Hideaway Strath When you told me I'm your princess
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"Women take a stand as their own authority more often than you may think. It was common in my homeland, and it may be common in others, for all we know."
Clearly, this woman had seen too few cultures. That, or she knew little of the many differences they held. Or perhaps it was simply that Tsunari had not seen enough of the world. These wilds were a distant travel and hold various distinctions from what traditions she was used to in the past. If it was so easy to say that women here had a say, could it be that she'd been living in the wrong part of the world this entire time?
Tsunari hummed, considering Fury's word with a sense of thoughtfulness. The samurai had always been a bitter, but sensible individual. Albeit, the white woman choose civility over disdain. My father... our father, She was hesitant, but abrupt with her correction, realizing that here she spoke over both herself and Arashi. ... he did not very easily entertain the idea of women being in positions of leadership, or combat in general for that matter. To him and others, we are tools simply meant to both create and fix the mistakes of men. Here, you may think bringing children to the world is a joyous occasion and meant to be celebrated. In our clan, nothing good comes of it. Whelps of the male sex are torn from their mother's teets and forced to train as a samurai once of a capable age. Of the females... well, they are usually sent to learn various tasks; some such like skinning pelts for the winter, or collecting for the medic's cache. The weaker ones are often slain. I was lucky to have such a defensive mother. She was the reason I was not drowned following my birth. A telltale for another time, if any at all. 
It is all a past I wish to put behind me, To continue on a brighter note, somewhat. My former clan, Haakasu had both male and female leadership attending. They were merciful enough to grant me entry, even at an adolescent age. I learned many things. But not enough. She needed to learn more. But leadership does not revolve around knowing how to forcibly make others bend to your will. Diplomacy is something I lack. As if the woman couldn't already tell. Tsunari had no way with words whatsoever. Ask her to patrol the borders: any infractions upon a stranger would begin with a display of tooth and claw, nothing less. She had control, but too much caution.
My sensei always scolded me for being so harsh of tongue. But it is the only way I have ever known. I've heard that an understanding of diplomacy can provide some added sensibility and control over situations that don't bid violence. Perhaps Fury would think her a fool for being so in something that seemed so simple. It sounded simple, yes; but was it really?
Messages In This Thread
When you told me I'm your princess - by Tsunari - June 27, 2022, 10:32 AM
RE: When you told me I'm your princess - by RIP Fury - June 27, 2022, 11:47 PM
RE: When you told me I'm your princess - by Tsunari - June 28, 2022, 12:18 AM
RE: When you told me I'm your princess - by RIP Fury - June 30, 2022, 10:41 AM
RE: When you told me I'm your princess - by Tsunari - July 04, 2022, 11:17 PM
RE: When you told me I'm your princess - by RIP Fury - July 11, 2022, 12:03 PM
RE: When you told me I'm your princess - by Tsunari - July 11, 2022, 12:15 PM