Greatwater Lake proper motivation
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary

It had been a day or more since he had seen Moz, and while that wasn’t necessarily something that worried the ashen male, he was curious. His sister had been something of a life-long companion. The two creatures had traveled together since they were old enough to survive on their own. It was the only life he had knowledge of. Kierkegaard was not opposed to being on his own, however. His ability to detach from those around him was startling. He had no real concept of family life – only that of the wandering duo he had grown used to.
The surrounding area was vast. There were several packs that occupied the assorted territories. Just when Kierkegaard thought that he might have been able to avoid them, he found himself prowling just outside of their borders. He had been surprised by the scents of surrounding wildlife, as well. Not accustomed to the larger numbers of wolves, he was more so discomforted by it than anything else. The ashen figure had taken to observing. While he may not have been interested in the lives of the wolves in that area, he was curious as to why there were so many other loners. Socializing was not in his nature, however, so his observations were made from a distance - if it could be helped. And, if not, his conversations were few.
Trailing the outside of the lake, the large male cantered forward and felt the water lap at his large paws. There was a chill to the liquid. Wading out until the pool had risen up to his chest, Kierkegaard dipped his muzzle downwards and lapped at the surface, quenching his parched throat.
In the rain-washed light, close to the edge of the woods, a deer – stock still – regarded Kierke curiously. Unblinking, alert, nostrils twitching… seeing that Kierkegaard had spotted it, it made no attempt to run but decided, on the contrary, not to be afraid. With a cold expression, the ashen male drew his muzzle in the direction of the prey animal and breathed in its scent, regarding it with a vivid flash of his orange-gold gaze before splashing back to the shore and shaking his pelt to cleanse it of water droplets.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was not often that Blue got away from the Plateau to travel to their own great lake near. Especially when she was to be in charge of the plateau. However, at the moment she was certain that Dante had it under control, and she was on a mission anyway. She wanted to see what game could be had this far, and if she could take any home to the caches today. Winter was fast approaching judging by the nip in the air, and she wanted to be prepared. She was not going to have her pack go hungry, especially since they were often losing the battle with pack hunts.

It was on the edges of her territory that she came across another wolf, and she was surprised. She studied him as she moved closer. He was a scary beast at best, with ragged fur and coal dust fur. The feral look of him was want to make her turn tail and run, but looks could be deceiving on their best day so she stayed firm in her walk.

The water dripping from his pelt added to his strange appearance. She briefly wondered why on earth he would go for a swim in Autumn. He was liable to get a cold if he wasn't careful, now was not the time for swimming. She shook her black head and looked him over again with green eyed gaze. She dipped her nose and chuffed gently to let him know she was near and then she waited patiently to see if he would come near her or go the other way.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary

He was not made to appear approachable. Everything in his genes said that he would carry a wild appearance. Kierkegaard had no understanding that he did not appear like the other wolves, however. He did not see a difference in his physical form, save for a few inches in height or the width of his shoulders. He was different, though… he was feral and wild, and he did not belong among wolves in a pack. Still, there would not come a time when Kierkegaard was self-aware enough to understand this.
There was a short noise. The ashen male tossed his head in the direction it had come and found himself looking at a swarthy female with brilliant green eyes. His paws were still buried deep in the waters of the lake, sinking fast in the sand. Taking a few steps forward, the ashen male allowed his gaze to settle on the female once more. He could scent the aroma of a pack on her pelt… one that was familiar to him. Frowning thoughtfully, Kierkegaard did not speak to this newcomer. His gaze did not leave her frame, however. In many ways, he appeared much like the deer on the other side of the lake. Stock still, alert, and yet unafraid.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue wondered at him, was he extremely wild and feral and a bit crazy. Was he a danger to them being so near? There were no puppies anymore, and she did not think there would be any either, but she didn't know someone may surprise her. Perhaps Dante would take a mate, or her and Atticus would have some, though Atticus was quiet again, he was still aware, but quiet.

Blue noticed him starting, but common pleasantries seemed to leave him, so it was left to her to speak, so she did. Hi I'm Blue Willow, what brings you near the pleateau? Simply to swim?
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary

Kierkegaard was a solitary creature; he spent a majority of his time in isolated situations. The ashen brute had never known pack life, therefore he did not understand it. He was not unintelligent – in a sense – but his knowledge was based on survival alone. With only his sister as a companion, they had marched through harsh winters and even starvation. They had grown up on a desolate lifestyle, but it was all that they knew. Yes, he was feral… wild, perhaps to a fault, but he was not deficient. Strange, perchance, even savage at times, but not senseless.
The dark female introduced herself as Blue Willow… a peculiar name, but he was not one to judge on another’s calling. Drawing his gaze along her frame for a moment, pondering the meaning of such a label, he almost did not pick up her question. Furrowing his brows and frowning softly, the ashen male blinked once or twice at her before responding. “I am Kierkegaard,” he introduced first. “I was drinking,” he then added after an awkward pause. Tossing his muzzle in the direction of where he had stood – chest deep – in the lake, he wondered why she was questioning his motive. Then, thinking back to her statement, Kierke tilted his head to the side and darted his gaze back to her. “Did you say something about the plateau?” There was a strong chance that he had mistaken these lands for free terrain when they very well could have been claimed as pack territory. It would not have been the first time he had trespassed.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue willow was not one to judge anyone. She herself had grown in a most unusual life style. Traveling as a healer and storyteller with her parents for nigh on 3 years. She had seen both good and bad wolves, both gentle and savage. She had even sat among them all and told stories, or healed a pups paw. Both the savage and the gentle could love and care just like the other. It was more a lifestyle than a demeanor.

