down stretching as his body cracked and popped and made funny noises, that he only attributed to age. He was old, older than he ever thought he’d live most of the men he had known dying young and in battle.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
A dead weasel hung from Peregrine's jaws as he loped along the borders, having made a lucky strike mid-patrol. He meant to take it to Atticus, yet when he spotted Sun Spark seated nearby, he made a split second decision and headed toward the elderly male. He approached with a friendly kink in his tail, gently setting the slain weasel at the Xi's feet.

"Sun Spark," he said in way of respectful greeting, "how are you?"
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark lifted grizzled head as he heard footfalls and looked at the weasel that had been lain at his feet. Dem dere der hard ta catch aren’t dey. He lifted steely gaze to the boy, though he was old knowledge and fire still burned in his yellow orbs. He averted his gaze quickly so as to not show disrespect, after all he was old, but he was still a subordinate. Hello Peregrin’ His accent eating the boys name a little bit.

He shifted arthritic body and chuckled it’s awful late fir a young man such as yerself ta be out an’ ‘bout tis it not? His tail thumped on grassy knoll as he smiled at the young man that took care of his daughter for him.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"These? Nah. He practically jumped into my mouth while I was making my rounds," Peregrine quipped with a gentle smile. As he spoke, he reclined on his haunches, facing the careworn old timer. "Happened about five minutes ago. Enjoy it while it's still fresh," he coaxed.

The Xi's remark made Peregrine tip his head to the side and laugh quietly. "It is nearing my bedtime and Fox will be wondering where I am." Silently, he added, Actually, she'll probably just think I'm with Lasher and enjoy a quiet evening alone. "Do you need any help makin' your way to bed or anything?" the Alpha male asked, hoping he wouldn't offend Sun Spark with the suggestion.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
THough Sun Spark was not hungry, most food didn't sit right with him anymore he bent his grizzled head and took a bite anyway. Thank you m'boy. He gave the youth a smile after chewing and swallowing.

Sun Spark chuckled and shook his head no No son i'm ole' no' dead yet. his golden eyes laughed at the boy with gentle ease. He knew he was dying, did not want anyone walking on eggshells around him, it was a way of life you lived you died, simple. So did yo' know dat most warriors of ole' were also lovers of men, even the Spartan soldier wolves. he chuckled letting that fall into the boys head.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His lips twitched and he gave Sun Spark an apologetic smile. The old timer's next remark was so unexpected that Peregrine, whose eyes had dropped momentarily to his forepaws, looked sharply at his face. The chuckle indicated a total lack of judgment on Sun Spark's part. Peregrine abruptly wondered whether his parents would've spoken so easily on the subject. Mo would've just made lots of jokes about butt sex, he quipped inwardly.

"I did not know that," Peregrine replied, his tone and the look in his eye inviting Sun Spark to, Tell me more.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun spark had no misgivings about sex and gender. He himself had never had any male lovers, but he had loved males as deeply as he loved his wife. Some of them his best friends, when you fought next to those males, when you were forced to live with them day in and day out, far away from your wives it was not uncommon, and you were bound by blood and death, and sometimes you needed that embrace just to get you through. So, no Sun Spark did not care for secret lines of male on male or female on female or all three he didn’t, sometimes there were no bounds to the way you loved and who you loved.

It was no uncommon m’boy. Dey were all alone wif not but boys an’ men, even the strongest of us all needs to know he’s needed. Dey were baptized in blood an’ War an’ held many secrets. Sometimes w’en dat war comes ta call. Yo’ jest need dat embrace from a brother of war, someone who can relate, someone who saw the same t’ing you did someone who needs it as much as you do. he grew quiet then contemplative he could tell him of the great warrior Achilles and his lover Patroclus.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Sun Spark regaled him with a tradition of blood, brotherhood and homo-eroticism. Peregrine listened curiously. Lasher could've fallen right out of an epic poem but the Alpha male himself was not so classical in his ways. He didn't share any sort of baptismal bond with his lover. Honestly, he couldn't say what drew him to Lasher. He was handsome, selfless, mysterious and many other things which had made Peregrine fall in love with him. He also sucked a good dick but Peregrine wasn't about to mention this to the old man.

