Ocean's Breath Plateau Welcome to the pack
"I've fallen in love and it's changed everything"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
After Rodyn said that @Meylodi could join the pack, Void brought her back to Moontide. He brought her to his den first, allowed her to build a nest, and then started off into the territory. "We're going to start with a sparring lesson. I promise I won't go hard this time, don't need to injure you." He said, slightly chuckling but his eyes were serious.

"Right, so the first move I'm going to show you is my signature move. It's simple, so you probably already know it, but the defense is what I really want to focus on. Just gotta start with the attack." Void explained. "So what I want you to do is I want you to lunge in with a quick but deadly bite to my chest. You can make contact but please, just to my chest. In a real fight it would be thrown to the throat but we're not here to kill eachother." He said. "I'll let you work it a few times and make contact before I do the defense, and then I'll explain it to you, and have you try it with me attacking." Void instructed.

no dice roll for this we'll just go back and forth with them trying the moves, allowing them to make contact if it'd realistically happen
-----
Void is Alfa of founding pack Midnight Scar. Interested in joining? PM me!
Health (90/100)
Void is physically healthy, just a little tired and unkempt
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Void has a mate and pups, and despite his exhaustion he is beyond happy
"Hurt any o' 'em and yer gonna 'ave me fangs at yer throat."
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Her friendly demeanor dropped, but her confidence in herself would never waiver. She could do this, of course she could. A fighter lived in her heart, born and raised on the northern side of a mountain range where rules were different and wolves didn't get along, always fighting over disputed territory and hunting grounds. Meylodi nodded precisely once to indicate she was listening. Go' i'. 

Her eyes, stealthily in their gaze, glanced at her opponent. Wha' fa'er always said, strik' while ta strikin's good. She tensed her hind legs, being so close and not needing to do the same to her forelegs.

The she-wolf was surprisingly quick and light on her paws for being of large stature, her lips parting to expose a set of fangs, stark against her coat. She sprang forward in the same motion, and felt his fur on her tongue, landing squarely where she had been told.

Two golden pools glanced at Void from her position, not daring to speak - any words she would have spoken would fall muffled, and would be nearly impossible for even her to understand. 

Is i' good, though? Dunno, been a while since I be needin' ta figh'.
May you live as long as you want,
and never want as long as you live.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded as she made contact and he felt her teeth connect with mostly fur, but hit some skin. He tapped her foreleg with his as a signal to release. “Good.” He said. “Your speed was great and on an unexpecting and unprepared enemy that would work just fine. Work it two more times just to get your muscles used to it then i’m going to defend the move instead of let you make contact.” He said

He waited as she tried it two more times before continuing. “Now, for this first time, i want you to let me do the defense even if you feel you can prevent it since i want to teach it to you, alright?” Void said. “Now, attack.” He said and as she did so, he quickly slid his front paws in to move his body out of her original range and surged forward with his shoulders, targeting to push her backward from wherever they connected, probably around her head or own shoulders. From there he would typically counter but for now he just worked the immediate defense. “Do you understand what i did or should i explain?” he asked her
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
If he had been a smaller wolf, she wouldn't have stumbled and instead remained still. Yet, she did stumble, if only briefly. Regardless, Meylodi felt proud of herself for not being knocked to the ground that time. A confident grin laced her face for a moment, and a small chuckle followed it; before her posture once more descended into the role of a serious student. 

Ya dod'ed me an' ya tried ta knock me o'er. her voice was confident in the answer, though she wasn't opposed to being told she was wrong.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"Not quite. I dodged, and I dodged exactly by tucking my front legs in some to move my chest and throat away from your bite, and then i just surged forward with my shoulders to try and knock you backward, giving me time to counterattack if it were a real fight." Void explained.

"So I want you to do that now. Just the defense, and make sure you put your all into it because I'm bigger." He told her.

"Ready?" He asked, waiting for her response, before he lunged in, trying to bite towards her chest, at a slightly slower speed for this first attack.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Meyl nodded, preparing herself for it. Aye. 

She did as she was told; however, her inexperience meant she was sloppy in her positioning. Her legs weren't as tucked in as she wanted, and her chest wasn't as far away from Void's oncoming attack as she'd like.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
i love how both the quotes under their names reflect/are about each other! <3

Void was able to make contact as Meylodi had not done the technique completely correctly, but his contact was somewhat limited. "Try again, tuck your legs back more." He said, and lunged once more.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
This time, Meylodi did it, tucking her legs in and narrowly avoiding Void's head. Their fur brushed against each other's, her heart pounding as her eyes watched his head ever-so-slightly slid past hers and miss her. Aye! I di' i'. 

The confidence boost, in the wolf already confident in her abilities, was visible. Her tail wagged and her tongue lolled over her teeth, a massive grin on her face. She even did a victory lap in her excitement, circling around him with pride in her step. 

Meyl rested her head under her mates for a moment, her tail thumping against his side. Go'a celebra'e yer successes, 'owever small they are.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded. "Right, I think we're good for right now with this. Lets he back." He said, and rested his tail on her shoulder, wanting to spend time close to her right now.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Aye, Meylodi nodded from her spot. An idea crossed her mind that she couldn't refuse.

Go'a catch me first, though, she giggled, bolting out from under him, her tail running along the underside of his chin, and raced to get back to their den.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void was down for the challenge and chased after her back to camp
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)