Swiftcurrent Creek If It helps I've lived a while
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]Backdated to before they left for the glacier about a week? @Star [/size]

Kieran strode from his den site, Kiva on his mind. He was anxious and he was a little bit delerious as he fought to wake completely up. He shook his mahogany head and shrugged his massive shoulders and he continued on. He would leave in a few days to accompany the girls Kaskara and Falwasi and he was a little bit nervous for it. Mostly because he was so used to keeping his own company, he wasn't positive he'd be able to keep theirs. He was an able bodied protector sure, and he would do his best to make sure they were not harmed at all, but it would still be hard for him to socialize.

He tilted black nose to the ground and he followed the game trail of a rabbit. He was happy to nab some breakfast and fill the caches.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star had woken up and stretched as usual. She frlelt sleeply but was immediatley knocked into hunter mode from the drifting scent of a rabbit. She trotted quickly towards, till she realized she smelled another scent mixed in. It was wold, and she soon came upon it's source. He was a large mahogany male who smelled of the Creek. She recognized him as one of the wolves who'd spoken up at the meeting where Tuwawi and Njal announced their leaving. Of course, she recalled, she hadn't understood what he said. It had sounded like a different language. She could tell he was following the same scent, but she didn't want to scare off his prey by calling out hello, so she hoped he could sense her or scent her or see her or something.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran stopped moving the muscles along his shoulders and back quivering as he stood in place. He lifted green gaze and sweeped it across the landscape looking for the wolf that had made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He stared at the she wolf in front of him and dipped his muzzle. "Uh 'owaya. can oi 'elp yer? oi'm kieran o'malley."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Luckily he noticed her. He seemed to not mind her presence. She didn't understand most of what he said, just the 'elp yer? And the Oi'm Kieran O'Malley. She couldn't understand why he spoke so different, even though it was still english. "I'm Star." She said quietly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your hunt." She said, and again her voice was toned down a notch lower than normal. Hopefully the prey hadn't heard her yet either.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
If asked Kieran would tell the truth, he spoke differently because English was not his first language. He studied the she wolf in front of him with studious eyes. She was a tiny thing, small, but he imagined hardy. He shifted his weight and shook his head with a smile. "iYou're gran', yer didn't disturb me any. oi can catch de scent again."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star understood more this time- she knew what words they were, even though there was his heavy accent. "That's good. Do you want to hunt now or no? I like hunting." She added. She was eager to touch up once more on her hunting skills as she was indeed working towards becoming one of the pack's Gameskeepers. She had caught the elk with Dovev a few days ago- she hoped many wolves had enjoyed the healthy young doe/cow they had brought down. Star thought back also to the time she'd hunted ducks with Shadow. Now he wasn't in the pack.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]I'm sorry i'm usually much faster than this, but i've been so very busy :([/size]

Kieran shifted and stood still, politely listening as she spoke. Hunting, he didn't mind hunting if that was what she wanted to do, but they should probably look for something other than a hare. Something a little more challenging for two of them. "Sure we can go 'untin'. waaat wud yer loike ter set our sights on?"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
don't worry, you're fine. :) sorry you're so busy.