Well Met Kierkegaard. She grew quiet and watched him with deep green eyes. Yes the plateau, don't worry you aren't trespassing your just near them is all. We are on neutral territory. Are you just passing through then? She wished she could offer him a bite to eat, a place to sleep, but she couldn't she was not a traveling storyteller anymore, no now she had more responsibilities, and she could not willingly allow another into their fold. She could however offer conversation if he so wished it.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The dark female seemed as though she would cause no harm to Kierkegaard, and yet he held his distance from her. She was still a stranger to the ashen brute. He knew only her name. Drawing his ears forward at the mention of a nearby pack, he glanced to his left. Her question fell against his ears and he quickly returned his gaze to her. Passing through; the term sounded so simple. He was a loner… he didn’t belong anywhere, so it could very easily be said that he was passing through. He had been in the boundaries of the Teekon Wilds for a considerable amount of time, however. So, in the same breath, it could be said that he was no longer passing through. For the sake of conversation, however, the brute nodded his head slowly in response to Blue Willow.
“I am new to the area,” he offered some form of verbal response, as well, shrugging his broad shoulders. “Are there many packs here?” he then inquired. His bright orange-gold gaze squinted at her curiously.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not mind the distance between the two. She actually preferred it, because she did not know him from the next wolf. He could be as savage as his appearance, granted he could also be nicer than any wolf she had met. So far he seemed neutrally polite and she was okay with that too. She continued to keep a wary eye on him though, just because.

Blue frowned in thought There is the Plateau here and there is another one a few days travel North East I believe known as Blackfeather woods and there is another further north known as the Ouroboros spine. There are a few others, but those are the closest to us presently.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary

It was a rare situation that warranted Kierkegaard to be as savage as his appearance would suggest. He was a creature of seclusion, above anything else. It was his lifestyle that had aided to his odd appearance. Years of travel would change an average creature and shape them into something of a feral masterpiece. This, coupled with the bloodline of the Sairensu wolves, and it was a wonder that he was capable of behaving in normal social situations at all. He could muddle his way through most conversations, but years of tempering from the life of a loner had given him a short fuse when it came to his patience, and a lack of empathy for others. He was a fickle creature, at the very least.
Listening to Blue Willow speak on the packs that she was aware of made Kierkegaard grow slightly unsettled. There seemed to be many in the area, and if she could not recall the names of all of them… his long ears twitched nervously. “Quite a few,” he remarked in a quiet growl.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had in truth be a type of loner with her family, they had not belonged to a pack. Rather they had traveled to and fro, so by all rights she should have been a little more socially inept. However, the simple fact that she had gone pack to pack and told stories is what saved her. That and her mother making sure she was brought up with the proper decorum and manners.

Blue sighed and nodded Yes more than when I came months ago. I have not yet even been here a year and I have seen us increase with packs, we have even lost a few.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Short! Sorry <3

It was mildly unsettling to listen to the dark female speak of how the packs had grown in her time there. Kierkegaard listened with a strange sort of intensity. His brows were drawn forward and his eyes locked with hers. When she mentioned that a few of the packs had disbanded, he turned his head away and heaved a sigh that seemed to lower his shoulders just slightly. “Does this land attract many others?” he asked of her, finally pulling his gaze back towards where she stood. It could very well have been fate that led the ashen male and his sister to the Teekon wilds. The way it sounded, though, it seemed a commonplace for wolves. The dark female had not been in the area for a year yet, but she seemed to know more about what happened in the surrounding lands than any of the others that Kierke had spoken to. For this, she was proving herself useful.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow was a bit unsettled at the intensity in which he was watching her. Not that it was a bad thing, and they were in neutral territory anyway. She watched as he shrugged his shoulders downwards. Not this territory so much, we guard it zealously. But wolves do seem to migrate to here. There's so much space around though, that we should be able to handle a large amount of wolves. Blue made sure to know the going on's around her. She needed to be informed for her pack, her family.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
One more post from you to wrap it up? If not, we can have it archived now. :) Thanks for the thread.
<style>.forest1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .forest1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .forest1 b {color:#282828; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .forest1 {background-color:#b5bbc6; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/HPq9O7z.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .forest1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .forest1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 270px 20px; } .forest1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

In his time there, Kierkegaard knew only one thing that was certain; the Teekon was vast. There were several plots of land where packs had not laid claim, and in spite of the fact that there seemed to be a large number of lone wolves that roamed through the area, it was not so difficult to find a peaceful corner of the world.
The brute glanced towards the expanse of blue sky and frowned softly. It was getting later in the afternoon, and he was expected to cross a stretch of land before hunkering down. He no longer had time to chat with the locals. Flicking his lengthy ears forward and peering back at the dark-furred female, Kierkegaard nodded his skull towards her and then motioned in the opposite direction. “I should be going now,” he rumbled. Not sure he had anything more to say, the grey-furred beast turned his hulking figure away from the female and disappeared into the bordering woodland.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]I'm so sorry for the wait and that is fine. Last post, thank you <3[/size]

Blue did not say anything, she merely watched as he walked away. He was an interesting creature, and one that was just a part of this vast landscape now. The teekon wilds were large and vast and there were many mysteries hidden within it's recesses. Those were secrets she could unravel in time or just let be. She watched him go until he was no more for a time, while not really watching. So lost in her own thoughts.