"I don't know why but the last person I'd expect to accept my lifestyle would be an older wolf." He shrugged. Why should that be, anyway? It wasn't as if they were humans, who divided themselves into conservatives and liberals, with the older generations tending toward the former. "It's good to know you don't find it that strange. You don't seem questioning or judgmental at all." He paused. "Your daughter takes after you in that way, you know."
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The old man's lips twitched, though he had never known a male lover, he knew what they were capable of, he had seen it, been around it. It didn't bother him in the least. A man knows 'nother man better dan a woman cause dey have the same parts. he grew quiet then a small twinkle in his eye. He didn't know what the male had been keeping silent, but he wasn't a shy male and he figured he was about to die anyway so why censor himself. His wife god bless her soul wasn't here to yell at him. You tell ma daug'ter I says dat an' well my boy i'll have ta take ya down a peg or two. He chuckled he was only teasing the youth.

Sun spark's eyes glowed hotter at the pride in his daughter. Yes I know. My gal she a good gal a very good gal. She is ever'thin' good i've eva had. he grew quiet, he loved his sons, but they had taken after him temper wise too they were hot headed and adventurous and some what rash. Blue she was calm and stoic and sweet and kind, his good virtues and her mother's too.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"I can attest to that," Peregrine said, then cleared his throat and smiled sheepishly. He didn't feel the need to elaborate. Whether or not Sun Spark felt comfortable with the subject matter—and whether Peregrine took men or women as his lovers—he wasn't about to get into graphic detail about his sex life.

"What do you mean?" he questioned, honestly not understanding the old timer's joke about his daughter. "Do you not feel the same way about a same-sex female pairing?" he wondered, certain he'd misunderstood but still curious if Sun Spark felt any differently about lesbians than gays.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun threw his head back and laughed You m'boy do dis ole ticker some good. yessir youse do. Sun was fine with the subject at hand it didn't bother him. He chuckled quietly then, slowly working his laughter down. The boys sheepish grin was enough to make the male laugh.

Sun chuckled harder no m'boy i'm fine wif it. I was merely meanin' in case you haven' notice ma daug'ter she's not very open about sexual things an' if she knew i was jokin as such, well let's just say the very heavens would fall upon my head wif her wraf. He shook his head a disarming smile on his face, he was the happiest he'd been in some time, this place was good for his soul as old and dying as it was.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Ah," Peregrine said. "She's a modest girl. But I think any daughter would blush if she overheard her old man talking about sex, don't you think?" the Alpha added with a chuckle. Sun Spark's laughter was infectious.

A moment later, he sobered somewhat and mused, "You know, it's sad because she fell in love with my brother, who had an accident not long ago. He's alive but catatonic. She honors him like a husband, though. Just as it's probably hard for a daughter to hear her pops talk about sex, I'm sure you don't want to think of your little girl in that capacity. But it bums me out, thinking she might not get her chance at love and motherhood because of what happened."
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark laughed until he couldn't laugh anymore, it hurt. Modes' ya say. Modes' my daug'ter is damn near a prude dere me boy, but her mother gods rest her soul was even worse. I coul' get 'er ta unwin' but dat's not for such ears as yorn. Blue gets that aspec' from 'er modder. Sun spark thought of his beautiful Spring flower it had taken him days to get her to just touch him with her nose, and lets not even get started on actual mating...he was willing to bet two of her season's went by before she left him near her, and that was not easy thing for a man to do. Not really, but it was at least one.

Sun spark frowned ah yes Atticus, met him once, befo' he realize' he was in love wif ma daug'ter. Po' boy. Dat's just like ma blue dough just like 'er. She would do dat, make sure he's okay befo' she think of herself. An' if she has a lil bit of 'ope even just a smidge, well she won't give up on 'im. She's as stubborn as da day is long. It's a shame.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine chuckled when Sun Spark called out his own daughter as a prude. It was sort of true, though he always found it to be an endearing feature. He doubted that the Beta female's old man was coming down on her, either. It sounded like Blue Willow took after her late mother.

"It is a shame but only because I'm not that hopeful for a recovery," Peregrine agreed. He made no mention of the ideas floating around both in his head and others' regarding volunteer sires. It didn't seem appropriate to discuss with her father. And the Alpha male realized with a twinge that Sun Spark was unlikely to survive the winter anyway, so he would never see Blue Willow's pups if she had any come spring.

"I think love will find her yet," Peregrine mused. "Someone that sweet... life won't shortchange her that way. As her honorary brother, I won't let it."
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark meant no harm by calling his daughter such a name. And besides that it was true. Ain’t nothing happen to anybody that told the truth. Which wasn’t entirely true, but he liked to believe it was. And Blue had nothing on her mother, nothing at all.

