Bitterroot Valley Yeah, right. What're you gonna do, punch me?
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
He had gone north this time, again on his quest. Though the land he traversed was flat, open, and flowered, it felt ominous. Mostly because he did remember the dark cloud that had at one time come from the nearby volcano. Sometimes it still smoked a little. It was enough to put him on edge, but Spook couldn't go and abandon the duties he'd assigned himself. He had to do stuff for the good of the pack! He just wished whatever there was out there was on his side.

After the Whitebark girl's visit, he thought a little bit more about the flowers here, but just because they were here didn't mean he knew anything about them. Spook was the sort who if everything came alive and suddenly tried to devour him like the plants in Jumanji, he wouldn't be surprised -- scared to heck, but not surprised. Best to see ghosts where there were none, just in case.

And so, his traipsing about was a little tentative, but he still tried to see if someone might be out here today.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Célnes desired to see where the smoke had laid, but @Fréobearnn was adament to avoid it. She thought the chance of it being a fire was so small, that more curiosity grew within the elken woman. Especially so, once she had met a man near a boulder, who gave her a bit more courage to be brave amongst the unknown. He did so without knowing, but it was still a pleasant meeting.

Her sister didn't want to further injuries in case it was a fire, or something more. The area was near a mountain where surely with their singed sides, would hurt to travel upon. So the Déorwine woman promised, she would avoid the land for now, and started to make her way around.

Surprise though, Célnes found a beautiful land of vivid colors. Peachy, pumpkin eyes looked upon it pleased with the vibrancy of the land.. Though sticking out, looked like a black and white young man. Not wanting to disturb his peace, the sylph bent down to enrapture herself in the flowers.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Oh he didn't trust it. Maybe in a few more years it'd begin to seem safe, but all he could think of was that the flowers were some sort of fake lure. Like it wanted him to stay so that the mountain could kill him. Nobody let the poor kid watch Wizard of Oz, ok? The flying monkeys would do him in.

However, now as he looked across again, he spotted a blip on the horizon that he hadn't noticed before. Darkish brown, like bare earth. He scuttled forward, careful through the plants, watchful, kind of cautious as always. As he got closer, he called out, Um! Hello? Because Spook, unlike her, didn't think there'd be anything wrong with stopping to talk to anyone. They were there, so he would go talk. As he got closer, he noticed she seemed maybe... A little patchy? It was hard for him to tell quite yet.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
the mood you lose a post.

Célnes was going to keep to herself, leaving the other in peace. A quiet partnership of the land, and she hoped wouldn't be an issue, as the elken woman was a foreigner. Though the other came over, and with a greeting to add, she did so back, "hello there." Vivid eyes glanced around, as she continued to speak, "it's beautiful." Her own home of course, had flowers, wisteria and the variety, but not of these. It was always interesting to see the different kinds.

"Do you live around here?" The Déorwine asked. She knew the wilds held a variety of groups, but she did not know where. The more information the better- she was loosely scouting out. Eventually she knew her family would need move, to get safety for wounds and to figure out what to do now that their home was burned to a crisp. Options, were vastly wanted.

244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Spook nodded, Mhm. I don't think I've been over here before.. Or uh, if I had, it looked way different then. The joys of the difference of the seasons. He paused and looked around at the flowers. Yeah. It was nice, but flowers still didn't mean much to him. Would Pheiros know what they were? Would they be useful for medicine? Maybe he should bring one back...

Yeah -- well, no, not right here obviously. But like. My family is south of here a ways? Not that far. Are you out here on your own? A tip of his head. He couldn't smell to tell where he was -- flowers probably didn't help with that -- and didn't want to go barging towards some stranger more than he already had. I'm Spook. He seemed to be doing a bit better at this than normal. Maybe he was learning? Maybe not.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Different?" She questioned, not being aware he was referencing the change of seasons. Many flowers did change, and wilt upon the seasons shifting, some even bloomed within ones others do not. Winter was rare for the blossoming, but occasionally, a few do come forward.

"I see, a pack, I assume?" He smelled of many, and normally that would indicate not just a group, but a pack with full members. She was curious, wanting to know what was around, and asking for more information, "ah, my family is currently located in the forest in the north." Though they were only a triad, there was no pack. Just family.

