King Elk Forest se-n-pa-i
87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
@Cyprin hello hi <3

The time that he had spent in the ranks of the Kingslend group was good to him. After the long journey from the stream and their former home, Kiyoshi had regained much of his strength and had found a desire to prove himself worthy of this group. It would be important as he aged to show that he was worthy of a place there.

The young wolf set out in search of the edges of the wood, hoping that he might practice his efforts at patrolling a border. It would have been the first time for him, but he didn’t think much of it. If Toshi could run off and make friends with those outside of their family and home, Kiyoshi believed he should have the strength to make a name for himself and bring honor to his family.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
There couldn't be a denial that Célnes worried about the family. The wolves of Kingslend were not the kindest to the grayscale kind, especially the more devout ones. She wouldn't think they would attack a child, but being ignored can cause quite an issue for the family. She wouldn't want to drive them off- but thankfully no news was to be heard. At the same time, she doubted anyone would report to her.

Upon her own patrolling, the Deorwine came across one of them, "Hello Kiyoshi," she greeted the boy, walking to his side, "how are you enjoying the forest? Is it suiting well to you?"

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The sound of footfall drew the boy’s attention to the earthy colors of the woman who had accepted him into their group. He fixed his sights on her respectfully, head low and expression plain. She inquired to him whether he was settling well into the forest. Kiyoshi glanced up and nodded his head softly to the woman he assumed to be their leader.

“Hello Célnes Déorwine,” he answered her formally and lowered his head further. “The forest is large but warm. I wanted to see if I could help to patrol the borders,” the young Draconid explained to her with a glance toward what he assumed was the furthermost edge of the wood. He wondered if the brown leader would help him learn the territory better.

“Can you show me where it is?”
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Of course." It wasn easy path, especially so it edged near a lake. There was some consideration to claim as so, but they were also a bit too weak at the moment to try and claim further. A large stream also connected through the woods, with a plains behind them so. Célnes had much to consider on expanding their territory, but the focus was the edge of the woods. For now, they must fortify the territory.

"As far as the forest expands- is ours as so. Another day we will pursue further, but for now we must protect what is ours." The Deorwine was leading the boy to the edge, right near where the lake Tuktu Weir was. Soon, they would be able to see the summit. Her eyes momentarily narrowed, thinking about the Firebirds that was across. They have claimed the glade that laid further- but it was far enough not to be a bother.

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Kiyoshi followed her dutifully. He kept his head low and his legs moving swiftly so that he might keep up with the woman who was still taller than he was. Time would change that, surely. Until that point, he was still young and awkward with his shape. The young Draconid boy was grateful that she was so willing to indulge him in these favors, but he knew that it was important for him to know the extent of their claim. As he aged, it would be up to him to keep it safe and those within it secure.

“The forest is large. Do you plan to claim the mountain too?”

The young wolf pointed his nose toward the summit that was across the stretch of water. He thought that the towering monument was something of an impressive structure. A mountain that had grown from the earth on its own, separate from the range that stretched out nearby. Kiyoshi had taken her word to mean that one day Kingslend would branch out beyond just the forest and would secure nearby land as well.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Maybe one day- but we are too weak to claim anything else besides this forest." She didn't deny her ambitions, that desire to conquer and to take. However there was definitely an issue with said-plans, one being the inner turmoils of the family, and the other being a not-so-friendly pack in the distance. She was not so forgiving to be called in-bred wolves.

"For now, we remain in our forests and around. It was an fruitful land with the lake and streams- we must protect it."

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Kiyoshi made note of the woman’s words – that they were too weak to claim anything beyond the forest.

It did not settle well in his mind that she would so readily offer such a suggestion. The young Draconid boy would have imagined that – like many other adults – she would paint a nicer image for him. It pleased the boy to know that she was plain of tongue. Kiyoshi felt as though this would make it easier for him to communicate what he needed with her and for her to do the same to him.

“The forest is a good home,” he assured her, though his tone was lacking any sort of emotion. “And Kingslend can be stronger.” He knew this was true, simply based on his own growth in life. He was still not yet a year old, but the boy had discovered how much trials and difficulties could shape an individual.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"The Deorwine's hold home was bigger then this entire land. To the forests, to the plains, and the mountains and back.. They were ours. Though we were also bigger back then. There is a day I wish to bring back that glory." Perhaps in general there was hundreds of them flocking in the forest. She couldn't say the exact number, but Célnes was to be known. She was part of the royal bloodline, and a direct descendent.

"I hope you too, can grow with it."

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The image that the earthy woman painted for him was one he could scarcely fathom. It was hard to imagine the claim of wolves reaching so far – spreading across numerous lands. There had been times when the child had wondered how Whitebark Stream had secured such a large hold with so few numbers in their ranks. These thoughts and concerns had never been voiced by the boy, but he had not forgotten his curiosities and found the tales of his new leader to be quite interesting to listen to.

“I will help,” he stated to her, pride sounding in the depths of his young voice. It was a rare moment – showing that fleeting glimpse of emotion. “I will be strong for the pack. I am a Draconid; we are mighty,” Kiyoshi looked to her, wondering if she would approve of this declaration.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Your ancestors would be proud." While the Deorwine didn't know who the Dracnoids are, as she was foreign to this land; she understood the importance of bloodline. Kingslend was all about the ties they share under the single name, and she too, held pride for it. Though at times the shackles limited to what she so desired- but slowly, would Célnes reform to her desire.

