Whitefish River Gotta move on
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
All Welcome 
Holo had waited as long as he could for his mate, he had wandered as far as he'd dared in search of her. The only conclusion he could make is that she wasn't returning. He had called for her so many times that his voice had grown hoarse. He was devastated and his body was beginning to deteriorate since their time apart, but he knew his life had to continue, with or without her. He had been following the river from the otter creek. A place that no longer brought him joy. One that only brought him bitterness and heartbreak. He had gone a great distance north, a forest lie to north, west, and east of him. He could smell packs in the area but grief stricken as he was, he couldn't bring himself to approach them.

With a half-hearted sigh he stepped into the shallow water and scanned the river for a quick meal. It wasn't long before a few small fish passed before him. He didn't bother with these, they wouldn't even put a dent in his malnutrition. His stomach growled with a vicious fury as a much larger fish began to approach. He readied himself, planting himself firmly in the river.
Loner
182 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Paeon was careful to avoid the nearby packs. Having had her previous experiences she knew that some were very protective and even if you didn't step foot on their claimed land, even being close caused some offense. She wasn't against meeting otherings or joining a pack down the line, but she still wasn't sure where she fit in amongst the packs of the Teekon Wilds and felt it right to be given an introduction or purpose of her visit rather than showing up on strangers doors.

There was still much of this region for her to explore and so she traveled into the Kintla Flatlands. Water was a common travel companion. It was a source of hydration, a lure for prey, and often a good marker on the map or natural path to follow. As Paeon trotted along the side of the river she could see several fish within it. She wasn't largely hungry, but she was beginning to consider grabbing a bite. After all, there is no harm in having a full belly.

As she thought it over and continued to walk she spotted a male wolf standing in the water. She could see his eyes following movement in the water and it didn't take her long to figure out that he was fishing, or trying to. He appeared somewhat lean for a wolf of his large size. Approaching the side of the bank she greeted him. "Hi there. Catch any of them yet?" she asked friendly.
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
So sorry for the late response, life got in the way of wolf I should be back now. :) Random hunt roll failed, poor guy lol.

Holo was vaguely aware of the stranger beside him, but he would not let them distract him from his quarry. Not yet. He grunted through his teeth, it was at that moment that the fish chose to swim close enough for him to strike. With his claws he aimed to strike at the fish to scoop it onto the land, where his maw would be ready to tear into it. His claws struck water and air. He sighed and stood up to address his company. Hello, I'm Holo, and you are?
Loner
182 Posts
Ooc — Raven
All good. I though I had already responded to this... Oops.

Paeon too could see the viable catch swimming Holo's way. As he missed his mark she said "Oooow so close." 

"Nice to meet you Holo. My name is Paeon." she greeted him. "Sorry if I distracted you. Would you like any help?" she asked feeling a bit bad that he missed the catch. She couldn't be sure that her presence was the reason he was without a fish at this moment, but she didn't feel bad about helping if he asked for it. She was sure she would get some of the fish too if that were the case.