flatline
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
For Star!

Within the Creek territory, there were audible landmarks. But Dovev had found himself a new place to sniff out- an old wolf den. The white beast circled it, first inspecting the higher mound at the top before leaping down to the threshold. His muzzle poked through roots from the upper surface, overturning the soft dirt at the doorway. It didn't seem like the rough entrance was dusty or cobwebbed. In fact, the male could pick up scents of several wolves, the most prevalent being a male and female- most likely the parents. Yet, Dovev did not see young puplings running about the Creek. It was as if whoever had inhabited this den, in the heart of Swiftcurrent, had just up and left like the coming of spring.
[Image: 12422385882006102414Black_bold_spiral.svg]
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star was running along and began to slow as she picked up the scent of a wolf. It was unfamiliar, however it smelled of the Creek. She came upon the source, a white male who seemed busy checking out an old den. "Hello Sir." She said. "I am Star. What's yours?" She asked. It seemed that she needed to meet more of her pack-mates, why not this guy? She wondered if he was one of the new recruits or if he had been around here longer than her.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

Snapping at tall grass stems that waved before his eyes, Dovev finished his exploration of the den and turned his attentions toward the surrounding meadows. There was a cool wind today, hinting at the frost that would be settling in the nights to come. With a shake of his pelt, the white creature grinned at the thought of freezing temperatures. What a fine day it would be when snow settled in a frosty blanket across the land.

Something emerged from the tall grass behind him, and Dovev's ears lifted at the sound of a wolf's slight footsteps. She was small and delicate, and youngster, with a pelt of pure snow. I'm Star, she introduced herself, and Dovev loftily gave a wave of his tail in return.

I'm Dovev. I don't think we've met.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"We haven't." She said. "It is nice to meet you Dovev. How are you doing?" She said, her voice was devoid of a lot of emotion, however, you could tell she was generally curious. She took a small sniff at the den and it was faintly familiar. "I beleive the den belonged to Njal and Tuwawi."
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
Fine.

With a glance over his shoulder, Dovev's eyes followed Star as she motioned to the hole in the small rise of a hill. Apparently it belonged to some sort of pair, names he had never had the pleasure of hearing.

Who were they? the male questioned, pivoting his body so that it faced the den entrance. The opening was dark and wavering, as if some sort of secret emanated from its depths. Personally, Dovev would've widened the den, allowing his larger frame to fit in, but to also provide more light. His daughter's den had been shallow and spacious, as whatever sun could get in would provide warmth. There was still plenty of snow on the ground when she had been born. Glancing at Star, the eta wondered how old this little Creek wolf was. Although she was just about adult height, she still had some muscling out to do.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star knew he would ask that. "I'm sorry, I don't know much about them. At Bazi's first pack meeting they announced that they planned to leave. It caused much stress and many questions. They seemed to be liked and they had the first pups born into the Creek." She finished her little summary. That was all the info she could provide about the family. She wondered how they were doing. It reminded her of Danica and Shadow. How were they doing? She wondered where some of the wolves she had met before had disappeared off to.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

She had spoke of a pair who had lived here formerly, around the time when Bazi had probably assumed leadership. He nodded at Star's story, ears twitching with the mention of past pups. Maybe that explained the lack of this year's litter in Creek. No doubt the pack was big enough to support them, so perhaps that's what happened to them. This Njal and Tuwawi had left and taken their children in tow.

Do you know where they went? he prodded curiously with a lifted eyebrow. He hadn't seen anyone leave the Creek yet, and it had been more than a month since he had came. Perhaps it was right before Dovev showed up.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"I beleive they went north, a few days from here. It is called Dawnflame Glacier or something like that." She said. She couldn't put her paw on what exactly she had heard it been called. She did know yet but at the meeting later she would hear about Bazi's pups. Perhaps these new pups would make up for the missing Svejarn pups. Star was not good with very young wolves and often kept away from them.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch

The male finished his circle of the den, prying his eyes away from the small, grassy mound and returning his gaze to Star. She was a lanky young adult, but seemed strong and a stable pillar to the pack. There was always something important about the younger generation in any group, and so Dovev hoped Star would follow in any sort of role model's paw steps to become a valuable asset to the pack. Even if Bazi had stepped down, the arctic brute wondered if she had enough of an impact on Star to implant some good morals and sensibilities into her head.

So, are you working on any skills? Like hunting? he questioned, coming to a halt in front of her. It was the perfect time to develop a trade, as she wasn't quite yet a full adult and still had plenty of energy and time to focus on certain trades. Star seemed like the type to be bold and outgoing, a counterpoint to her petite size.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She was indeed, bold and outgoing, and brave from her small size. "I love hunting. I am also strengthening my legs by running several days a week." She took a glance at the new muscles that stood out; she was proud of herself. "Do you like hunting?" She asked, and was eager to go hunt right now. She wanted to earn a trade indeed, it would perhaps give her more respect or aknowledgement. She'd been here a few months, and she wanted to start doing something more important than being depressed.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
we can make a new hunting thread with dice rolls, if you'd like :P

Although Star didn't have the full muzzle shape of an arctic wolf, the male could help her out with some things. Dovev would hope to pass on some knowledge about hunting as a piece of cotton against a tan backdrop.

The iota waved his tail in assent. He did like hunting, and very much so. There was nothing better than the satisfaction of sinking a salivating pair of jaws into the meaty flesh of a deer, whilst breathing in the scent of fear emanating from his prey.
I enjoy hunting, too. I think we might have something in common, the wolf responded with a glimmer in his colorless orbs. It was the perfect season to practice the hunt, too- with the elk running well and the deer beginning to migrate to their winter areas.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Sure! You might have to help me out with dice rolling stuff though? Should we stop this soon or keep going?

Star nodded. They did indeed both have pure white fur against the green grass and gray mountains and clear creek. It was hard to camoflauge here with her fur- that's why she usaully hunted ducks. They were so stupid they would barely notice her coming. "Do want to go hunting sometime?" She asked, with a tilt of her head. Even her eyes, which were dark and empty, could not camouflage with anything but darkness.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
Well, me either. But we'll figure it out lol- so last post from me

It is the season, Dovev responded with a wide grin. And the Creek could use some fresh carcasses. The group hunts hadn't been going too well, and so the pair could try and bring down some prey. From his observations, they would probably have to head southeast towards the mountainous forests, where elk and deer would be coming out to spend the winter on the open range.

His eyes briefly flickered over Star, full of muse. She seemed competent and loyal enough- he was pretty sure she had been here longer than he had. That sort of dedication was hard to come by. Dovev could hope he would stick around long enough to be the same. But for now, he would learn and scope out the rest of the Creek wolves, note their skills and preferences.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Then I suppose we can meet up to hunt later." She said with a smile. With one last look at him, she turned to leave. "See you later." She called behind her. With a swish of her tail she trotted off towards the creek, for more running.