Blackfeather Woods Odinn Dances Among the trees
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Painstakingly pawstep after pawstep, she slowly made her way to the coast. Body lagging each and every day. The ache in her joints and the pain in her body, it was almost to much to bear. She forced down the numerous herbs that she could find, the things that would stave off death just a little bit longer.

Today was better than it had been, though not as good as it could be, and she finally settled for a small break near the base of a large gnarled tree. Most would have felt lost here, but she felt at home. It reminded her of Ragnar and his penchant for Ravens. She could hear them in the trees calling to each other in thrills and brills. Each one louder than the next. 

She closed azure blue eyes and just listened.
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
The dog smelled the wolf from afar, curiosity got the best of him as always. His meetings with wolves in the past had all gone poorly to say the least. His loud nose snuffling and clumsy paws would be a dead giveaway to the wolf that he was on his way for a visit. He had actually gotten food before going to meet a wolf this time, and wasn't yelling at his food this time. He was learning from his past experiences at least.

The wolf was female, she was pretty he thought. She was small with blonde fur. Her eyes were closed and she seemed almost peaceful. Wolves were smart and knew things, so he was sure that his presence was known, so he waited. He would introduce himself after. For now he settle himself on the ground and wait patiently.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A strange scent permeated the air. Then a sound and she felt eyes on her. Thiugh they didn't feel intrusive or aggressive. Aimply patient. So with gentleness she opened azure eyes and offered him a smile. He was not a wolf, no he was a strange creature, droopy.

Hello. she spoke sofly. Merry eyes upon his face, kindness in her body language. Wolves couls be cruel, thistle could too. But she was a healer at heart and sefless.
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
Her eyes finally opened and he tilted his head in a curious gesture. She seemed to hold a lot in her eyes. "Hello, I'm Buddy." He smiled widely at her. "You seemed so peaceful, I didn't mean to intrude, but I couldn't bear to leave either." His ears and eyes grew wide in an appeasing gesture, one that came automatically to him.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled. .Hello Buddy. I'm Thistle Cloud, but most just call me Thistle or Cloud if it's easier. 

For some reason her name had always tripped other people up. Her own husband had difficulty saying it. There was no denying that it was a mouthful. And most had singular names unlike her two part name.

I was simply enjoying the day and the breeze. I like the company. Thank you for staying. 

Thistle moved her body a little more relaxed and spoke. Where were you going?
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
"Thistle Cloud is a nice name, I like it. Buddy was generally a gentlemen when he had the opportunity. It rarely struck it in an exchange with a wolf, he was happy to be able to shine. "I go where my nose says to, it led me here today." He said honestly, it was a bit of an odd way to live, he knew, but he thought it was fun, usually.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle waved her tail. Thank you. I'm rather fond of it myself. 

Thistle listened intently and chuckled. Her eyes looked around and then settled back on the dog. That sounds like an interesting way to live. I bet you find all sorts of things?

She shifted, her body aching. But she could stay for a little while longer, pass some time before her number was up. Have a conversation and the like.
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
"Oh yes, most wolves haven't been as pleasant as you have though. He frowned, remembering his flight from not one but two forests. "You've really made up for it though." He smiled a wide grin, his tail stirring up the brush slightly in a gentle wave.

"Are you okay? You look like you're uncomfortable." She almost looked fragile, but he didn't mistake that for weakness in any way.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled. She was glad that she could make a new friend. Offer what she could to him. It wasn't fair that others could be so cruel. He didn't need to be chased or cajoled or any of the above. No, it was unfair and she didn't like it.

I am glad.

At his question she sighed, though it was tempered with grace. I am Old Buddy and I am dying. My body hurts more than it used too.
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
Buddy frowned at her words. "I had a friend like you, she was just as nice too. She was all dark though and had white on her belly. But she died a long time ago, I miss her sometimes. I know she doesn't hurt now though and it makes up for it." He smiled at her. "It's peaceful here, would you like be to bring you anything?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle nodded her head as she looked around. It was pretty here. More so than she had expected for a summer. But it was nice all the same. She would always love the sea, but she also had a deep love for Herb's and plants. She hoped she had taught her niece enough. 

j:No thank you. Your company is more than enough. Thank you.
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
A hare scampered across Buddy's vision and he angled his body to chase after it, his last meal had been stolen and he hadn't eaten since. But he ignored the rumbling in his stomach, shaking his head he smiled at the kind woman.

I'm afraid I must dismiss myself, my much needed dinner awaits. Although few words had been exchanged he felt he had gained a lifetime of patience. The kind woman showed him that not all wolves were bad. Maybe he had a chance among them after all.

He whined quietly as he began to walk away from her, knowing he may never see her again, but grateful for having met her all the same. He turned back once last time. Thank you for spending time with me. He bowed his gentlemanly bow. He was a house pet once after all, he had all kinds of tricks up his sleeve.

Finally, he turned around, and nose to the ground, followed the scent trail that would lead him to his meal.