Meadowlark Prairie i've been seeing lonely people in crowded rooms
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
@Will-o'-the-Wisp feel free to hop in this if you'd like! @Hime "Her voice startled birds from the trees; starlings which shrieked in unison and took wing to safety." - to kick around as a toy. (Totally stealing from this little gem.)

With the trickle of idle summer days came the slow progression of the corvid's healing. The darkling entrusted to the druid's studious care remained silent, for the most part, though she did not seem overly perturbed by the delay in her own unspoken plans. 

In time, the survivalist deemed it safe to travel and embarked south once more - endlessly seeking, growing to feel entrapped and anxious as they appeared to be nearing the never ending horizons of Teekon's wilds. 

Something heavy hung over her shoulders, despite the lack of her typical wrap and the weight of her medicines, as the halfling forged on - slowing as the tall grass and birdsong engulfed her presence. A dread or hopelessness mayhaps, a suspicion that she may never reach the shimmering mirage of safe harbor. 

For a moment's respite as the sun grew higher, the day hotter, the midwife took the time to settle upon her haunches in rest - pale circlet tipping back to meet the sunlight as her moon gaze fell shut. 

The twittering screeches of raspy songs drove them to reopen, lighting upon the sight of two fluttering shadows dancing through the sky - Awenfen's sensitive eyes wincing and squinting against the flashes as the light eclipsed in shuddering waves. 

When they had flown closer and her eyes had adjusted, a wide grin spread over her lips and laughter burst from her lips. The druid mimicked the starlings calls beckoningly as she pranced joyously, excitement in her voice as she called out to the birds - her feathery children. 

"What took you so long?" 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."