Swiftcurrent Creek Only hate the road when you're missing home.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><b><FONT COLOR="#5a0b0b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5a0c0c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#590d0d">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#580f0e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56100f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#551110">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#541211">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#531311">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#521512">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#511613">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#501714">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1815"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d1a16">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c1b17">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1c18">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a1d19">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#491e1a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#48201b">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47211c">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#46221d">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44231d">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#43241e">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#42261f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#412720">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#402821">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f2922">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e2a23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c2c24">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2d25">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a2e26"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#392f27">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383128">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#373228">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363329"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#35342a">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#33352b">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#32372c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31382d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#30382d">d</FONT></i></b></span></p>
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
The topic of their names was a fresh reprieve from the obviously austere difference of thoughts on religion, and respectful of her thoughts Nefarious made a mental note, should they cross paths again, not to bring it up. It was hard, sometimes, when it was such a massive chunk of your life, though in retrospect it was as simple as not saying anything. In the reality of things, keeping it “on the down low” wasn't a massive deal, considering that Nefarious had already resigned himself to avoiding speaking about it given that he had no idea how the wolves of this Swiftcurrent Creek would take his religion. Not to mention he did not know if they were tolerant of such things, or not. It wasn't something that Nefarious could ascertain in a short amount of time, either. Though Nefarious would not go so far as to keep it a secret — after all he was an adult and was hardly ashamed of his beliefs, he could, at the very least, keep it hushed. If they were curious they would ask, and if they weren't he would probably become the pack oddity with his voodoo, curses, and talismans. Coming from a pack that openly required the faith to a pack who, likely, knew nothing about it was a massive culture shock but one that Nefarious was confident he would be able to get through.

Paarthurnax repeated his name, recapturing his previously wandering attention, causing the Kesuk's ears to cup forth, orange gaze focused upon her. It was strange hearing someone else, someone that wasn't closely related to him speak his given name. Nefarious wasn't sure how it made him feel, hearing her repeat his given name, rarity that it was. In fact, she was the first that wasn't a Kesuk to know it. A small part of Nefarious feared Atka and Sos might come and devour him for telling it but neither came. The air was still and frigid, and everything was as it had been. When Paarthurnax went on to compliment the name, Nefarious was at a loss on what to say as a response. He wasn't sure if he should thank her or not, though the act of thanking seemed silly if because Nefarious hadn't picked his own name. It was the one that had been chosen for him. Even Nefarious had been chosen based upon his own actions and behavior as a child.

“Thank you,” The shaman murmured, not knowing what else to say, and knowing that he didn't want to leave her feeling slighted when she'd complimented his given name. “That is correct,” Nefarious responded at her question regarding 'Nefarious' being a nick-name of sorts. It was more than that from Suluk's reasoning, a masquerade mask of sorts, intended to hide the dreams of the Great Bears that everyone considered to be “visions”, but he didn't feel like getting into all of that. Nefarious didn't want to have to explain that his father was a possessive individual and that his possessiveness did not fail to grasp it's hooks into his children. “Not really, no. I think there were a few that did, I think a cousin of mine did, but for the most part no.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only hate the road when you're missing home. - by Nefarious - November 23, 2014, 08:36 AM