She enjoyed wolves like  Kiyoshi, loyal and diligent; easy to handle. Perhaps it was why she also enjoyed Germanicus, he did not question her often, and followed her into the shadows. Wolves like Calhoun were too stubborn, and refused to see another way; then wolves like Ravinger were whimsical and hard to read their motives. Both, were undesirable.

Wolves like this child, were easy to sway and manage.

Impure thoughts swelled from the elken woman, but despite some motives, she still would help raise him appropriately.

"Do tell me more of your ancestry."

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The stoic young man looked to his leader when she requested to know more of his ancestry and blood. It felt like a special moment to him, after all he had joined their ranks knowing that it was primarily a family pack. Kiyoshi did not think that the Draconid name would mean much to the wolves of the elk. To him and to his small family there, they were proud of their name and Kaori had done well to teach him about what they valued.

“Mother says the Draconid wolves have been here for a while now, but this has not been the only home. Draconid wolves value loyalty and family. We must bring honor to our name and show that we are worthy,” Kiyoshi explained to her, a concise version of the many things he had listened to. Perhaps there would come a day when he could tell her one of his mother’s good stories instead of just the synopsis of their overall values. He was certain that his new leader would enjoy the feats of the Draconid after hearing one or two.

“Can you tell me of Deorwine?”

It was fair, was it not? To teach and then to learn.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I suppose in that way, our families are similar." Draconoids seemed to be the symbol of the dragon itself, mighty and powerful, just as the Deorwine honored the elk, noble and beautiful. Loyalty amongst themselves and the family, many hold their names so tightly, that without it, they were not part of what was 'Kingslend.' A family pack was true, but she held the desire to expand more then that. Célnes was firm to gain loyalty of those, who were not.

"Though ours is not only blood. Anyone is welcomed to take our name, through proper means of rituals. In time of Spring, we will require everyone not of our name to take it; but they will not have to take our name. To us, it is the means of loyalty to take part of our trials." It had already been said when she accepted Toshi and her loyal guard to Kingslend against many who protested. The consensus was they would be required to gain the High Elk's love through the means of gaining their family name. Of course though, she did not expect them to take the Deorwine name.

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The boy listened as the woman explained during spring they would ask those not of their name to take it. His brow furrowed at this idea. He did not believe that Kiyoshi Deorwine had the same power in it as Kiyoshi Draconid. The stalwart young boy was intent on remarking about it but was stopped by Celnes next statement - that they wouldn't actually be required to take it. This caused a visible confusion, knitting the child's brow and turning his dark lips into a thoughtful frown that appeared far too serious for his young face. 

Like a promise? Kiyoshi finally asked of her, fixing the burgundy of his gaze on her features. I will still be Draconid, but Draconid for Deorwine? he then offered in hopes to clarify how he'd understood her message. If this was the case, he would not be disappointed. If the elken wolves wished for him to adopt their moniker, he did not know if he could remain in their ranks when the spring arrived. For that moment, his future hung on whatever the lady of the land would respond with.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I promise, no one will take your given name." Many valued their name, just as the Deorwine's do, she wouldn't want to trade her name for any. Célnes knew with the season coming up the time of rituals was near, however she more prioritize the factor of numbers and trust, rather then the need to take their own. Through the season that comes, the thought of children also offer new Deorwine's. She had no worry.

"As long as you want, I will always welcome you." And she so promised, he will always have a place here; even if the others forbade it. Though the King's word, is more powerful then the subjects.

She was greedy, for more.

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
This soothed the young boy. Being a Draconid was important to him and was important to his mother; it would not have done well to willingly abandon his moniker to take on the name of the elken wolves. The boy would have found it hard to understand why a name meant so much, but he felt it in his bones, and he understood that a name carried a significant weight. He could not simply shirk the calling of the Draconid, even for the kindness that the forest wolves had shown him.

“I will be good to Kingslend. You will not regret letting me into your ranks,” Kiyoshi promised her with a respectful bow of his head.

It would soon be time for the boy to start looking at his intended trades. Already he had set his sights on a guardianship for the forest – he had taken a liking to the borders of the woodland terrain and had grown accustomed to waking each morning to mark their claim before the sun had risen. Beyond that, he wondered if he might find a place within their ranks as an advisor. Though young, Kiyoshi had never allowed anger or sadness to spill over his carefully guarded expression. He had always seemed to have a level head.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
fade?

There was something satisfying to have others bow to her so. Perhaps this is what her father wanted, how he thrown away even his family to be the perfect Crowned Prince, but never seemed to achieve. Célnes always did wonder what her Grandfather was thinking, how he never seemed to name an appropriate heir, but perhaps on his dying bed in the fires did he so. She would never know, for she was too busy running away, and hearing the cries of falling bretheren.

Survival of the fittest.

"Walk with me? I would like to see your route."

87 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The woman of the wood requested that he show her the route that he normally took. The stoic young boy looked to her with unblinking burgundy in his eyes and then bowed his head respectfully. Of course, he would share his route with the woman who had taken him in. He could not imagine a scenario in which he would be capable of denying her request. The Draconid boy was pleased that she was interested in the role he had selected for himself within her domain.

The two of them trailed along the path that Kiyoshi normally took. She asked a few questions, but the stern boy had found that he rather enjoyed the companionship of the elken leader. She had a serenity to her that he could not place but appreciated deeply.