Sheepeater Cliff lookin' for a fight
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away

Star had gone quite far this time. She'd reached this cliff, and had gone around the Sunspire to get here. She wouldn't want to get in a problem with them. Ugh, she thought, as the painful ache was felt when she walked. Her bruise had bugged her while she was traveling; it was along most of her right side. But she could handle it. Star needed more fighting practice however- and she didn't know where to get it without trespassing. She supposed she could ask someone if they wanted to fight, but that was literally looking for a fight. She didn't want to make anyone angry or question her, she was just hoping to earn her trade as a warrior, or at least get it started up.
Star now just laid on the stone cliff, enjoying the view of some of the flatlands. She wondered how many packs lived there.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
@Star Sorry I took forever!

He was close to gaining the trades he had wanted: Gamekeeper, Warrior, Outrider. He was certain that he had gotten his Gamekeeper trade, but now he was close to finishing his Warrior one. He just needed to pick a fight with someone. But who? He could easily instigate a fight if he wanted to, just by saying "your mom" to some butthurt male. Or he could insult a woman's looks, but he wasn't that rude.

Sighing he wandered the cliffs near the edge of the flatlands, stepping carefully over the rocky edge. He just needed to find someone and see if they would be up for the task of sparring. On the edge, he saw a small, white wolf, a cloud on earth. Would he really be up for fighting that little thing? He chuckled to himself, not knowing that the little wolf was looking for a fight as well.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star smelled him long before she ever heard or saw him. She turned around carefully at the scent. It smelled very similar to that of the wolf she'd met once called Mordecai. She wondered if perhaps they knew each-other or were in the same pack. She paused for a moment before deciding to throw her thoughts out there, no matter what he might think of them, although she didn't want to seem like she was just trying to get some trouble started. "Hello there Sir, I'm Star." She said with a polite dip of her head. She looked up at him again. "I am not looking for trouble or am bloodthirsty or anything like that, but would you like to fight? I am trying to be a warrior for my pack and I need to sharpen my skills, but it's not like we are always at war. So with all respect..." She said, her voice beginning to fade away into quiet near the end. She hoped he wouldn't think she was strange for wanting a fight.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The girl called herself Star, though to be honest he would have expected Cloud or something of the like. Star was an appropriate name, he guessed. She could be compared to one. He dipped his head respectfully to hers as she did to him. "And I'm Kaname."

His eyebrow raised at the beginning of her question. What an odd way to continue a conversation. But he started chuckling lowly as she finished, filling the silence that she had created as she trailed off, going into fullblown laughter. She was looking for the same thing he was after all! Was he really going to fight someone so small?

"Forgive my mirth, but I was just laughing at the irony of this..." His chuckles died off and he smiled at her. "I was looking for a sparring partner myself. It looks like fate has brought us to each other. I'll be glad to fight you." Fingers crossed I don't accidentally kill you, girl.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Nice to meet you, Kaname." Well actually, maybe not nice. Star wasn't sure what to think of him yet. The phrase was just common courtesy. She was a bit nervous as he begun to laugh, but she was relieved when he explained. She had thought he'd been laughing at her, like the voice. "It must of." She said with a thin smile. "Now remember, nobody's on nobody's border. No bone-breaking or anything like that. Just practice." She said. She got ready to fight, but she didn't want to catch him off-gaurd or whatnot. "You can start it up." She said, giving him the responsibility of the first leap or dart or charge, etc.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The little wolf gave Kaname the first strike after establishing the rules. It wasn't like he had planned to kill her or severely hurt her, for he had no need. He had no vendettas to end, no bloodlust to sate. The assassin simply paced around the white wolf for a brief period, eyeing her.

She was smaller than him, and she could use her smaller size to evade him easily. So he had to move in, to cut her range out. The dark pelted male darted in, aiming for her shoulder to bowl her over so that this fight could be over quickly.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He certainly rammed into her, but she did her best to keep her feet. She stumbled backwards, almost falling, but she managed to regain balance and control. She charged toward him, her fangs bared. Not to bite him, simply a show of how sharp they were or whatever. Whatever it was about them that might scare opponents. She was aiming for his side where his ribs were, and was aiming to hit with her hard skull. She knew she was probably too small to knock him over. She just wanted to perhaps get him to stumble or trip up and/or be caught off gaurd.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
His attempt to knock her over failed, but he did manage to make her stumble. He was preparing to take advantage of her vulnerable position, but instead stopped when she charged at him instead, seemingly aiming for his ribs. Snarling, the male jumped back slightly, enough to get out of range, but then jumping back in, snapping at her legs, hoping to get a rough hold on them.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He did in fact grab her. His fangs loosely caught onto her legs. Star struggled wildly, bucking around like some mad bull. She replied to his snarl with one of her own, revealing her sharp fangs. You're not going to win this fight, Idiot. You really think you can fight this guy? The voice in her head mocked with a laugh. Shut up! Her controlled thoughts shouted back. She continued to shake around, hoping to get free from his grasp or shake him up a bit.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
If he had tightened his grip and pulled her as she continued shaking, he would have easily dislocated her leg. Luckily for her, he did not tighten at all, instead, tried pulling the little white wolf closer to him so that he could pin her down in a way that prevented her from retaliating.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star was glad he didn't bite down any harder or snap her leg or anything. Even though this was a non agressive spar, she didn't know who to trust. Some wolves wouldn't care what kind of spar and would just take the chance to kill the little warrior. Her tiny form was easily dragged closer to him. Instead of pulling away, she reached up and snapped her jaws at his shoulder, hoping to get in a bite.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The assassin noticed the little wolf's counterattack a beat too late, and her fangs connected into his shoulder. He hissed in pain, loosening his grip for a moment, but tried to grab her again, wondering if she would be fast enough to take advantage of the split second she had.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
who should win or give up? I'd be ok with Star losing, that's what's most likely.

She was satisfied as her attack landed and he reacted a little with a sharp hiss. She also noticed just a few milliseconds to late. She tried to dart away but he managed to grab her by most of her fluffy tail. She yelped as his fangs landed. She knew she couldn't just shake like an ox to get the wolf off her. So instead she twisted around and attempted to bite onto his shoulder.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
At this point it looks like Star is more likely to lose

Kaname countered her charge towards his shoulder by pushing towards her roughly, intending to hit her and bowl her over. He knew that he was more likely to win now that he had gotten off of her feet, after pausing to see the results of his actions, he murmured an ultimatum "Yield."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Her attack missed and she tumbled over. As he began to say yeild she hopped up to race forward again, until she regestered what he had said. She dipped her head respectfully, before lifting it to meet his eyes. "Thank you for the spar, Sir. Every bit helps to teach me how I can improve my skills." She explained, as if it wasn't already obvious. "Goodbye, Sir." She said with tiny smile before trotting away at a steady speed towards Swiftcurrent.

ok last post from me! Thanks for the thread, Alisha! ^^
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Last post!

She was preparing to fight again, but really that would be futile. He already proved that his larger size would outmatch her frailer frame, but she was quick enough to hear his call for yield, which she accepted. She thanked him for the spar, which he nodded to, saying "No problem," before going on his own separate way to lick the tiny wounds he had.