Northstar Vale and I told you to be balanced
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 

The druid broke through the surface tension, a soft gasp pulling through rosebud lips as she blinked the water from her pale eyes. 

For a moment, she merely bobbed there - hind paws curling and flexing against the harsh gravel of the streambed - allowing the cool water to relax the sore muscles throbbing along her length. The pools of the cherry grove seemed too peaceful, too sacred, for bathing so it was here that the healer had begun taking her dips in the evening, washing away the filth accumulated in her gardens. 

As the sun shifted slowly through the sky, dissapearing behind the forest and preparing to crest over the Vale's eastern walls, heralding twilight's approach, Awen treaded back to the banks, shaking the diluge from her pelt. 

It was then that she heard it, a shrill, indignant screeching, a cherp, cherp, cherping! 

Following the unfamiliar sound, the pale hart would pause in surprise, a single paw lifting from the ground as her gaze lit upon the ruined nest. 

Perhaps it had been knocked out of the canopy by a wayward squirrel, or maybe by the elements. Perhaps they were the victim of some predatory tragedy. 

The sight that greeted her was that of a broken home, twigs only vaguely resembling the doting bird's nest it had once been. Three downy grey nestlings, starlings it appeared, blinked tiny black jewels at her - yellow beaks opening wide to croak in dismay once more, upset at being splashed by the artificial rainfall of Hui's coat. 

A fourth lay silent and twisted from the fall, a sight that pierced the gentle mother's heart and led her to paw a few branches and a tiny mound of burial dirt over the unfortunate baby. 

Only a few feathers remained to tell the tale of mama bird, and it was in that instant that Fen knew what must be done. 

"Oh, little ones," she whispered soothingly, gently nosing the nest back together so she might carry the orphaned starlings back to her practice amongst the groves. 

"I vill have to fin' ye something to eat.." 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."