Falls of the Hinterlands Hunting Fishes
16 Posts
Ooc — Maddie
All Welcome 
Getting familiar with everything didn't seem to be as bad as she thought it would be. Kamuri has met a few of the members but didn't waste time standing around to keep introducing herself over and over again. She needed to sharpen her skills, make herself useful basically, and what other way could she do that than learning how to hunt? Well there's obviously a few ways but that one seemed the easiest for now.

Kamuri informed her leader that she was heading out and was off. She was very observant of the surroundings, mostly to insure her that she would remember the way back and avoid getting lost. Following the river up stream until she came to the falls, sighing as she looked at the sparkling water before patting over to it, "Hmmm.... Fishing? i mean that can't be to hard right?" Kamuri mumbled under her breath as she looked into the water, slowly dipping one paw in after another and before to long she had traveled into the shallow end. The water coming up to the mid section of her legs as she began to scan the waters.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Light played along the ground and the clouds played hide and seek with the suns rays it was slightly cooler today then it had been the past few days but the sky held a crisp blue color despite the old colours trying to mar it’s beauty.

A coal black female wolf was carousing around the new territory of the Saint of The Dying light, marking the trees with urine, this land was her land now, she owned it. Of course the rest of the pack had the right to be upon this land too, and that annoyed her, but she’d not let that show just yet.

She had never spent so long in one place before and she was beginning to go stir crazy. She needed something to do, something to kill, though hunger was not what drove her these days, her belly was still full from the deer she and the grandmaster had taken a bit a ago.

She moved along the streams edge urinating a scent marking pee every 50 paces of so when her white blue orbs caught the form of a wolf edging so carefully into the water. She halted quietly and watched the inexperienced femme, a frown formed on her dark face, was this whelp hunting? Any pack mack of hers needed to be stronger and more confident then this. SHe narrowed her eyes making sure that was exactly what the female was trying to do

Whrist drew a deep breath and sighed, then made her way toward the female. Each of her paw steps were light,  barely moving a leaf as her black pads kissed the earth, so her steps were deathly silent.

She walked up the the near edge of the bank coming up behind the female before speaking without announcing herself; her tone was both accusing and chiding at the same time, something akin a mother scolding a pup “Just what are you doing?”
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
16 Posts
Ooc — Maddie
Kamuri hummed softlt to herswlf as shw looked aoeund the waters, moving slowly as she went in alittle deeper, however her focus was shattered at a sudden voice behind her. Jumping aggressively as she backed away and beared her teeth sloghtly before getting a closer look at her. The new character didnt attack her so that lead her to think she was one of the mwmebers of the Saints, "You know this is such a thing as a gently introduction? Reather than giving me a heart attack" Kamuri growled under her breath before catching her tone. She hadnt been her long enough to give out that type of attuide yet so toning it down a few notches was a must, "Im trying to fish. Well trying to figure out how to fish" She explained lightly as she looked back down toward the water and began to search again
261 Posts
Ooc —
The black pelted femme huffed as she watched the other female continue scaring away the very thing she was apparently trying the hunt. Then ignore her and go back to ‘fishing’

Well then she’d use this female to her advantage, she padded 15 yards down stream but stayed on the shore from there her ice blue gaze to flow over the stream looking not for figures deep in the water but allowing her gaze to relax and pick up innately on movement especially movement that wasn’t just the normal flow of the water; after having watched the water flow past her the pattern of the waters flow became ingrained and she no longer paid attention to where the movement of the water swirled constantly in it’s journey along the ground toward it’s final destination.

A fish darted toward her, fleeing from the intruder upstream but Whrist noticed the break in the water surface long before the fish even came close, she tensed waiting for just a breath more and lunged deep into the stream just ahead of the fish she snapped her jaws below the surface not caring about the water that filled her jaw and nose and ears.

She did not readjust her grip she’d loose her prey if she did that, Her grip was not ideal she held it just before the tail fin. Hurridly she thrashed up with her prize and jumped to shore before dropping the flailing fish on the rocks. Shaking her head she dislodged water from places it should not be then grabbed up the flailing fish in a much safer position blehind it's gills and brought it closer to the other female, but not so close as to allow it the chance to fumble back to the water though.

She set it down allowing it flop around without smacking her in the face, that alone was the reason she hating fishing. She stared at the other female and waited to see her reaction
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
16 Posts
Ooc — Maddie
Kamuri glanced over at her as she went a little further up the stream raising her brow before shaking her head and trying to re focus on what she was doing. However she was once again pulled from her thoughts as she heard the splash from up stream, "What the hell..." She whispered softly before seeing the dark colored wolf emerge from the water. observing her closely before she realized she was coming toward her. 

Watching the other female closely as she set the fish down, she couldn't help but feel rather inferior. Kamuri had been at this for probably twenty or so minutes before this other wolf showed up and then she's here for less than five and already catches a fish, "So i assume your trying to tell me I'm doing this wrong? Kamuri sighed as she walked further over to her, sitting down as she existed the water, "I'm not very experience as I'm sure you could tell. Mind showing me how you did that?" She said in a much sweeter tone than prior, realizing that she was indeed in the wrong for being an ass earlier, "I'm Kamuri by the way. I'm new here, you?"
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist smirked then casually reached down and tore huge chunks from the fish as it was still flopping, it’s blood staining her lips. The fish finally lay still accepting the fate that was forgone the moment it was lifted from it’s life giving water.

Whrist though not very hungry continued to casually eat the fish choosing to just chew up and swallow the delicate bones, which slid down her throat easily. Eventually she looked at the female in front of her affording her the same respect that was given to her earlier. Whirst looked thoughtful for a moment and then a smirk slid across face and she answered definitively. “Yes”

She licked her lips removing the traces of blood from her face, then she padded upstream a little and stayed upon the shore motioning with her head for Kamuri to follow suit “Whrist” she spoke softly allowing her gaze to move over the surface of the water waiting for the female to come closer before explaining anything further she hated speaking more then she needed to.