King Elk Forest Oh, no,
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Limit Two 
perhaps @Henryk ?

She hasn't seen that fellow in a while- pleased he in the end, accepted the offer of Kingslend. Though sad to say she was not the one to introduce him to the land, but nontheless, should she enjoy his company. After all, for when Spring was to come, he was one of the prime choices for many woman, within Kingslend.

Her brother seemed to have plague her thoughts on the matter.

She sought to find him, for just idle chattering.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
As was his usual activity, he was returning from having watched an outing where he'd taken note of the position of local deer herds. The elk herd was nice and all, elegant to watch, but they were more holy than hunting material. So he felt he'd busy himself with something that more directly affected the pack's cache. Anything to show he was doing his part.

However, a flick of his ear in a certain direction brought him to a slow stop, hearing the distinct sounds of paw-steps in the brush. It had been a while since he'd seen the elken-woman up close, yet he could still recognize her elegant Kingly form apart from the rest. 

Célnes. He greeted, a warm smile on his features.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Just was warmly, she greeted the lad with a smile, "Henryk, how are you faring?" She was aware of his doing, adding to the cache, simple communication; and she appreciated that so. He was far the most welcoming wolf her family had taking a liking to, specifically because he was brown, but she also simply enjoyed his kind and polite nature.

Somewhat rare, within the Deorwine community.

"How are you liking it here?"

XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
The slender male turned toward his King proper, his tail waving casually behind him. The appendage once thinned by malnutrition was growing thickened for the winter- improving with his general health. Perhaps come spring he will fill out more in his chest and the lighter fur around his neck, looking more like a proper male of his age rather than a wolf much younger and undeveloped. The sandy-colored man could only hope, but things were certainly faring better for him in Kingslend than it had anywhere else.

It's delightful, the forest is absolutely beautiful. He breathed, giving a look towards the warm-painted trees surrounding them. A stray leaf falling here and there, gracefully tumbling in the wind. It does feel like this land is... Blessed. He tacked on quietly, before chartreuse eyes found their way to hers again.

I've met a few of your family members. Cynefrid is really sweet, Zepherine as well. Ravinger is... Lively. His last sentence came with a nervous chuckle, recalling the other man's very flirtatious vigor. All had been kind to him so far, and he was oblivious to the fact that it mostly dealt with his fur color. Had he been born a different hue, their affections might not be the same- but that fact was blissfully out of mind. 

And you? It can't be easy being the King. Especially not with recent happenings, such as one of her family disappearing. Though no one else really seemed too concerned about that...
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
She was pleased at Henryk, and continued listening to him. He had met her family, the 'ugly' Zephrine, the medic Cynefrid, and obviously, Ravinger. He did not need a term, for he was, what he was. The poet, the singer, the rockstar, the 'prince' of the old-king. Célnes didn't mind it though, as long as he did not try to stake a claim to the current throne.

"We are truly blessed to find a home here." A small chuckle, and a way of praise to the High Elk. As per' family, to not draw suspicions or heresy to her name, she must conform to the constant praise of he. Else, she may once more be counted as a hex.

"It has its troubles," Célnes closed her eyes for but a moment, "and the hardships," and opened to face him with a warm, but hopeful smile, "but we must believe we can make through it."

XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
Leadership would always come with it's hardships, he looked upon her with wonder at being able to shoulder the responsibility. Henryk himself was not much of a leader-type by way of dominance. Perhaps one day he'd rise above- but he was a rather humble wolf, and ambition wasn't his focus. He did, however, aim to please. And upon seeing her brief moment of trying expression, his own turned warm, comforting in a way. As much as he could, with little ability to express.

I believe we can. He offered, dark ears tilting back slightly. Things are only looking up from my point of view, but I don't have any idea what you and your brother go through.... I'm.. Sorry about Rohesia, by the way. I've continued to keep an eye out. He'd no idea the little care she'd have for that sentiment, but he had been keeping his eyes peeled for signs of both her and Kiyoshi's brother during his outings. It was disappointing to not have any trace of them to show for it, though.

A little moment of silence, wondering what he could offer her more than just- simply that. Perhaps he'd just extend the offer. And if you need anything from me to lessen that burden, please, don't hesitate to ask. He was fairly ready for more- missions perhaps, assignments in general.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"She's stubborn, I believe she is out there." Célnes wanted to mention perhaps she just left, but at the same did not want to bring any suspicions to herself on the matter. The best she could do, alongside the other Kingslend wolves, was simply pray for her survival. Though her and Cenric knew, she was somewhere.. Dead.

"You are kind, Henryk," though at the moment, she only needed for everyone to be at peace, as they should be for now. The less trouble they cause, the less hardships and sacrifices needed to be. Already did she do so to Grayson, and to Rohesia- Célnes would not enjoy another victim. Though a part of her, was simmering in the secret.

"Do you have any ideas how to improve our moral? We have a few traditions in Kingslend, but the season is not right yet."

XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
He didn't much doubt that. As far as he'd seen of Rohesia (and he hadn't seen much) she'd been unhappy. It wasn't so hard to reason that she'd simply ran off. Still, he'd make sure to keep a watchful eye.

The man's thinner tail wagged softly at the compliment. It wasn't the first time he'd been called sweet here, and although he didn't know how exactly to take a compliment he'd still find it warming. Wish her question, Henryk went silent to ponder for a few moments.

Nothing wrong with forming new traditions along with the old. In my family's pack fall was a time of heavy feasting before the winter... We have something like that coming up I believe? A pack hunt is great for growing unity. But... Hmm... Aside from that, we held competitions and scavenger hunts for important supplies, and whoever won each would be celebrated. There was also lots of dancing under the stars, but... heh. I'm not very good at that. He admitted sheepishly. It was fun and in the darkness of night wolves could dance however they wanted with little care to anyone aside from their partner. But Henryk was Henryk, and didn't think too highly of his body's ability to move gracefully- except while hunting.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"The first snowfall is called the Wintertide Jubilee, and for us, is a grand hunt all to join, and on that day can we hunt an antlered deer. Though it's optional, the only trick is you can't eat from the cache that day." She remembered even as a child, they were old enough to join at that point. Though while they never particularly helped, participation was still a key factor in order to join the feast. She remembered watching back as her mother and father helped hunt them down, as majority of Deorwine's were excellent hunters.

"Though dancing under the stars? Pray tell, that sounds interesting." The thought of something including the stars fascinating the King, and she urged Henryk to continue on with such a tale. Was there more, a reason? Or simply because.