Whitebark Stream Ring the Bells
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Forward-dated to July 25, midday

Dante moved. He moved like he had never moved before. He moved like the wind itself was surging through his veins, propelling him forward over the terrain between him and the stream he sought out. Fire seemed to tear at his lungs and his chest heaved with effort, but the young man never strayed from his path, breaks kept as infrequent as possible. Even when the shadows of night began to sink their claws into the sunlight, the little mouse kept on his journey, the words of his wisp running through his mind. By the time Dante had passed the forest Lumiya had spoken of, he ached. Soreness seeped through every joint and his eyes were slightly raw from his lack of sleep and the sweeping winds that had battered his faced as he'd traveled.

It was all worth it though, every scratch and sore, every irritated joint, when he heard the ever-so-faint sound of distant, rushing water. His head flew up from where it had been poised lowly as he had trotted, the yearling's tired mind rising to alertness once again. He finally slowed as he met the border, sure to heed the scent markers carefully. Though Lumiya seemed to know the leadership of the pack, Dante had yet to see for himself if they were peaceful, and now more than ever he took great caution in engaging with strangers. 

His mind flicked back to Lumiya's words as he sent up a call, his voice clear and resounding despite the exhaustion that ran through him. He had been instructed to find @Artyom , and find him he would. Despite the focus he tried to maintain, Dante couldn't help but allow his thoughts to stray back to the silver woman as he waited on the border. He wondered if she had recovered some of the strength she had been lacking when he left her. Gods he wanted to get back, to keep his love well and support her through the stress that had overtaken her during the tumultous times they faced. He would come back with news of some hope, should all go well with Whitebark, and perhaps ease her worried mind.

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Once more, Whitebark Stream suffered. With the loss of pack-mates occurring far too often for his liking, Artyom quietly considered his options as he observed his pups that afternoon. While Dawn had informed him of her departure and assured her return, the gilded ranger's worry heightened with each passing day. 

I should never have let her go alone.

Earthen eyes closed over, and he reminded himself to breathe. What if the hakf-breed had found her, assaulted her in the same manner as he'd harmed sweet Aphrodite? Artyom already pinned blame on this beast for Surya's absence, further fuelling a rage he'd never experienced before.

It's my job to protect them.

He blinked up, toward his nearby brood as they harassed @Daylily, and felt emotion close around his throat. A call from the outskirts distracted him and, eager for news, left the youngsters under his pack-mate's watch to greet their newest visitor.

The yearling he found at his borders was a willowy creature, long-legged and lean with mercury furs. Curious, the golden Alpha pricked his ears forward and slowed his pace. "I am Artyom," he informed, feeling fear creep into his gut. Why else would this wolf have come specifically for him, if not to tell of further misfortune? 

102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Not long after his call had rung out did a pallid figure draped in flaxen tones approach his waiting place, pulling Dante from his wandering thoughts. The young man stood at attention as the stranger spoke, his voice curled with an accent that caught Dante's ear, introducing himself as exactly the man he'd been sent to find. Relief bloomed throughout his chest, the mouse visibly untensing where he stood. Thank gods. 

Artyom, s'a pleasure, mate. You're part of the leadership, here, right? Or I was told your partner is, I suppose that makes- the young man cut himself off abruptly, shaking his head before meeting the other's gaze once again. Now was no time for rambling; he needed to get the message across and get back to defend Seelie as soon as possible. Forgive me, I digress. I've been sent by Lumiya, our- Seelie Court's- leader. We, and some of our allies to the West are in grave need of assistance. There's a- a man, Donovan, the name was spat from his mouth like it was poisonous, his brow furrowed as he continued, Do not, under any circumstances allow him- or his saints - near your packmates. They've encroached on our territories and've already done harm to several members of our sister packs. If we're- as it is, we don't know if we can stop them on their own and their violent actions are likely to spread if we can't,  the boy blew out a breath then, his head dropping down to face the ground momentarily. When he found the other's eyes once again, his face was stern but pleading, urgency flashing through his features.

I- I'm aware this is...It's a lot to ask, but Lumiya wouldn't ask if she didn't believe it was truly neccessary. He's dangerous, and he doesn't care how his actions affect those who have already settled here. Your support in this could mean the difference between our Faeries' displacement and wellbeing, his stomach curled with something awful at the notion; Dante had finally found home, only for it to be endangered by the reckless actions of someone determined to spread calamity. He could only hope his desperation would get through to the man before him. Oh, he chuckled tiredly as an afterthought, I'm Dante, by the way, his wry smile was dulled by exhaustion and fear, but there nonetheless. First impressions...right?

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Sorry! I thought I'd responded to this, lol.

He nodded smoothly, wordlessly confirming the other's assumption on his position of leadership and making no move to comment on Dawn's. His mate, despite having stepped formally down from her role to ensure the best start in life for their young brood, was still very much Alphess in Artyom's eyes. 

The yearling carried on, sharing that he'd come on behalf of Lumiya. While Artyom's gilded ears pricked in recognition at the name, the stranger carried on - straight to the point on his reason for seeking Whitebark's rulers. Another name rolled from his tongue, one that the ranger recalled more vividly, and his lip twitched in an effort to bite back the anger that bloomed. "The wolfdog," he rumbled, eager to share his pack's own misfortune; "he... assaulted, one of our own. A healer," dark eyes narrowed, he remembered Aphrodite's distress, "in neutral territory while she foraged for herbs. Our packmate, Surya, disappeared more recently. "

A softness in him at the mention of his young comrade who'd vanished beyond the mountains. "I fear Donovan might be also responsible for this."

His thoughts turned to Dawn, off in attempt to pursue Surya's trail where Aphrodite claimed it ended, and he stifled a shudder. He had not wished to see her go alone, but the Queen had insisted that she coukd track best alone and without distraction.

"Dante," he said, having let the boy conclude, "we are not home to warriors here in Whitebark Stream. Our numbers consist of hunters and healers - and our young." Artyom hummed, contemplative, and despite knowing that the turmoil by the half-breed had to be stopped, his focus remained primarily with his beloved. He was not comfortable making such a bold decision without her input. "I want to help, but I'm not sure what we could offer. Let me discuss it with my mate on her return, and I will seek audience with Lumiya with an answer."

102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
No problem:))

Dante's neck prickled at the toher's words- though he was unsurprised by the adversity the other had faced at the actions of Donovan, but a cold dread crawled through his belly nonetheless. They'd reached further than Dante had initially thought, and the idea of their misery extending it's claws any further...well, it wasn't exactly a mirthful notion. 

I'm sorry, about your packmate, I mean. I'll be sure to inform Seelie of his disappearance, we'll keep an eye out for any hostages they might possess,his voice was solemn, quiet, but solidarity colored his words, his head bobbing in a slight nod, his eyes dropping mometarily to his paws as he pondered just how much destruction one band of wolves could cause. 

His gaze was quickly redirected back to the alpha ahead of him as his name was spoken, and he awaited the man's next words with apprehension. The answer the man offered was somewhat near what Dante had expected, and he understood fully Artyom's hesitance. Dante himself was a sorely inexperienced fighter, and he too cared deeply for the wellbeings of the gentle packmates he resided with. 

Understood, absolutely. Thank you, Artyom, for your time. I must be getting back to Seelie now, but I will inform Lumiya that you will be in contact, he hesitated then, muscles jerking to turn around before he stopped himself, giving the leader one last look. On behalf of Seelie Court, we would greatly appreciate your solidarity in this matter, but should you not be able to aid us in this, our court will stand by you regardless. Thank you, again

With that, the young man offered a final, tired smile before padding off on sore paws, anxious as ever to return home.