Firefly Glen left my sanity
Loner
8 Posts
Ooc — metic
All Welcome 
tip, tip, tiptoed he went by as he sauntered through the rich canopy, his feet dressed in mud-boots that splashed to the thighs. he deemed himself a mannequin right then and there, adorning the newest trend of shit-stained muck. 

a twirl through the flooded marsh as he strut his swamping runway, the star bugs acting as accent lighting to his modeling facade. one flew to close and he stretched his neck to give a hasty snap of plaque lined jaws. 

confined within a cage of teeth-locked fury, the insect buzzed in it's faint ebbing light. it illuminated the crooked smile with a sinister glow, and the boy soon turned to adorn a jack-o'-lantern grin.
Loner
17 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
"Do they taste good?"

A voice spoke out amidst the shadows, carefully tucked away from the moon and her fragile, tender touch. From here, they could see it. A demon with its grin spread wide, illuminated faintly by the insect this wolf decided to chow down on. Just seeing this stranger engage in such an act made Cassian's nose twitch, almost wanting to sneeze just as the thought of how that sensation must feel.

"I've never tried bugs before. Especially the ones that make the sky pretty all the time."

Out from the shadows and into the limelight came the voice. His sun-kissed fur and murky, brown eyes locking with the chaotic envoy several feet afar and above him.

"There's two packs nearby, but something tells me you're a bit too much of an oddball to be with them. So, what's got you all the way out here? Step too far to the north or the south and you're a dead wolf walking, or so I've been told. The whole don't cross this line thing isn't something I'm really vested in trying out myself."

Cassian's tail whipped behind him, before settling down as he sat on his haunches. Intrigue officially leaving its mark as the wolf's body leaned forward towards this new, flamboyant soul.
Loner
8 Posts
Ooc — metic
a ghost materialized from the darkness, and worldeater turned to stare at the soul gone for a stroll. his smiled fell only slightly at the realization that this was not a paranormal act, only that of a chatterbox. 

the man talked. talked. talked some more. the smiling man did not listen, busy snapping at the little lanterns floating around him. he collect two, then three in his mouth, the faint glow growing brighter each time. he danced with a feathery swirl around the man still yapping — he imaged himself as pretty as a headless ballerina.  

he whirled some more until — silence. he stopped mid pirouette, sunburned stare finally acknowledging the stranger who now sat with mouth closed. how he'd like to sew that mouth shut, he just need a needle and thread. 

he turned, plopped his boney haunches to the floor in a copycat move of the stranger, before proceeding to spit the now slobber soaked bugs at the man as if they were sunflower seeds. 

"you talk a lot," he finally spoke through his smile once all the little lights had been spat from his jaws.
Loner
17 Posts
Ooc — Nespario

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Bug munching

The insects were robbed of their life and light alike by this mired blob of festering darkness. Yet, this entity was not entirely a waste to the world around them. They offered a beautiful dance to Cassian while he spoke. This, he paid attention to. Brown, murky eyes followed the lovely little show being put on display for him. Eyes attentive, as if they were memorizing every single last brushstroke of the scenery around him. As if his very life depended on it.

They came to a staggeringly perfect stop in front of him. When the opposing wolf's maw went to open to spit the bugs at him, Cassian mimicked them. Their maw opened, his followed shortly after. The bugs were covered in slobber that was a disgusting, harrowing texture to most, but to a wolf that feasted on frogs and toads from time to time it warranted nary more than a singular thought.

Insanity.

They went down into his throat, coiling around in Cassian's own tongue before before swallowed.

A grin, twisted and pure in its own right, mirrored that of the one given to him earlier. Albeit, a horrid replication at that.

"I've been told that a lot."

The sound of the gulp resonated between them, as if brokering a deal between two foreign entities.

"If you don't want to talk, then guide me on what you want. How can I know if you don't teach me?"