Hushed Willows Here I was, thinking magic didn't exist.
141 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
Read Only for Sundance's timeline! Backdated ten days or so, tagging @Ibis for reference and making some assumptions about her retrieving @Lilitu. Please let me know if you guys need anything changed.  <3 

He'd grown incredibly fond of his little charge in the time since locating her at the willows' outskirts. Sundance, despite being terrified of his newfound position as caretaker of a small being that relied primarily on him to stay alive, liked to think he did his best.

The druid, inexperienced in childcare, did not observe the youngster at all times like he probably should have. He checked in with her often, hunted for her, tended to her wounded paw to the best of his ability, or simply lounged around with her when she required the company of another. She lightened his days in so many ways, and he rather enjoyed her easy company. Sundance was sure Lilitu appreciated his too, considering she stuck around.

Still, he was sure there was a mother out there, searching for her baby - probably frantic with worry. When at last she came searching his way, the silver Shakti recognised a whirlwind of emotion Storm within him: relief that she could reunite with her family, yet sorrow to see her depart.

"You be good," he told the pup as the time came for her to leave and looked down with a watery smile, his powder eyes soft on her own sunny gaze, "okay? No more disappearing acts. I hope we'll meet again soon." He made to exchange a glance with the adult who'd finally located her so he might offer a polite dip of his pallid muzzle. He grinned, "under better circumstances, of course."

He watched them go quietly, very much aware of the hollow in his chest but feeling oddly satisfied that he'd been able to keep Lilitu safe until her parents could find her. In their absence, Sundance thought fondly of the wolfess who'd taken him under her wing in his time of need. He turned away from the court's outskirts with @Towhee at the forefront of his mind, and fancied he would make a trip into the hinterlands before Winter's arrival to catch up with her.