Little Goat Mountain whereas the Mushroom Kingdom Federal Reserve doesn't exist
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
@Lunaria I backdated one day to allow for somewhat realistic travel. Let me know if I need to change anything!

reference
Date: August 7th
Time of Day: Midday
Cloud Cover: Cloudy
Precipitation: None
Temperature: 63 °F 
Wind Speed / Direction: 8 mph / Southwesterly  
Viewing Distance: 10 mi

for once the rains stilled, but the sky was still cloudy and the air murky. he pulled himself out of his newest hidey-hole and stretched out on a rock. it wasn't warm enough to really dry him off, which sucked ass. now he just felt more sticky. gross. 

he looked up and his eyes did the cat thing as he peered at the white, fluffy things bounding on the rock-faces down below him. food? he hadn't done the hunting thing yet. they seemed to be enjoying the dryness too. benry licked his chops.
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
This should be A-okay

Being surrounded by such colossal mountains for a few days now, the sight of such a small one hidden amongst the rest was amusing to say the least. The atmosphere in these parts of the sunspire's today were also nice and whafty (and not at all hot) — just the way she preferred things to be. Hell, maybe the rainy weather thats been raging through the Teekon's had its benefits afterall. Although none of these frivilous details mattered more to here than the real spectacle here: Mountain goats. Tons of them all around here.

It was almost like a strange dream that made her mouth water. 10, 20, 30 — however many there were it was enough food to feed more than one pack. She may have felt like a glutton for having the sight of goats hypnotize her, but that didn't concern the night huntress at all. One particular goat just so happened to stray too far from the rest and was just a few feet ahead of her — the perfect target.

Lunaria snuck stealthy and stalked the preoccupied ungulate in silence, but would soon freeze after only a couple steps. A mountain lion — of course there would be more predators in such a concentrated space. "Holy shit...." her ears flattened on her skull and her eyes widened in terror. Luna could do nothing more but stare at the feline from a distance.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
he saw one begin to wander off. even if he wasn't born and raised in the wild, he — instinctively? — knew that was a bad move. should he go for it? 

he heard a voice, but couldn't discern the words. he just turned his head to the voice as he usually did, and was presented with yet another wolf. what was this, wolf city? wolf-tropolis? oh hey, he flicked his ear. what are those things? he gestured with his head. they sum kindaaaa.....fluffy deer? smol cow?
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Luna simply stood there with shaky legs of fear and a pulse that pounded in her ears, like a mouse standing in front of a hungry cat or — quite literally — a wolf standing before a mountain lion. Encounters with cougars wasn't something one who valued their life could fancy, ecspecially when it happened out of the blue. Such a shame too considering the abundance of prey in this area. Too bad that Lunaria would have to make an escape attempt quickly.

Except....something strange was happening...

The lion was speaking to her. Not with any noticeably malicious intent, nor in an intimidating way, but with a strange innocence none would have expected being put in a situation like this. 'What are those things? Fluffy deer? Small cow?' He wasn't being sarcastic to the dark she-wolf's suprise; this was genuine confusion. Wait a second...this mountain lion had never seen a goat before? It wasn't the most unusual thing left to ponder over, other than why she'd not been torn to shreds yet, but still. "Y...Y-You mean the g-goats?" Lunaria's voice was sttudery from a mixture of fear and perplexity.
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
goat? like GOAT? he smiled, excitement tinging his monotone voice. y'know, best of the best? greatest of all time? are goats cool like that? he looked at them again. he guessed they were cool. all jumping on the mountain n stuff. he'd probably break something if hopped around like that. how was anyone supposed to catch them? bet they taste good, right? i feel like eating anythin rn.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Okay, now Lunaria was completely lost at this point, and what in the fresh hell was a GOAT? Something told the dark femme that this mountain lion wasn't too farmiliar with mountains at all (which was strange, considering his species). That being the case, where did he even come from?

But you know what? Its fine. As long as Luna wasn't about to be made today's blue plate special then there was nothing to worry about....right?

The femme let out a relieved sigh, looking up to them with a slightly nervous smile "They do actually. Erm....I can help you catch one?"
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
he blinked at her, processing what she had said, before he grinned happily. to him it looked as gregarious as can be, but no doubt for the smaller wolf it was a bit malicious. liiiiiiit, he drawled, standing upright. he hopped down from the stone, with a bit less grace than was normal for his species. he stretched a bit, anticipating that this would be a lot more activity than he was used to. so uh, he said once he got himself together. whut do?