Northstar Vale between the jaws of fate
5 Posts
Ooc — killi
Moments passed, but it was not long before her summons was answered. A more intimidating canine could not have been the one to greet her. He towered over her, and it was reflex that caused her to shrink where she stood, ears lowering, shoulders and tail slouching. If he wished, he could have knocked her down with the swipe of one paw.

But the voice that spoke to her held no malice. He was businesslike, but he was not rude. River looked warily up at him and noticed the scars crossing his face, continuing along his entire frame it seemed. She felt a deep jolt of sadness for him. A shock of sudden pity.

“Epoch..” she repeated softly, to herself rather than to him. “Hello,” she continued, raising her voice to ensure that the giant could hear her. “I-I have been tracking your pack for many days. I    need… er, I wish to join you. If there is a space for me, I would be grateful…” many wolves could survive long periods of time on their own. River was not one of these wolves, however. She was too small, too weak, and too frightful.

“My name is River.”
Messages In This Thread
between the jaws of fate - by River Kiles - April 14, 2023, 01:37 AM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by Reyson - April 14, 2023, 05:31 AM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by River Kiles - April 14, 2023, 08:25 PM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by Reyson - April 14, 2023, 08:41 PM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by Tamar - April 15, 2023, 04:25 PM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by River Kiles - April 17, 2023, 02:30 PM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by Reyson - April 19, 2023, 05:20 AM
RE: between the jaws of fate - by Tamar - April 23, 2023, 12:46 PM