The Sentinels A Shadow in the Moonlight.
27 Posts
Ooc — Kyzy
"We were not fighting. You were fighting."

Commented plainly, not stooping low enough to comment on how bedraggled the youth looked with her pelt plastered with bits of mud. Disregarding her aggression and spiked comments with a single blink, his gaze followed the hare tossed back to him with a frown upon his face; no, it was not his place to teach random strays how merciless life. If it wasn't already showing in the thinness of her fur or the tired lines etched about her muzzle, he knew that this was a lesson best saved for those with eager ears. As Kali seethed a ways away Akai gave a single roll of his shoulders with the clear intent to pick the dead animal back up with a sideways comment,

"I wonder if your pride will still be as strong while you're laying dying upon the ground of starvation?" Curt, blunt, his attention distracted-- and it gave her the perfect moment to strike while his eyes were off of him! The wind and the din of the rain hid her well, those long legs closing the gap between them within a heartbeat-- and it left him with no choice. Forced into a corner with no time to simply waltz out of her way, Akai's eyes widened with the split seconds before her teeth met his pelt-- he brought his upper body up upon one paw-- then down!! He crashed his skull against hers with such brute force that his paws snapped downwards into the ground, breath spiralling hotly from his mouth as he drove her against the mud with an explosion of pain behind his eyes and the quivering of his lips threatening some hidden violence-- 

"Yes, I am an old man, but I am no idiot--!" Came the low growling, eyes still a stoic yellow, composure not broken despite the pain-- "I am not staying out in a storm fighting a child who wishes to die."

The white wolf's body twisted as he caught the hare by the very edges of his teeth so that he could speak around it now, eyes now persistantly narrowed and pupils speck-like as he regarded the little one, muddied and shorn by the wind.

"The sea is screaming, and the night only grows colder. Stay here and face nature, or follow me to shelter." 

Thinner still became that stare.

"Assault me again... I will show you the fate you so eagerly rush towards."

And with a single shaking of his drenched body Akai began to trot off with feather-light footsteps, the white of that ghostly tail disappearing about the bushes in an instant. It was all he could do for her, for it was the olive branch or fangs... and the idea of having to further hurt the youth would play bitterly upon his mind should he be left with no option. Akai instead wished with all his heart that Kali's hunger hadn't taken away her common sense at the very least....
Messages In This Thread
A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Akai - November 05, 2020, 10:37 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Kali - November 05, 2020, 11:15 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Akai - November 05, 2020, 11:56 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Kali - November 06, 2020, 12:12 AM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Akai - November 06, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Kali - November 06, 2020, 07:27 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Akai - November 06, 2020, 08:04 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Kali - November 06, 2020, 08:57 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Akai - November 07, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Kali - November 07, 2020, 03:45 PM
RE: A Shadow in the Moonlight. - by Akai - November 07, 2020, 06:35 PM