rushing water
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
another thread with @Esperanza please? Star has no close friends so it would be good if she had someone to be friends with.

Star had skipped her exercising today. She had woken up at midday, exhausted. She had laid in her bed of flattened grass for a while, just taking in the sunlight. Now she yawned, stood up and stretched her legs, and began to walk. She picked up crow quickly and tracked it. She could see it hammering at a nut with its beak, attempting to get its next meal. She leaped upon it with skill, coming down perfect. It didn't suffer, it ended quickly and she set it down. She began to eat lunch, and looked up at the clouds. You're not getting better at hunting. In fact, you're not getting better at anything, idiot.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Hope you don't mind me barging in!

Scimitar knew very little of the tiny white wolf that was within the Creek ranks.. Simply that she had been here for some time -- spanning far enough from even when Fox had been here. When he caught her scent, he hesitated, debating almost to steer clear.. Thus far, the two did not seem to get along.. But at the same time.. He could not avoid nor, nor should he.

So, traipsing after the spunky little wolf, the agouti male allowed a low bark to usher past his jaws as he caught sight of her. She was seemingly enjoying a crow -- a rather impossible meal to obtain. "Impressive," he offered with a nod of his muzzle in the direction of the prey.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star heard the familiar voice in a bark of Scimitar's. Unfortunately, when she was reminded of Scimitar she was reminded of the scar that had been on her muzzle. Now it had faded, but she just didn't seem to get along with him. But she had to respect the higher ranked. She turned around, crow in mouth, but she set it on the ground in front of her. "Thank you Sir." She said politely. As usual, she didn't know how to start the conversation, so she left it at that and up to to Scimitar what to say next.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
O.O Scim has never struck Star? He showed her his fangs.. he didn't bite her muzzle.

He regarded the little spitfire – she was such a tiny thing, but Scimitar had witnessed her hunt first hand when he had lead the previous pack hunt.. which had been far too long ago. “Swiftcurrent Creek needs to prepare for winter,” he offered then, his eyes drifting from her to study the horizon. He had yet to spend a full winter in Teekon Wilds – he was not sure what to expect, and given he was one of the lognest standing members of the Creek, there was not many he could ask.

“Which means we should store the caches at every opportunity we get. How do you feel about preparing and leading a pack hunt?” Someone had to, and while Kaskara, Falwasi and Kieran were scouting out north, he knew they were down a few in numbers.. but perhaps they would be back by the time Star was ready. His bright turquoise eyes drifted to her then, studying her quietly.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
oh darn it.... I always thought he like lashed out his fangs and scraped her muzzle. That's too bad, cause I mentioned that wound in a few threads. .-.

She nodded. Autumn was passing extremely fast and was surprisingly almost over. Soon Winter would be here, and although her fur was well adapted for snow, some wolves with brighter pelts might have a bit more difficulty. Her ears perked and her eyes brightened at what he mentioned. I can lead the hunt?! She was so very excited and she worked hard to contain it behind an emotionless mask. "I think I could do that. Recently I've been thinking I'm going to work towards being a pack Gameskeeper. " She said. She hoped that this would be achieved and perhaps if she had a trade the rest of the pack would respect her even more.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Whoops.

She seemed up for the challenge, and the Alpha gave a light nod. "Then this should contribute toward that," he mused quietly, his tail giving a nonchalant swing through the cooler air. Winter would be upon them soon, and he would not have the caches so empty -- the simple fact that he could involve one of his members was simply the cherry on top.

Hopefully, they would catch something decent. "My only suggestion would be to steer away from the Sunspire and lands around the foothills. I had an interesting discussion with Amekaze about the hunting terrain they hope to maintain should the mountain not provide them enough this season."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Alright. I'll make sure to do that." She didn't bother to ask who Amekaze was, as it probably wasn't important. "Me and Dovev caught a young healthy elk near Wapun Meadow." She said, and she couldn't help but let her chest swell with pride. "Do you howl to call them together and then I lead them to hunt or do I howl for them along with leading the hunt?" She asked. Not all wolves might recognize her voice and if she howled, some might think she wasn't part of the pack.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He gave a small smile at her words of her and Dovev sharing a hunt. The petite she-wolf had been apart of the ranks for almost as long as him, and had proven to be invaluable to the Creek. Dovev had as well, and it pleased him to know that his pack mates were getting along so well -- even cooperating with one another. Now was possibly the. Last stable the pack had been in awhile, and the cinnamon male knew it was not his leading, but the members that had chosen to remain.

"Call for them. If they do not heed the call of their pack mate, then they can miss the grand feast I imagine will be involved," he mused, his hint of a smile growing in to a fuller grin. The pack could use something like this -- a celebration, of sorts, rather than bad news.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
finish this up soon?

"Thank you for the responsibility, Sir." She said politely. She smiled a little at his humor. A smile was a rare thing on her face- usually nobody acted silly or funny around her, as she seemed so quiet and emotionless. She was glad he could joke a little like that. "I will call them tomorrow, then?" She asked him. Star wanted to make sure there wasn't anything that would for some reason make her have to do it a certain time.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Whenever you are ready,” he offered in return, with a small tip of his muzzle. With the opportunity given, he knew the feisty she-wolf would not disappoint him. Star had been a member for far too long to still linger in the shadows of her pack mates – he wanted to see her rise to her full potential, and not view her smaller stature as a hindrance.

With a flick of his tail, the regal gave a quiet dip of his muzzle, his figure shifting to announce the end of their quick meeting. He assumed, after all, she had to prepare for her new task, and with another gentle smile, the cinnamon male loped away, his figure trailing to the borders once more to do another sweep. The pack could use some morale and good spirit – this would be exactly what they required.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Alright. Thank you, Sir." She said with a polite dip of her head. He began to walk away with a soundless goodbye. Star would be tracking the trails of elk scent till she thought it was just right to hunt them. When the time came, she would howl for the pack, and they would hunt. And hopefully feast.