Blackfoot Forest orbit
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away

Now Star had decided to go this direction. The forest was off in the corner of the valley, and it bordered the mountain range. There was a distinct smell here of forest that Star was not used to.
She began to ponder where her second-born sister Moon might be. Was she still being raised meanly by her father? Or had she followed Star's example, running away as well to lead her own life? Star hoped dearly it was latter. She wanted her sister to be living a good life, not a one of pain and depression.
<i><div><span style="color:#870a0a;">b</span><span style="color:#821416;">l</span><span style="color:#7e1d22;">o</span><span style="color:#79272e;">o</span><span style="color:#74303a;">d</span><span style="color:#6f3a46;"> </span><span style="color:#6b4351;">&</span><span style="color:#664d5d;"> </span><span style="color:#615669;">r</span><span style="color:#5c6075;">u</span><span style="color:#586981;">s</span><span style="color:#53738d;">t</span></div></i>
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<style>.eos1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .eos1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .eos1 b {color:#0c5467; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .eos1 {background-color:#bcbcbc; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/kT0f13S.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .eos1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .eos1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:560px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 270px 20px; } .eos1-border {width:600px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

The sea had always been her home, but Eos had an affinity for wandering. She had never seen such a vast expanse of beautiful land, not like the Teekons. So impressed by the areas that she trailed into, the naiad found that she had wandered a considerable distance from the coast and from her designated point. The lithe creature was not at all perturbed by this fact, only mildly surprised at herself. Eos took pride in her ability to know where she was, how far she had traversed, and how she would return. One thing she had discovered in her arrival at the Teekons was that there was an abundance of wolves. If she could not find her own path of return, there would be another out there who could, and the odds said they would not be far.
Willowy legs carried the female forward on long, slow steps. Eos lifted her muzzle towards the sky to taste the air around her and found that she had indeed ventured too far from the sea. When another aroma passed across her nose, the female paused and tilted her head to the side inquisitively. Flicking her tongue across her narrow muzzle, the naiad narrowed her eyes on a white figure not too far ahead of her. “Pardon me! Excuse me,” she called with a curling smirk on her dark lips and a quick flick of her tail. “Do you happen to know how far north we are?”

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The fluffy white girl looked up at this new tan wolf, who had snapped her out of her thoughts. She noticed vivid teal eyes that stood out to her. "We are around the middle of the Wilds. Not very far north. But we are somewhat far north on a larger scale, however not as far north as you can get." She hoped she had described it well enough for this wolf. Star didn't have a great sense of direction, but according to the weather she'd seen so far, they were located around where she said.
<i><div><span style="color:#870a0a;">b</span><span style="color:#821416;">l</span><span style="color:#7e1d22;">o</span><span style="color:#79272e;">o</span><span style="color:#74303a;">d</span><span style="color:#6f3a46;"> </span><span style="color:#6b4351;">&</span><span style="color:#664d5d;"> </span><span style="color:#615669;">r</span><span style="color:#5c6075;">u</span><span style="color:#586981;">s</span><span style="color:#53738d;">t</span></div></i>
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<style>.eos1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .eos1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .eos1 b {color:#0c5467; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .eos1 {background-color:#bcbcbc; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/kT0f13S.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .eos1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .eos1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:560px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 270px 20px; } .eos1-border {width:600px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

The pale wolf had turned to face Eos within seconds of calling out to her. At least she was polite enough to pause in her journey to assist the naiad. Within moments, the sea wolf was carefully peering at the stranger with a sense of curiosity.
The fellow traveler seemed to have a smaller figure than most. Her coat was thick – almost plush – in appearance, and aided in giving her an appearance of a small dog or a windswept wolf. Eos could not discriminate against such physical traits. Her own mane stood in odd directions and was constantly being carried away by a gust of wind. Still, the naiad did find it peculiar that this small creature was wandering the Teekons and carried the scent of a pack on her pelt. Eos drew her tongue across her lips once more and frowned at the stranger. Darting her sea green gaze upwards to glance around them, she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth in a tsk, tsk, tsk, noise before focusing back on the smaller creature with a small smile. “I’m new to the Teekons, you’ll have to forgive me,” she explained. Eos then narrowed her brows just slightly and dropped her ears to her skull. “I am more familiar with the sea this land is quite disorienting.”