244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah um. We didn't live up here until winter. I think I saw over here then. Or if it wasn't, it was similar enough that he imagined he'd seen it -- just flat or rolling wastes under a blanket of white. But he probably had been paying more attention to the mountain above, which would have been smoking more then.

He nodded, Yeah. My mom made the pack and stuff. Legion. So like we're there with my siblings and um, others. A pause, pondering, Are the forests up there nice? I really haven't been much farther north than this. He hadn't had a reason to. He still didn't have a reason to, he needed to stay home so that he could help his mom.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
She patiently listened to the boy, as he gave her details on his home-life. She had learned there was a pack nearby, however he did not smell like the man Célnes met a while ago, and assumed it was a different pack. 'Legion,' was an interesting name, and seemed more family-based like her own.

"It is large," she said, "but I wouldn't say 'nice,' it's more.. Neutral," she tried to explain how the bracken woods was. Large as it was, it was cold, and thorny, "it is not welcoming- but neither does it push you away." But it was enough for the Déorwine's, as eventually they would move.

244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
So, not a raving review, it sounded like. Just a forest. It existed. Would it be similar to the others nearby? The grove? The maplewood? What about back at the creek and the forest there? It hadn't seemed quite what he remembered when he and Pheiros had headed back there...

I'm trying to picture it. I was born in a forest. I went back there recently. It was kind of weird, not familiar and nice like the way I saw it before. I wonder if would seem the way you're describing if I hadn't known it before. Maybe I'll end up going up there some day though... Are you guys gonna stay there? It had sounded a little uncertain. He didn't want to intrude, not that Spook suspected he'd be going that far any time soon. He was just being friendly. Or.. something. He was bad at the whole talking thing.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Temporary," she said, not giving an estimate. There was no telling when the trio would move, especially so with the burns they held. There wasn't much to their wishes, for they focused on finding Kendrick more of all. It was the most important factor to the family, "we are looking for a particular wolf," she said, hoping to give details, "he is a brown wolf, with pink eyes similar to my own, and spots on his back."

"Have you seen such a wolf?" Célnes doubted the wolf had seen him, mostly due to his tones.. She wasn't sure if Kendrick would reveal himself to the unblessed, but it was worth a try.

244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He nodded, Okay. Well, if I go up there and you guys aren't there I'll run into you somewhere else in the future or something. An awkward smile. He was trying to be friendly and it seemed like a friendly thing to say, but Spook was pretty much an awkward turtle by nature. He was learning. Maybe.

Pink eyes? That sounded weird. Had he ever seen anyone with pink eyes before? Didn't think so, so shook his head, I haven't. Would they have been way far ahead of you? I've been doing a lot of exploring around and haven't run into anyone that looks like that south of here at least... Maybe they went east or west? He didn't know.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Destiny will always find us a way to meet," she said to the yearling. Though she doubted to see him again, and simply said so to please. At the moment they laid no claim to any Pack, but Célnes couldn't deny that perhaps it was a suitable idea. He was an option, but there was another she particulary had in mind for a later date.

"I see..." Another disappointing lead, "i'm not sure how far he would have gone." Though west, was perhaps the best she would get. Anything south-wise seemed to have no seen her brother, she thought it gave at least some sort of help. They wouldn't have to needlessly head that way anymore.

"I will not disturb you anymore, as I must be getting back soon. Ah, by the way, my name is Célnes Déorwine, a pleasure."

244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He gave it a thought. She made it sound pretty. It made destiny seem good. For once. Didn't excuse it taking away his father, making his brother disappear again... He smiled again, also awkward, That sounds nice.

He was trying to think of some other thing to say, but she continued. Oh. So it was over then? He was really bad at talking, wasn't he? Maybe it was his fault. Well, um. It was nice to meet you. If I run into him I'll tell him I've seen you?  What else could he offer? That was it, pretty much. It sounded lame. And well, it hadn't seemed like she was too interested in following him home anyway, but if her family changed their mind she'd know where to find Legion? Probably? He really did need to figure out how to do this better.

Just the same he wagged his tail, trying to make the best of it all. He'd stick around a little bit. Maybe he could meet someone else...
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
The elken woman smiled at the yearling, as they said farwell. He was a bit awkward, but seemed sweet enough, "I appreciate it." Célnes hasn't met many there were not of Deorwine, but she has had her clash of loners within their forests. Unfamialrity, and a scare to what they did not know.

Though many who were not blessed like herself and siblings alike, they were generally nice so far.