King Elk Forest Two for One, You Know a Bitch Buy Four
104 Posts
Ooc —
Trade 

It was early morning when the hunter awoke to the sound of bird chatter. Despite the early hours, the warmth of day had already begun to settle amongst the forest, rays of light trickling in through the leaves and branches leaving splotches on the soft grass that dotted the forest floor. The deer wolves had only settled for a short amount of time, but still Calhoun couldn't help but feel as if everything was falling into place just as it should be. Things were starting to feel like home again.

The only way to celebrate the feeling was a good hunt. Calhoun had been keeping track of the herd, but they weren't the target of his mind today. No, for once he would focus on something smaller. A grand hunt would be nice but perhaps saved for a time when the whole pack could be rallied. Today, he would follow his nose in search of small critters that were gathering the last of their food before the cold months hit.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
The mud-pointed male was awake bright and early as per usual, he was never one to sleep in. In fact he probably lacked as much sleep as he truly needed these days, but he was still adjusting to his new living situation.

Nonetheless he was happy, trotting along the forest floor with a pep in his step, green eyes aimed up in wonder at the trees that towered above them like looming sentinels reaching up to the heavens. When his head floated back down to earth again, (he was starting to get a bit of vertigo), he shook his head to rid of it and happened to catch sight of another wolf in the distance, trotting along their own path. 

He looked more familiar enough, and though they hadn't spoken likely at all, Henryk did remember the name of one of the more prominent faces he'd seen around.  

Calhoun? He called out, his voice dull but pleasant as always. Man he hoped he got the name right. Are you hunting this morning?
104 Posts
Ooc —
so sorry for the wait got caught up for a bit

A voice broke the chatter of the forest, and while it was unfamiliar, the one who called seemed to know him. The Baron paused in his tracks, red eyes scanning until they caught sight of the man coated in browns. Ah, he must be one of the new faces. He looked vaguely familiar, though he hadn't spoken to him directly. His tail flicked at his hocks as he turned to properly face the trotter, That would be me, yes. I hunt.

It would have been more proper to say he was hunting, but at his core, he was a hunter. He hunted. And most days, that is what he filled his time doing. You're new. His words were more of a confirmation to himself as he allowed his eyes to scan the other. It was clear the High Elk had his approval. Wherever he had come from, it did not matter now, for he had made his way home. It was a sight for sore eyes after all the acceptance of those who were unworthy of His grace. What of you? Where might your talents lay?

XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
He stepped forward, body neutral as he was looked over. Nervous for a moment, but he didn't seem to not have the Baron's approval. Though he wasn't too awful surprised by the fact he wasn't known. His talents he said?

Same as yours, if that's what you mean. I don't prefer ranking myself against others- but I like to think I'm a good hunter. He said simply, knowing that although exploration was a favorite of his past times, he was far more useful as a hunter and tracker to Kingslend. And he was a good one, however, he knew that opinion would be in the eyes of the beholder.

Fancy a co-op?
104 Posts
Ooc —
A hunter as well. Calhoun couldn't say he disapproved, but it was also dangerous for a newcomer to hunt without properly adapting to their ways. Should this guy kill one of the apostles, they would all feel the High Elk's fury. Have you learned how we hunt...Trotter? The baron's words lingered as he searched for a name, though the other had yet to give him one or he missed his introduction so he substitutes the missing information with his rank.

You may join, but we do not hunt apostles. If I am to be completely honest I was feeling lazy and searching for something smaller. There was no point dwindling the numbers of any herd within their land, not right now with fall coming to a close. They would be weaker once the snow came, and while they would be more defensive too, the meat they could offer would be more beneficial when weaker prey hides away.