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"That is okay. What is the sea like?" Star asked. She had never seen the sea, and her father never bothered to tell her about it. Peak's mom told Star instead, describing a lake as far as you could see and grains of sand for a long ways. Star had seen sand sometimes on the forest floor, but the wolf had said this sand was wet almost all the time. It sounded strange but wonderful to Star.
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary

Eos’ ears were tossed forward at the question that had been presented to her. Drawing her eyebrows upwards, the she-wolf allowed a smile to spread across her dark lips and momentarily flash her teeth in the direction of her present company. “It’s beautiful,” she remarked in a kind of reverence. Eos had lived around the sea for her entire life, and she would never change this aspect of her culture. She could not understand the appeal behind the idea of living near drab landscape. The ocean waters were ever-changing miracles to the world. “And dangerous,” she added with a swift nod of her head. “But, the sea is a mystical place, very sacred… you have never been?” Eos then inquired of the white she-wolf before her. What an oddity, to think that a wolf had not come across the vast expanse of water that was the ocean. Eos did not know how she could live her life had it not been influenced by the tides and the lapping of the waves on the shore.
The waters that had surrounded Karthas island had taken everything from the wolves who lived off of it. Even then, Eos could not condemn the ocean for what it had done. It could not be tamed, and the naiad girl had no intention of quelling the thirst for life that filled the waters.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star listened intently in awe as the wolf tried to describe the sea with a few simple words. "Never. I come from north about a month's journey, where it is colder and we don't see the sea." She said. A lotta snow, but not so much of this mystical, dangerous, beautiful expanse of water. For a moment she wondered if it ever actually completely dried up.
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary
I'm making some food so sorry if I slow down juuuust a wee bit. :D Still here, though.

The north… a shudder passed down the sea-wolf’s spine at the very sound of it. She knew what it was to struggle with prey during the cold months, but she had come across several travelers who had spoken of the northern territories and what they had to offer. It was said to have been frigid in all times of the year – prey practically impossible to find – and the wolves were lucky if they had a scrap of healthy fat on their bodies. “I have heard that the north is quite savage,” she remarked, slowly nodding her head. Her thin lips curled downward into a frown and she found herself wondering what it would be like in the Teekon Wilds when the snow finally struck them.
“Tell me, how long have you lived here in these lands?” Eos inquired, making an active decision to place the curling smirk on her features. The naiad was curious, and the white creature from the north seemed to have a decent sum of answers to be shared.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Last post tonight.

"It is, if you don't know how to handle it or if you are unfortunate with bright fur in the white snowy scene." Star had been thankful of her own fur, which had kept her a bit safer during snowy times. However it had still been hard, especially with her father. "I have been here since around the beginning of the summer." Star had not seen snowfall here yet, and wondered if it snowed much.
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary

“Hmm,” Eos mused with a soft chuckle that fell from her lips. She only found it humorous because she did not understand the situation that Star had described. It all seemed rather fanciful to the naiad. She did suppose that she would see soon enough what winter months could really do to the land. While she had not lived very long outside of the Karthas pack, she was knowledgeable enough to realize that the Teekon area would be receiving strong snowfall. It did concern her, however, for the coastline and what potential troubles it would bring for the wolves of the ocean.
Focusing back on the white female before her, Eos’ ears twitched atop her skull towards the end of Star’s answer. “Ah, not very long at all,” she remarked with some surprise, her brows lifting only slightly on her face. “Yet you’re so well-known about the land around you,” she then baited the white-furred wolf with a compliment. Eos tone remained sweet, sincere, while her mind clicked like a clock with several hundred cogs. “I am Eos, by the way. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” the naiad introduced herself with a curling smirk and a dip of her narrow skull towards the earth.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Oh, not much." Star said subtly, but she did like being complimented and a small smile shone on her face. "Star." She offered with a polite nod towards Eos. "Nice to meet you." She said. It was. She was glad this wolf had told her a little bit more about the sea. It was like dangling a healthy fresh young buck in Star's face, except to get this buck was to see this beautiful sea.
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary

