becoming who we are
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
for @Rain friendly spar! Also this says sunspire but she's not in the borders.

Star had wandered pretty close to the Sunspire, but not inside their borders of course. Star was after her gamekeeper and warrior trade, and although her pack was just fine, their were reasons she'd come here. For hunting she wanted to see if she could cooperate with an unknown wolf to catch prey together. For a spar, she wanted a battle where she'd didn't know any of the terrain and it may be difficult to fight. Rolling around in tall grass was easy for Star. Rolling around on stone and rocks was not. She thought about howling, but decided she would just wait for somebody to show up. She she sat several yards away from their border, careful not to trespass.
I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain was leaving the Sunspire for a travel of the Wilds when she spots a white wolf near the boarders. Growling, she races up to the wolf, ready to drive the fluffy white ball away if needed. As she gets closer, Rain slides to a stop calling out, "Star? Is that you?"This was the wolf she had accidentally ran over near Northstar Vale. Excited she greets, "How are you?" Did you ever earn the trade you were after?" Her tail wags happily at the chance meeting. She hasn't seen Star in a long while.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Yes, good, no." She replied to each question in turn as Rain raced up. Star was dissapointed that she hadn't, and probably would be even more dissapointed if she found out that Rain had already earned hers. "How is life in the Sunspire going?" Star asked her... acquaintance. Star did not make friends in one encounter, and so it would take more for Star to trust Rain enough to be friends.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
From Star's rushed answers, Rain assumes the white as snow wolf is in a hurry. "It's... fine, I guess. I was just on my way out..."she tells Star slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that you have not earned your trade. If there is anything I can do to help..."She doesn't know how she will be able to help, but if there is something she can do, Rain is more than willing to help.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Well, I'm after warrior and gameskeeper. Would you be up for a hunt or a spar?" She asked the pale grey lady. Star noticed once more the scar over one of her eyes, and boredly wondered how it had gotten there. Perhaps Rain did fight- although the scar did not look too recent, although that didn't mean much. "A friendly spar. If a hunt though we can find some mountain prey. Not here of course, I wouldn't trespass." She added. Little did she know that soon she would on Blackfeather Woods land and get into a fight with two wolves... But more on that later.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Flicking her tail up, Rain rolls her shoulders saying, "I could go for a spar." She is a horrible hunter, so she wouldn't have been any help with that.

Without warning she lunges forward, jaws parted to grasp onto the white female. She will have fun with this, and she could use the practice as well. As an after thought, she wonders how well of a fighter Star is.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star was prepared for the grey lady's attack, although she hadn't known what kind of attack she would start with. She dodged to the left just in time. "Surprise start," she murmured aloud. Then with her fangs slightly bared, Star attempted to leap forward and bite Rain's shoulder or side, whatever she ended up closest to. This fight was not to draw blood, it was only for practice.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
I forgot to say that I love your new avatar. She's adorable!

Smiling at Star, Rain replies, "The early bird gets the worm." Dodging the white wolf's go at her side by bending out of reach. She circles Star, leaping in to nip at her and then back out every so often, testing her opponents speed. Rain herself was not as quick on her paws as she would have liked and was intent on knowing the white wolf's weaknesses. Even if this is only a friendly spar, she intends to hone her skills at reading her opponent and treat this as a true fight.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
oh thanks! i love yours too!

Star darted in and out as the wolf came at her with sharp little nips. Each time she dodged and then tried to hop forward so she could attack again, but Rain would do so first. Star was able to dodge most of them, although a few grazed her and even fewer completely landed as she pulled away. It was bleeding just a little, but something that would probably just be gone in a few days. She would be fine. Star took a mighty leap forward, aiming to land square of top of Rain's back. If she landed, she would dig in her claws just enough to hold on.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
As Rain lunged in again, Star leapt at her and managed to cling onto her back. She swung one way and then the other trying to dislodge her burden. A smile touches her lips, she is enjoying the spar and thinks to ask for another later. Without warning, Rain jumps forward, head down and rolls forward onto her back.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star noticed Rain's smile and was glad she was liking the spar- Star was too. It was fun to fight with a friend because while she still gained skills she knew they wouldn't injure her. As Rain rolled over unexpectedly, Star almost got trapped under her. She darted but most of her tail got stuck underneath Rain's back. She couldn't got anywhere, because her tail was trapped and so was she. She whirled around and stretched, trying to bite Rain's ear.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain shakes her head as Star bites her ear. She has the white wolf's tail under her back , but there isn't much she can do lying down. So rolling over, Rain free's her opponent and attempts to wrap her paws around Star's neck, trying to dislodge her ear from sharp teeth without causing any damage.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star was almost free till paws wrapped around her neck. As Rain shook her head, Star's fangs became unattached from her ears. Star tried to reach forward to bite down into Rain's shoulder this time. Her force was so light that it would barely even make a cut at all. She didn't want to hurt her new friend Rain. No blood should be drawn in a friendly spar anyway, so none would be.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
A tender grip of teeth touch Rain's shoulder as her own teeth go for the snow white wolf's scruff. She is beginning to wonder how this fght will end. From her standpoint this would end with a tie, they seem to be equal. Though, with how much she is enjoying this, the thought of a winner becomes irrelevant. Rain immerses herself in the pleasure of their spar. She tries to force her friend to the ground after stuffing her mouth full of Star's thick winter coat, pressing her body weight forward.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Rain bit into Star's thick mane that ridged down her neck and near the front of her spine. Rain's weight was a lot for Star- Rain wasn't heavy, but Star was small and fragile with a petite little frame. She was easily shoved to the ground by her friend's force. She twisted around, stretching her neck as far as possible to bite Rain's ear. With Rain holding her down, it was difficult to reach much higher than her eyes. Her midnight eyes are glowing with the light of a battle. She was a warrior.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Star gets a hold of her ear again. Rain's head turns with the weight of the white wolf pulling on her ear. She lifts a paw to try pushing the fluffy female off her ear. Growling playfully, Rain flops on Star to try holding her in place.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
finish up soon? Star is a captive in BFW now.

Rain easily pushed Star off her ear. However, Star hadn't just let go, and her teeth dragged across Rain's ear. Rain flopped onto her. Star struggled a bunch but just couldn't get out. She was too petite to use force. "Alright, alright, you got me. Get off me, Rain. I can hardly breathe!" She chuckled as a joke. Perhaps it was difficult, but she was fine.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
No problem :)

Rain lets Star up, tail wagging happily. "Shall we call it a tie?" She is starting to feel tired from their long spar, but she could go on if the white wolf wished. Pain in her ear causes it to flick. Star's teeth have skinned it a little, but Rain doesn't worry about it. The wound is insignificant, she won't hold it against her friend.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
thanks for the thread! I'll have it archived. If you wanted one last post tell me and i'll have it renewed.

"Yes. A tie. Thank you for helping me practice my warrior skills, Rain. Every bit counts." She said. She paused for a moment, watching Rain's ear flick, before continuing. "Sorry for any wounds I gave you, even if they are small." She apologized. Star had some wounds of her own, but nothing serious. "Well, I have things to tend to. Hunting. Till next time, Rain. Goodbye!" She said, with a friendly smile. She was pretty sure she could consider them friends now. If she had two positive encounters with someone, she usually considered them a friend. And Rain was a good friend.
Star began to trot off, her tail wagging in the happiness of having a friend.