His speech was still difficult to understand, but she thought she was getting the hang of it. Luckily he was fine with hunting. "How about sheep or goats, something like that?" She asked him. "I think there are a few herds here and there in the Valley." Star told him. Perhaps if they looked around a bit they could find one of the herds, and hopefully have a successful hunt as well.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran turned towards the valley and took a moment to study the female in front of him. Small yes, but he imagined she could hold her own. "Oi'm game for a goat 'unt. wud yer loike ter lead de way?" He then waited for her to either take the lead or allow him too, he really didn't care which way, just as logn as they got some meat for the caches.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Sure, Kieran." Star replied to his strange accented talk. She lifted her snout, sniffing a little before picking up a very faint scent of sheep on the air. She began to follow it at a steady trot, her nose stuck upward all the while. It led her to the edge of Wapun Meadow. A herd- maybe ten sheep- were either grazing or basking in the sunlight. She was hoping that according to the sheep's size, how many of them there were, how many Creek wolves there were hunting, and the wolf's size, that perhaps they could catch about three. That would be good enough for her- Even one sheep would be good enough. As long as they got something in their stomachs or in the caches for her fellow Creek wolves. She was careful to crouch behind a tall bunch of grass. She wasn't sure what the plan should be- just run up and hunt? She wasn't sure who should start the hunt, so she waited for Kieran to see if he would choose to make the first leap- or just form a plan. It was up to him.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran stood with his ears forward studying the mountain sheep in front of him. Their long horns and brown coats were strange to him, but he was sure they would taste just fine and the fur on them would make good bed for some. He motioned with his head that she keep in stride and then with a burst of energy he leaped forth from the crouched position and went straight for one of the ewes that was lame and a little older.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
With the same energy Star raced forward, immediately recognizing which one he'd targeted. She leaped upon the unexpecting old sheep. The sheep around it started baaing nervously and quickly backed away, watching the scene from the edges. The old one put up very little fight, not bucking much. But one healthy male didn't cower away- he raced up and attempted to ram into the predator with his horns. It knocked the air out of her, and she lost her grip on the sheep, falling to the ground, and hoping Kieran was busy attacking. In a matter of seconds she would be up and running again, though.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran went straight for the sheeps throat ripping it out as Star fell. Turning his gaze towards her he went after the ram, maybe they could take down two this day. With a snarl he charged at the offending ram. He jumped at it and using his larger weight he tried to bear it to the ground, Star could go in for the kill with this one if she liked. He just hoped she recovered quick enough to attack.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
finish soon, star's a captive!

Star recovered quickly and got up. She was a little surprised at Kieran's ferocity. Seeing how he'd already killed the older one, she followed his lead towards the ram. With a snarl she leapt on top of him and immediately reached her jaws towards his throat. She bit down hard and although she didn't tear it out completely, it started bleeding immediately as the life began to exit his eyes. He started to collapse. "Can we use their hide for a sleeping mat?" She asked Kieran.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Keiran had been caught up in the moment and honestly the ram wasn't much bigger than him. So it had not been hard to crunch it's windpipe beneath his jaws. He was panting but he nodded a yes to her question. They would have to be careful,but he couldn't speak at the moment to breathless from the run.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Good." She noticed that he was breathless though. Star had a lot of stamina so it took a while before anything would make her pant. "Shall we skin them here and bring the meat to a cache, or should we just keep the whole things ourselves?" Star asked. Her tone of voice made it obvious she preferred the first more than the latter. The second one seemed selfish to her, but perhaps he didn't feel like skinning them or taking off their pelts right now. Star would leave the decision up to Kieran, though.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran stared at her for a moment dumbfounded. WHy on earth would they keep it all for themselves? That wasn't very friendly and it didn't help their family, the pack. He didn't even comment rather he just bent to the task of skinning the creature that lay before them bloody and broken. It would go faster if they worked on the same one and then went to the other one, but if she wished he could work on one alone. He planned to take one of the sheep skins for the pregnant wolfess.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She followed his decision, it was what she wanted too. The pack always came before her- even though she was a part of the pack, she was there to serve them. She began to skin the one he was skinning. She was unsure what to do with the head. Did they skin that too? Or chop it off? She decided to leave it for now. The sheep's wool would make a good bed for someone. Perhaps since they'd caught two they could give one to Bazi and the other to Paarthurnax. The pups would have great comfort if this was to be their bed.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]So I know I wrote about Paar in my former post, but I'm actually not sure if Kieran knows of her yet. Because I'm pretty certain this was before the meeting sooo[/size]

Kieran didn't say much else as he worked silently and with intent. He was hoping to get this one done quick enough that he could start short work on the other one. Snipping at the fur around the creatures neck with his teeth he pulled it off and pushed it with his nose. It was bloody mess and coated his entire face in blood.

He stretched his legs and turned towards the other creature and began to work on that one's fur. "Who chucker yer want ter take wan av de vera lynns too? oi can take de other wan too another?"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
yeah that's true. Just don't mention her yet.

Star thought for a moment. "You could take one to Scimitar, I guess?" She didn't know who else, if anyone, stood out among their members. However, her few encounters so far with Scim had not always been great. "Could you deliver them? I have to do my daily run." She explained. "Every day I run along the Creek for practice." She said. What she was practicing for was untold, and perhaps would remain secret. That was something only she knew.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Keiran nodded and motioned for her to go on. He'd take care of the meat too. He would let her do what she wanted. Though frankly he was a little put off with her obvious want to get away and not deal with the prey she helped take down. He just shrugged, it was the way of things. Grasping both skins he pushed them to the side and then slowly he started disassembling the two sheep.