Eos watched the small smile form on Star’s face with a feeling of satisfaction. If only all creatures were easy to please, the naiad knew that she would have a much higher standing in the world than she did. Still, she was on a steady climb. Fixing her bright sea-colored eyes to the white-furred female, Eos cocked her head to the left just slightly and offered a thoughtful frown. “Tell me, Star… which pack do you belong to?” the sea-wolf inquired with a tone that would suggest she was fully invested in the woman’s response. Eos knew very little about the packs in the surrounding territory. She had passed several of them – picked up on their scent in her wandering – but the only pack that had truly drawn her in had been Ankyra. The honest answer would have been that Eos did not care for the other packs. They were past the point of insignificance, but they were a part of the thriving ecosystem in the Teekon Wilds, so Eos was obligated to learn about them.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"We are a large pack living next to a creek." She said, but didn't give its name. "What's yours?" She asked the wolf back. Star, of course, almost didn't care at all for the answers of others, even her packmate's answers to many questions were unimportant. She did not care how their day was going, how was hunting, was their pack doing well (if they were from another pack), how was their alpha, what their favorite color was. Her purpose was to serve her pack, not to find out how they were doing. This was one of several reasons why Star was quite un-social and tended to stay away from others.
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary

Long ears swiveled forward to meet the response that came from the pale female. A large pack next to a creek. Eos had noted that Star failed to mention their name, however, with the description that was given, it would not have been difficult to find out. Drawing a smile on her features, the naiad nodded her head. It wasn’t long after that Star inquired about the sea-wolf’s pack. Eos had half a mind simply not to tell the white-furred creature. Ankyra Sound was a sacred place to the naiad. She had never found herself so enraptured by the prospect of another pack. Yet, she did not want to be entirely rude to the strange wolf of the creek. “The pack I belong to is a lengthy beach, surrounded by high cliffs,” Eos remarked. The smile on her features seemed to flicker for a moment.
She was very far away from the pack that she called home. Her surroundings were drab and unfamiliar, drawing a strange sort of bitterness from the sea-wolf. Flicking her bright gaze towards her pale companion, Eos wondered how the creature could stand to live in such a land. Certainly, it must have been a drastic improvement to the frigid north, but not by much.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"That sounds pretty." Star said with a nod. But generally any place near the sea was probably pretty, at least in Star's mind. She decided maybe sometime she could notify Scimitar and leave the creek for a few days to visit the beach. The cons were all probably worth the pros of the beach. "So," she said, "How's life on the beach?"
31 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The fair-furred stranger remarked on how beautiful it sounded to belong to the ocean, and Eos could only nod her narrow skull in agreement. Of course, the beauty of Ankyra Sound could not quite be appreciated without having witnessed the vast stretch of dark cliffs or taste the brine and salt that was wafted up from the tops of the water. How could Eos possibly explain to her companion what it was like to be surrounded by such things when the northerner had admitted to never having even seen the ocean? It wasn’t possible, and so the naiad would not try. It was not worth her time.
“I could not describe it to you, Star,” she said with a flick of her tail. “You will have to see it for yourself.” If the smaller wolf was not afraid of traveling outside of her comfort zone, then she would witness it on her own. “I should probably be getting back,” Eos then added, drawing her sea-water eyes towards the plush white fur of her newly met companion.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
last post for me! I'll archive it. Thanks for the thread!

Star sighed quietly with a small nod. It would be hard to truly know what something was like until she'd actually been there. Eos said perhaps she could see it for herself, just what Star was thinking. "I suppose I should too. Except my home is very close. " She said, not in a rude way, just a statement. "I hope to see you again sometime. Perhaps I will visit." She said. With a small wave of her tail she said, "Goodbye, Eos." Without waiting for the sea girl's answer she began to walk away, towards the Creek.