Neverwinter Forest Sleeping Sun
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Private 
Backdated to the 21st. Keyni is approximately three weeks pregnant and exhibiting symptoms. For @Cerne.

After the cycle of her heat had ended, Keyni tried to go back to her normal routine. To resume life as usual in the forest, where Winterglade continued to grow. Her sense of recklessness and lust were long gone. In their place was a nagging itch at the back of her mind. She knew all too well what the consequences could be. In fact, she had yearned for such a thing earlier this year, as she had discussed with her sisters Lote and Kukutux. But now...now she was nervous.

Thoughts of how her life might change kept her up at night. Of how Cerne's life would be affected and any impact extending towards Natigvik, Moonglow and Winterglade. Her suspicions were realized when she began to feel queasy. Urinating more than usual and the thought of her favorite food making her stomach turn. It wasn't like her to feel so out of sorts. While she laid low, she could not deny the truth.

This day she was feeling a little better than on others. She took advantage of it, seizing the opportunity seek out Cerne. She knew soon, Natigvik would return home. But with or without him? Her plan was to intercept the soothsayer to find out, and to break the news. 

Once she had supposed she might be fine with raising cubs as a single mother. She would have the support of her sisters. Finding the right man could wait. These were not her feelings anymore. Their father figure should be there, ideally. And she could not deny a certain pull she felt towards Cerne. Why she had not ran off immediately after their coupling, without a glance like she had the other two.
It showed she cared. Just like she did now, as she raised her voice and called to him, waiting at Winterglade's outskirts.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Natigvik was leaving, and still Cerne had not seen Keyni. How he longed to know if something had came from their coupling — especially now, as his fate with the river village was uncertain.

Keyni's call came, and Cerne responded to it at once. He found her at the edge of the wood, and he greeted her with a deep chuff. "Keyni... How do you fare?" His tone held only an edge of uncertainty. Did she bring good news?
Physical Health (100/100)

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
When the soothsayer emerged, answering her call in a deep voice. Seeing him, her heartbeat quickened. Her stomach flip flopped, sending a fresh wave of nausea coming over her.

She wiped the expression of discomfort off her face. "Take a guess..." She tried weakly at humor, to ease the tension in the air. Her legs took her closer to him, hurriedly. Her paler, more silver form clashed up against his earthen and ruddy one. If he had doubts that she held no greater feelings for him, then maybe here, she could wash those away.

"I...am well enough. Not one hundred percent. But...okay." She peered into his eyes, hers concerned. "Have...you told them?"
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
She was uncomfortable, though she quickly wiped the look away. Her quiet words, the way she spoke them... Cerne's eyes brightened. "Are you...?" He didn't move as she came to press against him, but he drunk in her scent, almost feverishly. It no longer held the scent of her season, but it was still pleasant. She questioned him, and he nodded once.

"It... was a heated discussion, to be sure, but... I am no longer of Natigvik." His gaze and jaw hardened, and he pulled her closer, pressing his muzzle to her shoulder. "I wish to stay here, with you."

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
"I could be..." She admitted, her smile hesitant. "All the signs are there, but I won't know for sure until a few more weeks." She had only the symptoms. No physical signs yet. She didn't know what to expect for herself but knew enough of what to look for after having seen Kukutux and Lote go through their pregnancies.

His reply brought to her a stirring of uneasiness. It had not gone well between he and the leading pair of Natigvik. He had left them, to be with her. "What was said?" She pressed, keen on getting details. How bad had it gone? "We will have to discuss with Lote and Kukutux. They are allies with Nativgik."
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
There was hope. Cerne had never expected to be a father so soon, but he wasn't against the idea, clearly. He held Keyni close for a moment more as she pressed for specifics. Frowning slightly, he sighed, There was disrespect from both sides, to both cultures. They also wanted your name, and I refused. He met her gaze. I will beg for forgiveness if I must, but I will not leave you.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
She was quiet, digesting the information. While she did not necessarily look upset, she was less than thrilled. Her face was one of serious contemplation. "I appreciate your devotion, Cerne. But Moonglow has been a part of my life long before you came into it. I cannot choose one over the other."

What would Kukutux have to say, when the pair faced her? Would Cerne have her forgiveness or be shunned as Sakhamet had done? "We should go to Moonglow as soon as possible. To try and smooth things over and repair the damage." The damage he and according to him, Natigvik, had caused. But she hated to take sides, and sadly, saw that it was he who had been more in the wrong. Wasting little time, she gestured for him to fall in step with her. She was leaving now, and that was that.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne bowed his head. I understand. Moonglow had been her family, once. Perhaps it still was. And then, her proposal. Dipping his head in assent, he replied, I agree. And what was a better time than now? Cerne followed dutifully after Keyni, ready to make what reparations he could.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.