Sun Spark frowned, oh dat is ‘ard m’boy, ‘specially since it yir brotha. Don’t you worry dough if anyone kin git ‘im out of ‘is comertose state. It’s ma little Tree. Sun Spark probably would not have taken to the idea of other men siring any of his grandchildren, especially since he was a traditional man when it came to babies. When there were babies, well you stayed with the woman it was that simple. Sometimes he knew it didn’t work out, but you tried like hell to make it work.

Sun Spark chuckled Well I’m glad she’ll be daken care of, when I leave dis world fir da next.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine boobed bobbed his head rather absently. He knew Sun Spark was right: if there was any possibility of recovery for Atticus, it would be Blue Willow's deft hands that guided him out of his catatonia. The Alpha male didn't hold out hope for that, though, and it had nothing to do with lacking faith in the Healer. He simply couldn't afford to put his heart on the line that way.

"Of course," he said modestly to Sun Spark's latter comment, dipping his head respectfully. Although he wouldn't be looking after Blue Willow in a romantic capacity, Peregrine would nonetheless be there for her, always. He hoped this knowledge put Sun Spark at ease as he neared the end of his life.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark chuckled at his head bob. I'm glad my daug'ter kin 'elp you an' your family son. Sun was very glad actually. He had done the best that he could for his daughter. Given her the best skills he could, he had always been afraid he hadn't done enough, but if she was this well liked and they had faith in her abilities well then she'd be fine and he'd done alright. He hadn't always been the best, neither had her mama been, but they had tried.

Sun Spark sighed in slight relief Thank you son. I worry 'bout dat somet'ing awful. I can leave wit' ease now m'boy yessir. Sun looked to the sky, he was glad his daughter would be taken care of, it made him happier and his heart lighter. His daughter would be okay now without him, she'd be just fine. Not that she wouldn't have been if she hadn't had the wolves of this pack. She had traveled here on her own forged her own way, but it wasn't that simple for a father to just stop worrying and hoping.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Just don't go too easily into that good night, sir," Peregrine quipped lightly. Although he was glad to put Sun Spark at ease, he didn't want to feel responsible if the old timer decided tonight was the night, based solely on the Alpha male's words.

"I have a question. Just, ah, slap my wrist if it's out of line. But... when you've passed, are there any particular arrangements you'd like us to make? Would you prefer to be buried in any particular place? Or should we just leave everything up to Blue Willow's discretion?" he inquired softly. It was a delicate matter but Peregrine just wanted to make sure they accommodated any of Sun Spark's last requests.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark laughed under his breath. I 'ave a few days lef' m'boy. Da body's tired, but da 'eart an' soul i'n't. It's da wander lus' m'boy da wander lus' he grew quiet and just sat and watched the night creatures come to life. Lightning bugs dancing and he bet if he looked real close some of them might just be fairies.

Sun Spark looked at the swarthy male before a glint in his eye. If I 'ad m'way i'd die amongst ma brot'as in arms, but I'm ta old fir battle. I don' really care m'boy, once ma soul is gone, well my body is not'in' more dan a shell. I'm partial ta grassy hills, i like to sit on dem and look out over the lan'. That was the closest he would get to an answer. He didn't really care what they did with him, they could eat him for all he cared, cause once his soul was gone, well there would be nothing left that made him, him.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Sun Spark didn't have any grand visions for his funeral, though he mentioned a preference for grassy hills with a view. If they buried him near Pied, he would be on a small slope at the territory's rear, overlooking the whole plateau. And the plateau would have its own little graveyard. Thinking about it made him suddenly giddy all over again that the other remains buried there did not belong to Osprey Jr.

"I'll keep that in mind," Peregrine said to the old timer. He wasn't sure where to take the conversation from here. It was growing late, though the Alpha male wasn't about to be the first to leave. He would only head to bed once Sun Spark himself was ready to find a place to rest his head for the night.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark shifted and turned back towards the center of the pack lands. Well I guess dis ole man will 'ead ta bed. T'ank you fir da nig'ttime conversation m'boy.He shuffled along, slowly, his body a slow amble as he went towards the center of the pack lands. He was old and infirm and he was starting to hate it. He would be glad to enter into the death's abyss.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Sure," Peregrine answered easily, dipping his muzzle. He almost asked if he could help, yet remembered Sun Spark's words from earlier and resisted. His eyes followed the old man, nonetheless, as he hobbled away into the woods. Peregrine had a feeling it would be one of the last times he saw him alive. "Good night, old timer."